PDA

View Full Version : Is Alex using Eddie?

Nitro Express
10-11-2004, 03:52 AM
After reading that crazy story about a Eddie Van Halen behavior on that plane I couldn't help but think they guy is a tottal loose cannon these days. What I see is an addicted, frail, live in the moment individual, who because of his behavior has chased not only his wife away but probably some friends as well.

What's left is Alex.

It's obviouse Eddie doesn't give a fuck about anything anymore and is stumbling into resturants drunk and sticking his fingers in people's water glasses and shit. He fluxuates between being a happy as hell individual to a miserable "I don't want to be here" individual.

Eddie continues to live in his crazy world, while Alex is the one doing interviews and calls the shots to the rest of the band. Sammy Hagar isn't the band leader, Alex clearly is because Sammy cannot do inteviews without Alex present.

Eddie is off in la la land rolling his shit into little balls and painting guitars, while Alex is talking to the press.

The probable truth of all of this is Alex wanted to make some money and either took advantage of Sammy Hagar or Sammy wanted to shoe his way back into the band and was smart enough to know Alex was the one to contact first.

I think since Vallerie split, Alex has replaced her. You can't tell me Alex is who Eddie crys to now. Alex realizing he now has emotional control of his frail, drunken brother, is now using Eddie's fame to grab some quick money.

I think Eddie Van Halen is a truley fucked individual. His mind is going, his life has collapsed, he's embracing his vices more than ever and trying to inhale women and booze as fast as he can. In a way, Eddie is going,"I'm Eddie fucking Van Halen!" He's feeling up flight attendants, drinking constantly, treating total strangers like they are best friends. He's acting like some drunk fool that wants to buy the whole bar a drink.

Meanwhile Alex is nowhere to be found, but he's doing all the press and interviews with Sammy. Eddie is wondering the world like a homeless prick.

Tell me who's really in control. It clearly isn't Eddie, It ain't Mike, Sammy would like to think he is but his contract makes it clear, Mr. Alex Van Halen now has the Van Halen franchise by the balls. He's going to milk his more famouse brother for as much as he can get out of him because Alex knows, if Eddie dies, or is too burnt to play, Alex has no income.

I think the asshole is using his own brother to make a buck.

Bill Lumbergh
10-11-2004, 03:56 AM
Believe me, a part of Alexis loves that Ed is only barely conscious most of the time. He gets to be in charge, call all the shots etc. "So Ed's killing himself? No big deal, we got a guarantee on this tour Everything's great, were all the best of friends bla bla bla".........This guy has EARNED the Cunt title, trust me on that.

bueno bob
10-11-2004, 04:02 AM
Well, you're pretty much on the ball, Nitro. Alex has emerged as the defacto ruler of all things Van Halen these days...as you mentioned, Hagar is incapable of doing an interview or any press without Alex present...shit, Alex was the one doing all the talking even when it leaked that he had a romantic candlelit lunch with Hagar.

He's in the position because Ed is consistantly falling-down piss his pants drunk and unable to do it.

Ed's a wild card at this point, and he's a liability. Alex knows it. Does he care? On some level, probably, but at this point in the game I think Alex is more interested in running the name Van Halen into the dirt and scooping the ever-increasing water out of the raft with his hands.

Sinking ship here.

Better save the women and children first? Alex fits in perfectly on both accounts. If Alex had any decency, he'd stop this sham of a tour and get Ed some seriously needed professional help.

wraytw
10-11-2004, 04:04 AM
Is Alex using Eddie?

Is Sammy Hagar a Packers fan?

badhorsie
10-11-2004, 04:05 AM
I think this guy hit the nail on the head.

lms2
10-11-2004, 04:09 AM
Or it could be that the family has tried getting Eddie help for years and it has all failed. One must first be willing to help themselves, etc.

Maybe Alex is doing this hoping to restore a semblance of what used to be for his beloved brother one last time..., and to give his little nephew a glimpse, barely a glimmer, of what used to be before his dad finally gives it up for good.

bueno bob
10-11-2004, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by lms2
Or it could be that the family has tried getting Eddie help for years and it has all failed. One must first be willing to help themselves, etc.

Maybe Alex is doing this hoping to restore a semblance of what used to be for his beloved brother one last time..., and to give his little nephew a glimpse, barely a glimmer, of what used to be before his dad finally gives it up for good.

Excellent point, but I still question the logic of having Ed out on the road. Touring, to be specific. The drugs, the booze, all the nasty shit...all free backstage, anytime and all the time.

Perhaps I could sympathize with Alex from that standpoint, but is that end really worth the road that has to be travelled to attain it?

Tough question.

Roth & Roll
10-11-2004, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
If Alex had any decency, he'd stop this sham of a tour and get Ed some seriously needed professional help.

You would think so, but a sober Eddie would be a threat to Al's dominance over the band at this point.

It's pretty clear that Eddie was forced into this sham tour with Sam by Alex, and like a little kid, he's rebelling.

Bill Lumbergh
10-11-2004, 04:19 AM

I doubt that. Alex doesnt seem like the warm and fuzzy type........I'm sure he love's his brother, but he's doing this for the money plain and simple. I think he could care less about Ed's playing, or he wouldnt let him stumble out on stage playing subpar like he is now. Or something :D .

lms2
10-11-2004, 04:19 AM
True, it is a tough question, but look at the photos of Ed on the plane. He's happy. The whole restaurant thing... he was having a good time. If I had a terminal illness, I would want to spend my last days doing what I loved, even if it meant instead of having oney ear of careful "guarded" living, I would only have 6 months of "free" living.

As for the Van Halen name... When Dave fronted that band... it meant something. When Hagar took over, Dave's memory kept that band's name in the spotlight for a while. Now... who really gives a shit about the name Van Halen, besides, Ed, AL, Mike and Spam?

stilleddiesangel
10-11-2004, 06:33 AM
True, it is a tough question, but look at the photos of Ed on the plane. He's happy. The whole restaurant thing... he was having a good time. If I had a terminal illness, I would want to spend my last days doing what I loved, even if it meant instead of having oney ear of careful "guarded" living, I would only have 6 months of "free" living.

It pains me to say it but you could be right. Could be that Ed
simply has nothing to lose anymore.

light 'em up!
10-11-2004, 08:35 AM
Is Alex using Eddie? who cares...

ZahZoo
10-11-2004, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Roth & Roll
You would think so, but a sober Eddie would be a threat to Al's dominance over the band at this point.

It's pretty clear that Eddie was forced into this sham tour with Sam by Alex, and like a little kid, he's rebelling.

There's been a misconception for most of the VH band's existance that few realize or recognize. Alex has always been in the driver's seat from day one... He's the older brother. He along with Dave handled a lot of the "calling the shots" but instead of being upfront in the spotlight he quietly did so from behind a massive drum kit.

People always assume it's "Eddie's Band" and therefore Ed called the shots... Ed had a hand but Ed was one of the major talent forces with the band and was cast into the spot light, the interviews... the whole show he and the singer were in the spotlight so everyone assumed he was the leader... not so. Ed and Alex are a close team but Alex held more sway while little brother Edward noodled away, wrote the music and remained one of the creative forces in the band.

I don't believe Edward was forced into anything with the current tour and such. I think Ed has had a "rebirth" after his ordeal with III, cancer, divorce, etc... From the interviews it's clear that things came close to losing Ed for a time frame... He's emerged from this and gotten back out on the stage with a guitar, which is his life and it appears to me he's celebrating being back out in the zone... I believe they doing what they enjoy which is performing and making music. It's shame it's not w/ Dave but the cards fell as they did so on goes the show...

YEAHIMROTH!
10-11-2004, 08:56 AM
exactly who cares...do use humans even talk about the van halen music? is this what its not about? stop tryin to personalise as if u actually no them , because face facts you dont , u dont kno anythin about them. makin up stories , thats what it is stories and tellin urselves its true honestly sadacts.

YEAHIMROTH!
10-11-2004, 09:04 AM
It's funny how u never see any negative behaviour of DLR's be posted on this website, Wonder why eh?.. You all need to sort ur lives out stop personalising stuff it's all about the music, NONE of us know Eddie or any of the guys so all we can do is speculate. and make up rumours, lies & B.S, Your the type of guys who would raid through EVH's Garbage for negative info on his personal life so u could post it here and have all ur leet sheep follow u by saying comments like

" yeah true ! "
"totally!"
" hit the nail on the head !"

All a bunch of sad wanks.
When u guys have actual Facts about EVH then post it, instead of making up bullshit and calling it a "rumour

light 'em up!
10-11-2004, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by YEAHIMROTH!
All a bunch of sad wanks

Him she me know where not way... and that's basically all i gotta say!

rustoffa
10-11-2004, 09:16 AM
It's funny how u never see any negative behaviour of DLR's be posted on this website, Wonder why eh?.. You all need to sort ur lives out stop personalising stuff it's all about the music, NONE of us know Eddie or any of the guys so all we can do is speculate. and make up rumours, lies & B.S, Your the type of guys who would raid through EVH's Garbage for negative info on his personal life so u could post it here and have all ur leet sheep follow u by saying comments like

" yeah true ! "
"totally!"
" hit the nail on the head !"

All a bunch of sad wanks.
When u guys have actual Facts about EVH then post it, instead of making up bullshit and calling it a "rumour

You see it all the time.....that's why this is THE ARMY and not the links. You can post all the Dave negativity you want, as long you can back it up.....no deleted threads, no banning.....just back your shit up, and do it without posting pictures of squirting dicks. It must be the reason people spend so much time "over here".

We have a bit of fun at Ed's expense and for good reason. He and his brother have lied to and disrespected the very fans that put them where they are today.

I doubt if anyone here would sort through any garbage, other than the type I'm going through now.

Maybe he should think about the repercussions of making a fool of himself before the lid comes off the bottle?

Ed is my favorite guitar player of all time. I'd like nothing more than to see the bad press go away, until it does he's asking for it.

YEAHIMROTH!
10-11-2004, 09:30 AM
yer aw a bunch a fannies

YEAHIMROTH!
10-11-2004, 09:31 AM
ive met the cunt he was lookin fur a bag a smack doon govan hill mate fuck shake
i slapped him about an sold him to a gay dealer

Matt White
10-11-2004, 10:27 AM
ive met the cunt he was lookin fur a bag a smack doon govan hill mate fuck shake

Who let this Van Hagar serf in the door?!? His animosity towards DAVE is masked only by his troglodyte spelling skills. Banal post, supercilious conversations, and an idolatry for Van Hagar. A truly ghastly experience noticing that he has posted again. Asinine.

DAVE OR THE GRAVE SHEEP MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

bueno bob
10-11-2004, 10:29 AM

OK, dickhead, let's see what "facts" about Van Halen and/or Roth you've got to offer, hmm? Where's your "truth", oh fan of the band and man in the know?

You're getting on my shit list in a real big way real quickly, bud.

Not the way you want to go.

Not that I care. You'll probably be leaving by the time I get done typing this, anyway.

Fair warning, won't give you twice to think about it.

RogueHorseman
10-11-2004, 11:01 AM
im the cunt he was lookin fur a fag to any doon govan hill mate to fuck n shake i suckked him about an hour him and a gay dealer

you don't say?

bueno bob
10-11-2004, 11:26 AM
im a drippy cunt lookin fur a a nutsack bag a smack doon govan hill mate i wanna assfuck i like to choke on dick milkshake
i slapped mah ass about an sold my dick to a gay hermaphodite

You'll fit in nicely with the other sheep, fag boy.

Vanstonica
10-11-2004, 04:21 PM
What's wrong with getting drunk and feeling up flight attendants?

bueno bob
10-11-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Vanstonica

At least it was a female flight attendant...I'm sure Scubaa's thinking about a career as a flight attendant right about now...

frenchie
10-11-2004, 05:20 PM
roger waters is mad,and don't talk to anybody for more than ten years livin' in his own world.
brian wilson is totally mad,and is the same for syd barett.
all these guys were so good artist. maybe is the same with eddie?
too good, too soon, too fast, and burned at 50 years old...........

bueno bob
10-11-2004, 05:49 PM
Brightest flames burn the quickest, french...sad but true...

lms2
10-11-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by RogueHorseman
you don't say?

LMAO. Unforturnately he did say... he just shouldn't have.

bueno bob
10-11-2004, 05:55 PM
LMAO. Unforturnately he did say... he just shouldn't have.

Now what EXACTLY he said still remains to be determined...:confused:

stilleddiesangel
10-11-2004, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Vanstonica
Always wanted to do that job.....:D

Matt White
10-12-2004, 12:12 AM
"Is Alex using Eddie?"

Yeah, as an ASHTRAY.

FUCK YOU Van Hagar SHEEP!!!!

DLRdelight!
10-12-2004, 01:17 AM
Very good point man, never really thought it that way

Terry
10-13-2004, 05:31 PM
Don't think it's a case of Alex using Eddie. Just has to do with the familial and musical bond they've had for so long.

Could you even picture one of them doing something on a grand scale without the other (not talking some Starfleet Project knockoff or a guest performance on someone else's album, a la Beat It)? They might as well be conjoined Dutch twins in terms of their career linkage.

Think Ed has been out of sorts for a while (for mostly self-induced reasons), and Alex has stepped up to the plate to run interference/cover for his brother because basically Eddie wasn't able to do it for himself.

Their shared outlook on the reality of the band, however, is obviously fucked up.

kcmusician
10-15-2004, 04:17 AM
I think Alex is using Eddie for the cash.... Eddie needs to get clean, and the get his head on straight..... I really hope Eddie can pull though.

Shaun