PDA

View Full Version : 21 Kerry debate lies

ELVIS
10-08-2004, 02:24 PM
JOHN KERRY AND 21 OF HIS LIES, MISLEADING AND WRONG ANSWERS (http://www.mblog.com/emigre_with_digital_cluebat/091512.html)

Examining Kerry's debate statements

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20041008/mdf720858.jpg

During the debate, John Kerry tried to get away with playing tricks with the truth. He hurled accusations, twisted facts, and made up arguments out of thin air. The Galvin Opinion has compiled and examined Kerry's statements. Here are the most egregious examples of how John Kerry did not level with the American people during Thursday night's debate with President Bush.

# 1: "The president made the judgment to divert forces from under Gen. Tommy Franks from Afghanistan before the Congress even approved it, to begin to prepare to go to war in Iraq."

TRUTH: Kerry has claimed that Gen. Tommy Franks complained about not having enough troops. That is not true. Franks has said he always had enough troops and the president never diverted troops from his forces.

# 2: "You don't send troops to war without the body armor that they need."

TRUTH: Kerry says the troops needed armor but he voted against the $87 billion to fund those troops in Iraq. He said he voted against the bill as a "protest."

# 3: "This president just, I don't know if he sees what's really happening there. But it's getting worse by the day."

TRUTH: Our brave soldiers are not losing. We are winning the war against a small but determined group of terrorists afraid of democracy flowering in Iraq.

# 4: "What kind of message does it send to be sending money to open firehouses in Iraq but we're shutting firehouses, who are the first responders here in America? The president hasn't put one nickel - not one nickel - into the effort to fix some of our tunnels and bridges and most exposed subway systems. That's why they had to close down the subway in New York when the Republican convention was there."

TRUTH: The president has increased funding. Homeland Security Department has paid more attention to infrastructure than all agencies ever before it. As for the subway, I took the subway to the Republican Convention, it wasn't closed.

# 5: "$200 billion, $200 billion that could have been used for health care, for schools, for construction, for prescription drugs for seniors."

TRUTH: But Kerry told Tim Russert that we should increase funding in Iraq. "We should increase it. By whatever number of millions of dollars it takes to win. It's critical that we are successful in Iraq."

# 6: "You know the president's father did not go into Iraq into Baghdad beyond Basra... And he said our troops would be occupiers in a bitterly hostile land. That's exactly where we find ourselves today."

TRUTH: At the time, no one wanted to send American ground troops into Iraq. It was hard enough for former President Bush to get approval to kick Iraq out of Kuwait. That's because people like John Kerry spoke out and voted against the Gulf War.

# 7: "We didn't guard the nuclear facilities."

TRUTH: Nuclear facilities. Exactly. So, they were in Iraq, Senator Kerry.

# 8: "And from the beginning I did vote to give the authority because I thought Saddam Hussein was a threat, and I did accept that intelligence."

TRUTH: Kerry said he thought Saddam was a threat but he also said, "And smart means not diverting your attention from the real war on terror in Afghanistan against Osama bin Laden and taking it off to Iraq where the 9/11 commission confirms there was no connection to 9/11 itself and Saddam Hussein."

# 9: "They avoided even the advice of their own general, General Shinseki, the Army chief of staff, said, you're going to need several hundred-thousand troops. Instead of listening to him, they retired him."

TRUTH: That is A LIE. According to Robert Novak, In March 2002 Donald Rumsfeld announced Shinseki's term would end in June 2003. Eleven months after that announcement, Shinseki told a committee that the U.S. would need "several hundred thousand soldiers."

# 10: "The terrorism czar, who has worked for every president since Ronald Reagan, said invading Iraq in response to 9/11 would be like Franklin Roosevelt invading Mexico in response to Pearl Harbor."

TRUTH: He's referring to a discredited liar, Richard Clarke, who exploited the tragedy of 9/11 with a maudlin apology at the Commission hearings.

# 11: "When the secretary general, Kofi Annan, offered the United Nations, he said, "No, no, we'll go do this alone.'' To save for Halliburton the spoils of the war, they actually issued a memorandum from the Defense Department saying, if you weren't with us in the war, don't bother applying for any construction."

TRUTH: The United Nations pulled out after their offices were bombed and UN officials like Sergio Vieira de Mello were killed. Halliburton, and companies from other countries that contributed troops, were allowed to bid for contracts. I guess John Kerry wants France to grab the spoils of war even though it did not shed blood with our troops.

# 12: "But what he has said is that even knowing there were no weapons of mass destruction, even knowing there was no imminent threat, even knowing there was no connection of Al Qaeda, he would still have done everything the same way."

TRUTH: While standing in front of the Grand Canyon, John Kerry said he would have gone to war with Iraq even though we haven't found WMD.

# 13: "First of all, we all know that in his State of the Union message he told Congress about nuclear materials that didn't exist."

TRUTH: That is ANOTHER KERRY LIE. Bush said in his speech that British intelligence found out Iraq attempted to buy materials from Niger. Another discredited liar, Joe Wilson, was the centerpiece of how the truth eventually emerged.

# 14: "The president said he would exhaust the remedies of the United Nations and go through that full process. He didn't. He cut it off, sort or arbitrarily."

TRUTH: President Bush, Colin Powell and Ambassador Negroponte went repeatedly to the U.N. Look up UN Resolution 1441 and you'll see how we had UN backing.

# 15: "We did not go as a last resort."

TRUTH: After 12 years of resolutions, expelled weapons inspectors and more resolutions, WE DID go to war as a last resort.

# 16: "Osama bin Laden uses the invasion of Iraq in order to go out to people and say America has declared war on Islam."

TRUTH: John Kerry quotes and agrees with Osama bin Laden. Well, what did Osama bin Laden use an excuse to kill us on 9/11? Was it our civilians fault?

# 17: "Saddam Hussein didn't attack us. Osama bin Laden attacked us. Al Qaeda attacked us."

TRUTH: It's not a zero sum gain. We can fight both Al Qaeda and Iraq. Osama bin Laden isn't the only terrorist in the world. And we had to attack Hussein before he attacked us. According to Kerry, we can only fight once we've been attacked.

# 18: "He also said Saddam Hussein would have been stronger. That is just factually incorrect. Two-thirds of the country was a no-fly zone when we started this war. We would have had sanctions. We would have had the U.N. inspectors. Saddam Hussein would have been continually weakening."

TRUTH: I thought Kerry said Saddam was a threat? Here he says Saddam was weakening. I don't know what Saddam could have possibly been weakening under when he was still killing people left and right while collaborating with terrorists like Zarqawi. Plus, Saddam kicked out UN inspectors repeatedly.

# 19: "If the president had shown the patience to go through another round of resolution, to sit down with those leaders, say, What do you need? What do you need now? How much more will it take to get you to join us? We'd be in a stronger place today."

TRUTH: What a pathetic negotiating tactic. Countries like France and Germany were intractable on this issue, and Kerry would have asked them what more they wanted of us? Unbelievable.

# 20: "But if and when you do it, Jim, you've got to do [pre-emption] in a way that passes the test. That passes the global test where your countrymen, your people understand fully why you're doing what you're doing."

TRUTH: According to Kerry, we have to pass a global test in order to assert our right of protecting ourselves through pre-emption.

# 21: "And we've watched this president actually turn away from some of the treaties there were on the table. You don't help yourself with other nations when you turn away from the global warming treating, for instance."

TRUTH: John Kerry voted against the Kyoto Global Warming Treaty.

:elvis:

FORD
10-08-2004, 02:30 PM
Does "Some Guy With A WebSite" have any sources for these statements? Most of his responses are opinion, not "truth".

knuckleboner
10-08-2004, 02:32 PM
sorry, big E., but this guy's an idiot...

# 7: "We didn't guard the nuclear facilities."

TRUTH: Nuclear facilities. Exactly. So, they were in Iraq, Senator Kerry.

if he doesn't know the difference, between nuclear energy facilities and nuclear weapons production facilities, then he shouldn't be calling things, "truth."

TRUE, some nuclear weapons "energy" facilities can produce weapons-grade materials. but not iraq's.

Big Train
10-08-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Does "Some Guy With A WebSite" have any sources for these statements? Most of his responses are opinion, not "truth".

WOW>..I mean WOW...talk about a kid in a glass house throwing rocks at another kid in a glass house...

ELVIS
10-08-2004, 03:25 PM
Some of his responses are indeed opinion, but the Kerry quotes are correct...

FORD
10-08-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Big Train
WOW>..I mean WOW...talk about a kid in a glass house throwing rocks at another kid in a glass house...

If I cite something as FACT, I list sources for it. If this guy wants to post his opinions on his blog, more power to him. Just don't proclaim it to be the truth.

Jerry Falwell
10-08-2004, 03:35 PM
Don't you proclaim your oppinion as "truth" most of if not All of the time?
:D

ELVIS
10-08-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by FORD
If I cite something as FACT, I list sources for it. Then I twist it around and mix it with distortions in an effort to make it line up with my BCE theory.

Sometimes I post articles that are so far removed from anything resembling reality, that I opt not to post a link.

Hey, I think I hear BCE helicopters buzzing over head, gotta go!

;)

Vanstonica
10-08-2004, 03:44 PM
Hey Ford,

My curiosity has the better of me. I'm sure you've posted this at some point, and I just haven't seen it....but I've seen you say that Kerry isn't who you'd like to have for President either.

In your perfect world, who would you like to see in the White House?

ELVIS
10-08-2004, 03:44 PM
algore

ELVIS
10-08-2004, 03:45 PM
Howard Dean

Angel
A Clinton.

ELVIS
Bill Clinton

Warham
10-08-2004, 04:35 PM
FORD would like to see Jimmy Carter have the second term he never got.

BigBadBrian
10-08-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by knuckleboner

TRUE, some nuclear weapons "energy" facilities can produce weapons-grade materials. but not iraq's.

Iraq had none....Kerry didn't know that? Hmmm........

FORD
10-08-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Warham
FORD would like to see Jimmy Carter have the second term he never got.

In 1980, yes. But as much as I respect Jimmy, he's too old for the job now.

Howard Dean was clearly the best of the candidates in the race this year. I would have preferred him as nominee, and as President.

FORD
10-08-2004, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Angel
A Clinton.

Who is A. Clinton?

I know who B. Clinton is. And H. Clinton. And C. Clinton (too young to run yet)

And there's always G. Clinton...
http://www.papermag.com/paperdaily/culturalsushi/archive01/vh1_fashion_awards/images/george_clinton.jpg

But I don't know who A. Clinton is? :confused:

lucky wilbury
10-08-2004, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
sorry, big E., but this guy's an idiot...

if he doesn't know the difference, between nuclear energy facilities and nuclear weapons production facilities, then he shouldn't be calling things, "truth."

you give me some of iraq's uranium stockpile (which was in the 100's of tons) and some c4 and i'll give you a dirty bomb

Angel
10-08-2004, 06:42 PM
I didn't mean it to look like an initial. I guess I should have put ANY Clinton! Damn, I miss Willy! ;)

ELVIS
10-08-2004, 06:49 PM
Your husband's name was Willy ??

Angel
10-12-2004, 12:22 PM
That's how we always refer to Bill Clinton. :D...

Satan
10-12-2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by lucky wilbury
you give me some of iraq's uranium stockpile (which was in the 100's of tons) and some c4 and i'll give you a dirty bomb

Yes, YOU could probably build a dirty bomb, but then CIA agents build bombs all the time. That's not a skill that most mortals run around with.

And they banned the Anarchists Cookbook, which used to have recipies for such things......