PDA

View Full Version : What's the best slam on Sammy you've heard Dave say?

Nitro Express
10-10-2004, 03:27 AM
At the end of the Sam/Dave tour ol Sammy Hagar was slamming Dave like how Heat Miser slams Mr. Freeze.

Around this time David Lee Roth was on the Howard Stern program and of course Howard is going to focus on Sammy's Dave bashing and try and get Roth's oppinion of it.

Dave was cool. He didn't lose his cool or stoop to Sammy's immature level. He said something to the effect of; " Howard, my mom used to say you are as big as what irritates you. Sammy Hagar would have to be a lot bigger than he is to irritate me."

The Dave made this comment: "Sammy Hagar aways talks about how he loves Mexico and the Mexican culture, but he doesn't speak hardly a word of Spanish." Dave then starts ripping Spanish like some DJ from Ensenada. It was great!

It made Sam and his whole Cabo Wabo enterprise look so stupid.

Panamark
10-10-2004, 05:50 AM
I liked the comment during the Dave/Spam tour where he said, Sam
was bashing on the tour bus windows, his Dick in one hand and a
bottle of Tequila in the other :D

Nigel
10-10-2004, 01:06 PM
Also on that broadcast Dave slyly mentions that Sam committed "lyrical heresy" during his tenure with Van halen.

Maybe not a "rip-snortin" comment , but basically true. Dave actually has a read a great deal since The Cat in the Hat.

Terry
10-10-2004, 09:56 PM
"I always wondered what Panama would sound like sung by a girl"

DLR 1986

"Sam's my bitch. Whenever he mentions my name, [the classic Vh lineup] sells that many more records"

DLR 1994

interceptor
10-10-2004, 11:54 PM
I liked his comment recently on VH 1 about this summer's VH tour, where he said that Van Halen with Hagar was like "a really hot chick with bad teeth."

bueno bob
10-11-2004, 02:28 AM
"Sam's my bitch. Whenever he mentions my name, [the classic Vh lineup] sells that many more records" gets my vote. I think that pretty well summarizes the whole situation, personally.

The funny thing is, had Van Halen actually went forward with as much energy in their recording output as they did with bashing Roth and criminally trying to write him off of the map and sweep his history under the rug, Van Hagar might have had a much better run than they did...as far as the sheep are concerned, anyway.

The Diamondheads wouldn't have been fooled either way.

CROWBAR
10-11-2004, 04:02 PM
There's Sam again, bottle of tequila in one hand and his dick in the other, bangin' on the windshield! Classic Dave! :D

or, Sam's upset with me because he knows I'm better than him! EEAS tour. :baaa:

Matt White
10-12-2004, 11:11 AM
My current favorite? "Sometimes I feel like I'm holding Sam by his head and he's swinging at me, but his arms don't reach. And I'm eating a sandwhich."

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

Golden AWe
10-12-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
My current favorite? "Sometimes I feel like I'm holding Sam by his head and he's swinging at me, but his arms don't reach. And I'm eating a sandwhich."

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

why do you keep repeating the same shit over and over again?

Matt White
10-12-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Golden AWe
why do you keep repeating the same shit over and over again?

Patron Saint of irony

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!

Golden AWe
10-12-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
Patron Saint of irony

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!

you sure spam a lot

Coyote
10-12-2004, 03:53 PM
So should Matt be dubbed as "Sir Matt of Spam-a-lot"?

Golden AWe
10-12-2004, 03:57 PM
i'd say he's the
"sir spam-a-lot-but-not-nearly-as-much-as-katydid-plus-he's-getting-better-i-hope"