PDA

View Full Version : Quotes from Cherone.com

David Van Via
10-08-2004, 06:14 AM
"David Lee Roth cannot sing, Michael Anthony cannot do Panama or Jump. SO OF COURSE GARY. he is sooo sexy".

You know David Lee Roth can't sing *cough wanker cough*. Some of the shit you read on that site just make you want to puke. Have a look at some of this:

"They are the soundtrack of my entire life".

That's a bit sad, and come on they're talking about Extreme!!

"Don't worry, Hellraiser, Gary's never left music!"

It's a shame really

tydhurst
10-08-2004, 06:17 AM
Cherone.com

Fucking Hell!

David Van Via
10-08-2004, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by tydhurst
Cherone.com

Fucking Hell!

Sorry I seen Ga y Cherone's user name and thought lets see what the gays are blabbing on about.

bueno bob
10-09-2004, 07:10 PM
What a fag Cherone was.

I feel bad for him though...Van Halen was the chance of a lifetime, but he had to know it was doomed from jump street...

FORD
10-09-2004, 07:14 PM
The webpastors at the Church of Cherone are decent enough guys, but some of their congregation borders on mental in their assessment of Exteme's role in rock n roll history.

bueno bob
10-09-2004, 09:23 PM
Well, Extreme was...uh...they had that one thing they did that changed rock music forever, remember? It was...uh...well, they had that "More Than Words" thing that was a hit, and they followed it up with...ummmm....

Anyone?

Never mind.

Matt White
10-10-2004, 01:26 AM
Nuno is a good guitar player. Extreme had the misfortune of being at the END of the hair-metal era. Gary is a decent singer. Certainly not VH material. At that point, I thought the SISTERS should have toured without a singer and been a traveling karaoke machine. Let the fans sing the songs. I mean a 3rd singer?!? Who the FUCK thought that it would work?

FUCK YOU Van Hagar!!!!!

badhorsie
10-10-2004, 01:32 AM
I think Nuno is a great fucking guitarist. He has such a great feel and command over his instrument.

I'm not that big of a fan of Extreme (i only have 2 discs) but they definitely have alot of variety to their songs and it sucks they were pigeonholed for their "hit".

Gary in VH though......it just wasnt the best choice.

bueno bob
10-10-2004, 01:42 AM
In some ways, I don't think it was a bad choice, per se...I was so sick of Hagar ignoring the whole Van Halen catalog save for his own garbage that I thought it was somewhat refreshing to get someone in there who actually CARED about classic Van Halen enough to try and get it back to the audience.

However, Cherone was just the wrong person to do it.

They had to be looking at themselves after the whole MTV '96 fiasco and know they were fucked. Bringing back the classic VH to the fans was a great idea, after years of it being virtually ignored, but going about it with Cherone was wrong.

It needed to be with Roth.

Too bad they missed that memo.

Bill Lumbergh
10-10-2004, 02:56 AM
Now I've seen it all..........Gary Cherone fans blasting Dave..........GARY IS A HUGE DAVE FAN YOU MORONS! Here's a question for you though dude........what the fuck were you doing on a Cherone site to begin with? Torturing yourself for eating that extra twinkie?!

Panamark
10-10-2004, 08:10 AM
Gary Cheronie rides the baloney pony !

-DLR

Big Troubles
10-10-2004, 08:17 AM
Remember Dave's quote when asked about Gary joining the Sam and Dave tour? "He's busy doing the vagina monologues" :D

Gary is a tool and the punchline to every VH joke there ever was.

Panamark
10-10-2004, 08:22 AM
Actually Gary can now take heart that more people purchased
VHIII than BOBW !! Who woulda thunk it........

Big Troubles
10-10-2004, 08:26 AM
Isn't that sad though? Shit, the writing was on the wall when they announce yet ANOTHER best of to follow up the previous best of. I never bought VH 3, I downloaded it. I listened to one of the songs, and that was it. Is there anything on there worth a damn or should I just delete it now and free up some space? :)

Big Troubles
10-10-2004, 08:28 AM
I think the future is brighter for an EEAS reunion than a Van Halen one at this point. But then again, I question what dave really wants to do? Maybe he's sick of the bullshit too. Low album sales and playing small venues might not be worth it agter a few years. Well I wouldn't blame him if he decided to just do studio albums without touring. Keep the EMT, try for more TV appearances and keep up with some charities. Thats the high road.

Panamark
10-10-2004, 08:57 AM
There is nothing on VHIII, the Van Hagar catalog, or the three new tracks on BOBW that are worth listening too..

(Assuming you have heard real Halen first, you will be very dissapointed)

Panamark
10-10-2004, 08:59 AM
Wheres that Van Cherone clip of Ga y fingering his butthole on stage ?
(writhing on the floor) all the Spamsters that visit here might get a
kick out of it. Its everybit as gay as Spammy !

ThrillsNSpills
10-10-2004, 09:12 AM
Someone needs to post that pic at cherone.com

I've seen the thread where they bash Dave and I think that's the only bunch that even acknowledges that VH had 3 singers. Even the Halens said it was chaos. (probably blamed Gary for it)

Panamark
10-10-2004, 09:17 AM
Actually after a bit of pondering, I think Daves quote was:

Phoney Cheronie rides the Baloney Pony

David Van Via
10-10-2004, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
Now I've seen it all..........Gary Cherone fans blasting Dave..........GARY IS A HUGE DAVE FAN YOU MORONS! Here's a question for you though dude........what the fuck were you doing on a Cherone site to begin with? Torturing yourself for eating that extra twinkie?!

Look at post number 3 sir.

Originally posted by David Van Via
Sorry I seen Ga y Cherone's user name and thought lets see what the gays are blabbing on about.

scottydabodi
10-10-2004, 01:47 PM
Man, all I can say is that my old band opened for Extreme in '89, and we kicked their asses all over Boston... we also got more chicks, so Fuck them.

PS -Nuno = Douchebag.

PS(Slight Return) -I'd rather have no hits, than everyone remember me for "More than Words"... shheeeeesssshhh

Kermit The Frog
10-10-2004, 02:11 PM
turn the fucking page on the cherone thing already...

scotty my boy, your 'band' never opened for extreme nor did your 'band' kick anyones ass.

thank you in advance for not lying in your future posts.

tjvhou812
10-10-2004, 09:06 PM
why is there a cherone.com any way?

Terry
10-10-2004, 10:07 PM
Cherone's just not important as a rock frontman, and Extreme weren't an important band. Don't think that even hardcore Extreme fans could claim that Extreme music was historical. Perhaps "More Than Words" will wind up on Monster Ballads Vol. 3, but that's as close as that band is ever gonna get to immortality. Never saw and heard that much of Nuno's playing that was all that unique, although he played well.

Van Halen 3 was a misfire. Ed was either ballsy or stupid (still can't decide if it was one, the other or both) to forgo a Roth reunion in 1996 and forge on with Cherone at the helm. Needless to say, the soap opera theatrics that preceded Cherone's hiring proved to be far more interesting than any music the Van Halen 3 lineup created.....just as Dave's comments in the press about Van Hagar were more enthralling than any music created at 5150 from 1985 to 1995.

Johnny Alucard
10-11-2004, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by tydhurst
Cherone.com

Fucking Hell! The corn in Roth's fecal matter has better pitch and tone and power than Cherone ever had, has now, or ever will have. Lets see that puss even ATTEMPT "Atomic Punk"

Shaun Ponsonby
10-29-2004, 11:12 AM
Don't know if anyone knows this-but after VH3, Cherone played Jeseus in 'Jesus Christ Superstar'. I mean, that's desparate.

lafours
10-29-2004, 11:48 AM
I wish DLR would have hooked up with Nuno when VH got Cherone...Nuno can write in the perfect big rock style for Dave to shine on....Roth / Bettencourt could be a hell of a team.

Bill Lumbergh
10-29-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Terry

Perhaps "More Than Words" will wind up on Monster Ballads Vol. 3, but that's as close as that band is ever gonna get to immortality.

LMFAO! Terry rules!

CVHfan
01-22-2005, 08:41 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by badhorsie
[B] I think Nuno is a great fucking guitarist. He has such a great feel and command over his instrument.

I'm not that big of a fan of Extreme (i only have 2 discs) but they definitely have alot of variety to their songs and it sucks they were pigeonholed for their "hit". [QUOTE]

Do you have "III Sides to Every Story"? I've heard good things about the album, but can't find it anywhere

Chaz Rock City
01-24-2005, 02:31 AM
I think Gary Cherone should be fronting the new Queen, not Paul Rodgers. He the right voice for the material and his showmanship would work with Queen. At the Freddie Mercury tribute concert, Extreme did an outfuckinstanding Queen medley.

If Gary was in Queen, I would forgive him for VH3. It was probadly all EVH fault anyway.

Bad Muthafucker
01-24-2005, 10:40 AM
I just went over there to cherone.com real quick just to see what it was like and man oh man!! There's alot of crybabies over there! I left and came back here after about 5 minutes.