PDA

View Full Version : Fire Alex and hire Tommy Lee

Nitro Express
10-08-2004, 01:59 PM
I always thought Tommy Lee was a kick ass drummer with a cool attitude. I mean spinning the whole drum kit upside down like a carnival ride was cool.

Alex Van Halen can still drum but his attitude has ruined the band. He needs to be fired and Tommy needs a job.

I think Tommy could hold his own and give us some showmanship Alex never could.

Matt White
10-08-2004, 02:04 PM
Problem with that. there would be 2 guys in the band hogging the spotlight from EVH: DAVE & TOMMY. EVH would NEVER go for having anybody else but SHEMP & MIKEY in the band. It's why he doesn't step outside the 5150 compound and play with other people.

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!

Thetruthbaby
10-08-2004, 02:14 PM
T LEE is an idiot. Trust me. I've met him once and seen him in public a few times and the guy is a moron. And no I don't dislike Tommy because he bangs super hot chicks. I could care less. More power to him. From that perspective I wish I could change places with him. But he's perfect for M Crue. They're all idiots in their own respective ways. Plus Tommy is a showman as much as anything else. I mean he can play, but he's definitely over-rated. And he's a Tommy Aldridge wannabe. BIG TIME. If you go back and watch Aldridge you'll see where LEE got most of his stuff from.

Mama's Fool
10-08-2004, 02:38 PM
Cool, so Shout at the Devil instead of Eagles Fly. I can live with that.

bueno bob
10-08-2004, 02:39 PM
Uh...

no.

horty07
10-08-2004, 02:44 PM
just get rid of Shemp, who cares who replaces him. But first get rid of the SPAM.

Vanstonica
10-08-2004, 03:00 PM
As much as I hate the guy, to quote Beavis and Butthead:

You can't fire Van Halen from Van Halen.

...I can't believe I just quoted that show.

frenchie
10-08-2004, 03:25 PM
EVH, from an interview in 1986:
" dave is the kind of guy who go in a party and spend all the night under a spotlight to be sure that everybody saw him"

DLR, from an interview in 1988:
"EVH is the kind of guy who go in a party and spend all this time in the toilet because he drunk too much"

they know each others very well, that's VAN HALEN melodrama

Nitro Express
10-08-2004, 03:33 PM
I don't think Dave was drunk onstage that much. He sure as hell was at the US Festival but at most shows he had too much to worry about like remembering the lyrics and doing his gynastics. Plus Dave said in his book he took lots of Ibuprofen to do some of them shows because he was in pain. Ibuprofen and alcohol is a poor mix.

EVH needed the confidence in a bottle more than Dave did because of his insecurities and ego.

frenchie
10-08-2004, 03:36 PM
never say that dave was drinkin'.

Mezro
10-08-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express

I think Tommy could hold his own and give us some showmanship Alex never could.

Yeah, he could hit the gong with his cock on fire.

Mezro...Tommy needs to get back to his roots before he even attempts druming again...

Figs
10-08-2004, 04:18 PM
Hey I know, instead of Tommy Lee, how 'bout Ray Luzier?

Then we can shitcan Mike and bring in James Lomenzo.

Then we can shitcan Ed and bring in Brian Young.

Then to flush out the sound, how about adding a rhythm guitarist like Toshi Hiketa.

That would kick ass!

Jesus Christ it's fucking slow on news these past few weeks. Not much more to bash about on the Van Faggot tour, no Dave news, BOBW is about to be just a bad memory; Fuck it. Yawn.....

Carmine Raguzza
10-08-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Figs
Hey I know, instead of Tommy Lee, how 'bout Ray Luzier?

Then we can shitcan Mike and bring in James Lomenzo.

Then we can shitcan Ed and bring in Brian Young.

Then to flush out the sound, how about adding a rhythm guitarist like Toshi Hiketa.

That would kick ass!

hmmmm....you could be on to something here...

Wayne L.
10-08-2004, 06:33 PM
Tommy Lee is a great rock drummer in his own right but he's no Keith Moon, John Bohnam or Alex while he's the most immature guy I have ever seen in his early 40's.

Splooge
10-08-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Wayne L.
Tommy Lee is a great rock drummer in his own right but he's no Keith Moon, John Bohnam or Alex while he's the most immature guy I have ever seen in his early 40's.

Do you like his feet?

Thetruthbaby
10-08-2004, 06:47 PM
He's also no Tommy Aldridge whom he completely ripped off. I remember when I was in my early teens my drum teacher at the time told me while watching a M Crue video that "that guy must be a big Tommy Aldridge fan". This was around 83' when the Crue were just breaking big. When my teacher then let me see videos of Aldridge with BOArkansas and Pat Travers it all became clear. Lee was simply an Aldridge clone.

monkeythe
10-08-2004, 10:58 PM
Not only can Tommy drum, he can rap.

"WHo is this fat singer in front of me
Compared to Vince Neil his midsection has more girth
Looking at Hagar makes me want to hit him like I did Pamela Lee
I don't want to be in this band unless they have Roth"

TwoFoolsAMinute
10-09-2004, 12:51 AM
Roth Vai Sheehan Luzier

scottydabodi
10-09-2004, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Thetruthbaby
T LEE is an idiot. Trust me. I've met him once and seen him in public a few times and the guy is a moron. And no I don't dislike Tommy because he bangs super hot chicks. I could care less. More power to him. From that perspective I wish I could change places with him. But he's perfect for M Crue. They're all idiots in their own respective ways. Plus Tommy is a showman as much as anything else. I mean he can play, but he's definitely over-rated. And he's a Tommy Aldridge wannabe. BIG TIME. If you go back and watch Aldridge you'll see where LEE got most of his stuff from.

Tommy Aldrige fucking RRRROOOOOOCCCCCCKKKKKKSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

badhorsie
10-09-2004, 01:47 AM
I've never any brilliant drumming from anything Tommy Lee has been a part of.

Tommy Aldridge though....he's a badass always has been.

bueno bob
10-09-2004, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by Figs
Jesus Christ it's fucking slow on news these past few weeks. Not much more to bash about on the Van Faggot tour, no Dave news, BOBW is about to be just a bad memory; Fuck it. Yawn.....

Ain't it the fuckin' truth.

Panamark
10-09-2004, 05:46 AM
If they are playing pre-recorded keyboards, why not go the whole
way and include pre-recorded drums. Would anyone miss
Alices head protruding over the kit ??

*ALSO*

Without the kit in the way, Spammy would finally have enough
stage area to waddle about in.

Hmmm.. which is bigger, Alice's Drumkit or Sammy Hagar ???