PDA

View Full Version : Edie Van Halen to release first solo album in 06.

Wayne L.
10-09-2004, 11:08 AM
Legendary rock guitarist Eddie Van Halen of the rock group Van Halen will be releasing his first official solo album as well going on his first solo tour in 06 which he has been working on for about 5 years. Sources close to the rocker say it's what you would expect from Eddie with different vocalists on different tracks kind of similiar to Supernatural from another legendary guitarist Carlos Santana. Whether this is the final VH tour if anybody's guess but reliable sources in the music business & close friends say that EVH wants to put his legendary rock band to rest once & for all but he wants his brother Alex to continue as his drummer.

lms2
10-09-2004, 11:12 AM
Is this a hypothetical?

A back up in case Dave won't come bail his ass out after this sham?

Interesting to think about though... Will people still hate him if he doesn't have a crummy lead whiner?

Splooge
10-09-2004, 11:13 AM
It's gonna be called Me, Myself, and Rye!!

Matt White
10-09-2004, 11:15 AM
L.G.D.
Lead Guitarist Disease

Any other trends these guys could possibly jump on?

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!!!

Figs
10-09-2004, 11:21 AM
Not far fetched. I would go. He's a prick (who isn't), but I'm still a fan of what he has accomplished.

philouze
10-09-2004, 11:27 AM
Unless Dave's on this album, I won't fuckin buy it...

ZahZoo
10-09-2004, 12:33 PM
Source????

badhorsie
10-09-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by ZahZoo
Source????

ace diamond
10-09-2004, 01:30 PM
eddie and dave really need to get together and straghten everything out.otherwise,eddie knows he is fucked. well fuck eddie if he doesn't have the balls to bury the hatchet and put dave back in the band. dave belongs at the helm of van halen,because without him,they never would have made it in the first place. let's start hassling eddie until he gives in and dave get's back to where he belongs,being the singer and frontman for the mighty van halen,because they are fucking wimpy with out dave.

stilleddiesangel
10-09-2004, 01:52 PM
Now this I'd really like to hear. But as b4, whats the source of this info?

tjvhou812
10-09-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Figs
Not far fetched. I would go. He's a prick (who isn't), but I'm still a fan of what he has accomplished.

i agree 100%

metalonmetal
10-09-2004, 02:18 PM
this actually isn't a new idea for eddie. after roth left in 85 van halen was considering this idea with phil collins, patty smith from scandal and other horrible vocalists doing a song or 2 each and calling it a van halen cd. the people at warner brothers actually pressured them to change the name of the band even though two members had the last name van halen because most people associated van halen with david lee roth not the other guys in the bnd. strange but true fact. too bad this didn't happen because it would have bombed and they would have begged roth to come back. it is kind of funny that eddie is making this public now, with the hagar reunion and shit going on. just proves this was a one time deal to try to make money. how sad and pathetic. you almost feel sorry for drunken loser.

bueno bob
10-09-2004, 03:51 PM
A) Get us a link;

and

B) It's going to be a fucking failure - Van Halen 3 was, in almost every sense of the word, the Eddie Van Halen solo album and it tanked because nobody's interested in Eddie as a solo artist. If Ed and Al are on it, it's still going to be a "Van Halen" album to the world...if there's any truth to this, it's because Ed wants different lead singers other than Hagar and/or Roth and really DOES want Mike gone, period.

They fucked up any possibility of it NOT being a Van Halen album back in 1986 when Alice convinced them all NOT to change the name of the band once Hagar settled in.

It won't be taken on it's own merit for it's own weight. David Lee Roth's shadow will still hang over this project, and Ed and Al will feel it's weight.

I can't wait until it bombs...and how funny it is that, just a couple months back, I was reading an interview with Mike where he was just gushing and almost orgasmic about the "Final Chapter of Van Halen" being written after this summer tour in the studio with Sammy Hagar....

Fat fuckin chance, Mike!!

Dave or the Grave, BITCH!

:D

BARE BONE
10-09-2004, 05:50 PM
Wayne L. is full of shit. He started a thread also in the house of music saying stephen pearcy is going to take over vocals in Aerosmith.:heyfu:

ThrillsNSpills
10-09-2004, 05:54 PM
He's angry from not getting any toe.

Big Train
10-09-2004, 06:39 PM
I am of the mind that he SHOULD go out there and do it. If anything, it bolsters our arguments. He needs to get it out of his system.

He needs to go out and have modest success on his own name. I'm sure he is thinking that the only reason the records aren't selling is Sammy and Mike (notice he doesn't want to play with different drummers). So be it. Have an incredibly failed run. Clive Davis can't save this "supernatural" type record. It would be a huge failure as well, which will again tell him one thing...

All roads lead through diamond city.

rustoffa
10-10-2004, 02:49 AM
What if it was like a "probot" type thing, except he uses all the Hillarys, Avrils. and Jessicas?

Fuck, I'd listen to that.

Bill Lumbergh
10-10-2004, 02:51 AM
He'll try to get Dave as "special guest" on a couple of tracks, just to pump up sales(ED AND DAVE TOGETHER AGAIN).

FORD
10-10-2004, 02:57 AM
Wayne sniffed the wrong foot and got Athlete's foot of the nose. From there it spread to his brain.

Panamark
10-10-2004, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
He's angry from not getting any toe.

thats fookin funny ! :)

Igosplut
10-10-2004, 07:32 AM
19+ hours, He's on now, and no link, Waynes a lying attention whore....

Panamark
10-10-2004, 07:47 AM
Maybe he's getting some good foot and forgot that he was logged on ?

ThrillsNSpills
10-10-2004, 07:57 AM
Do you think the webmasters can permanently change Wayne's ranking to Foot Soldier?? Seems appropriate.

Panamark
10-10-2004, 08:06 AM
Can you imagine Waynes room at his parents house?, walls plastered
with photos of Fergie the Duchess of York and her Toe sucking
paparazzi pics..

YIKES !

Big Troubles
10-10-2004, 08:08 AM
I can picture Ed doing a solo tour. Its not unimaginable, but I too would like to see the source of this story. There are way too many bullshitters on this site, and Wayne buddy, the last two or three threads you started are making you look like one. So shit or get off the pot fucker. :D

Panamark
10-10-2004, 08:13 AM
Mr Hanky !

Big Troubles
10-10-2004, 08:14 AM
:D That guy was in a rush.

Panamark
10-10-2004, 08:30 AM
Couldnt even sit straight..

Big Troubles
10-10-2004, 08:31 AM
The public washroom had Dreams playing on the radio and he wanted to make it a quick dump and run. :D

ThrillsNSpills
10-10-2004, 08:35 AM
Some folks make albums.
Some build bridges.

Some folks make a turd on the seat and take a picture.

Talk about the one that got away.

Panamark
10-10-2004, 08:47 AM
I bet the next guy to visit that cubilcle felt like a Van Hagar fan
after purchasing five star tickets !

Don Corleone
10-10-2004, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Wayne L.
expect from Eddie with different vocalists on different tracks kind of similiar to Supernatural from another legendary guitarist Carlos Santana.

Eddie's original plan from 1985 after Dave quit was to do just this. It would have been a sucess then, but it will tank now.

Also as a point of interest Steve Vai has been trying to get Ed onto the G3 tour!!!!! The way Ed's playing as of late that would be erm lets just say interesting.

Panamark
10-10-2004, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Don Corleone
Eddie's original plan from 1985 after Dave quit was to do just this. It would have been a sucess then, but it will tank now.

Also as a point of interest Steve Vai has been trying to get Ed onto the G3 tour!!!!! The way Ed's playing as of late that would be erm lets just say interesting.

No shit ! those G3 gigs are always so well organized and have
great performances. Can you imagine Ed laying on his back
and then every third night, "maybe" being able to play
bits and pices of something ??

VAI and Satch will murder him..

scottydabodi
10-10-2004, 12:20 PM
Eddie doin' solo material? Who fuckin' cares? This thread is fucking stupid.

Bill Lumbergh
10-10-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by scottydabodi
Eddie doin' solo material? Who fuckin' cares? This thread is fucking stupid.

I concur.

light 'em up!
10-11-2004, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Wayne L.
Legendary rock guitarist Eddie Van Halen of the rock group Van Halen will be releasing his first official solo album as well going on his first solo tour in 06 which he has been working on for about 5 years.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn.

ThrillsNSpills
10-11-2004, 08:44 AM
The album's gonna be called "I love long legs and sexy feet on a beautiful woman"

on the Interperv Label

light 'em up!
10-11-2004, 11:48 AM
Hey good looking! Uh... mind if I stir your drink with my stinky fingers?

CROWBAR
10-11-2004, 03:39 PM
Hey foot fucker wayne L., post a source. Toe jam:heyfu:

bueno bob
10-11-2004, 03:43 PM
Ed's done, and it won't sell to anyone other than the Ed diehards...which are really the only people who bought Van Halen 3, so you do the math on your own.

Matt White
10-12-2004, 12:21 AM
EVH: Ready to PASS OUT at a moments notice.

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!

Golden AWe
10-12-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
EVH: Ready to PASS OUT at a moments notice.

i must ask you this...

why the hell do you keep posting the same posts over and over again?

Matt White
10-12-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Golden AWe
i must ask you this...

why the hell do you keep posting the same posts over and over again?

Ironic, huh?

Golden AWe
10-12-2004, 02:23 PM
Ironic, huh?

are you suicidal?

you mention the word "grave" very often

Matt White
10-12-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Golden AWe
are you suicidal?

you mention the word "grave" very often

Home is where the heart is.

Golden AWe
10-12-2004, 02:27 PM
Home is where the heart is.

wow. a post without mentiong "the grave" or the word "sheep"

impressive

work on that

McCarrens
10-12-2004, 03:11 PM
This this post true? Where are the sources? we all know this is what Dave's bene planning for years now, but is actually happening.

I can see it now:

Mike and Sammy fucking each other in a booth at the Cabo Wabo Cantina after getting drunk off mas tequila.

Ed and Alex wishing thye were in the grave after no one goes to see their shows.

And above it all, Diamond David Lee Roth, the greatest frontman in rock and roll history, sits, drinking Jack, chasing tail and laughing at those pathetic men who he used to be in a band with.

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Golden AWe
10-12-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by McCarrens
This this post true? Where are the sources? we all know this is what Dave's bene planning for years now, but is actually happening.

I can see it now:

Mike and Sammy fucking each other in a booth at the Cabo Wabo Cantina after getting drunk off mas tequila.

Ed and Alex wishing thye were in the grave after no one goes to see their shows.

And above it all, Diamond David Lee Roth, the greatest frontman in rock and roll history, sits, drinking Jack, chasing tail and laughing at those pathetic men who he used to be in a band with.

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

oh fuck not another one...