PDA

View Full Version : If Van Hagar is done,Why r new dates added!!

Wolverine
10-12-2004, 12:48 AM
listen i hate van hagar too.but don't get my hopes up high and say van hagar is done and then still the van homos are adding new tour dates til 2005!!
what really gives??

wraytw
10-12-2004, 12:55 AM
Alice Van Halen's dog died.

Rikk
10-12-2004, 01:14 AM
Yeah, they announced a Hamilton show here for November. I hope it bombs.

They're finished. Everyone knows this makes ther VH III era look successful.

Matt White
10-12-2004, 12:12 PM
Van Hagar?!? Aren't they playing the Singapore Hilton lounge with Roxette?!?!?

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!

guwapo_rocker
10-12-2004, 12:18 PM
They are under contract for this tour.

They ARE done after it is completed.

Matt White
10-12-2004, 12:25 PM
EVH needs more Beer & Smokes money.

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!!

Golden AWe
10-12-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
EVH needs more Beer & Smokes money.

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!!

and why the hell do you keep posting the same posts over and over again?

Matt White
10-12-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Golden AWe
and why the hell do you keep posting the same posts over and over again?

High Chief of irony

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MOTHERFUCKERS!!

rustoffa
10-12-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by The Godfather
the van homos are adding new tour dates til 2005!!
what really gives??

They're raisins, not the dancing kind?

Wolverine
10-12-2004, 08:32 PM
Driving into work this morning Rita Wylde was doing her daily "rock report" She announced that if the current VH tour "contiues to be sucsessful" that there will be a new album and tour next year.Did anyone else catch this?

this is what i keep hearing...these fuckers are not done..............is it wishful thinking that r done on our part!!

RogueHorseman
10-12-2004, 08:59 PM
Driving into work this morning Rita Wylde was doing her daily "rock report" She announced that if the current VH tour "contiues to be sucsessful" that there will be a new album and tour next year.Did anyone else catch this?

this is what i keep hearing...these fuckers are not done..............is it wishful thinking that r done on our part!!

Oh, come on. Rita has little to no credibility. Never did. If she said Dave was coming back I would not put any stock in that either.

The people I know within CC and WB (who admittedly are not the biggest of movers and shakers but do have stroke and are privy) would say she is full of sh*t.

I'll tell you one thing. Warner is not going to touch this line-up again, period. You can put that in the bank.

Sold for Little Rock was under 4,000... successful? Atlanta, just barely over 6k for the 10th largest market in the nation. Cancelled shows all over the SE... The tour is considered an utter failure and write off inside the walls of Clear Channel. You think they are going to throw good money after bad like this again? Get real.

Sam and Ed never mended any fences, either. The "tension" stories are true if you believe the roadies. Same with Ed drinking to extreme excess daily.

These guys can't wait to end the contractual lie and would have a good while back if it were an easy thing to get out of. The added dates are in markets where CCC hopes to draw decently enough to salvage something. Hope against hope, really. They forced the dates. It is not the extension of a successful tour by any stretch of the imagination.

Facts of the matter, like 'em or not.

mewisemagic
10-12-2004, 09:11 PM
just curious,and not backing the band..it was reported here in dallas that aac was at near capacity(around 20,000 plus)how many tickets were actually sold,any info on that would be appreciated..

RogueHorseman
10-12-2004, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by mewisemagic
just curious,and not backing the band..it was reported here in dallas that aac was at near capacity(around 20,000 plus)how many tickets were actually sold,any info on that would be appreciated..

Back them all you want, they may have drawn ok in Dallas, but if it is a newspaper figure it was likely "worked" upwards by several thousand... then substract another 2,000 comps and the bottom line starts to become more clear.

If they drew anywhere close to that, even given the above, that is a major exception to the rule for this tour.

mewisemagic
10-12-2004, 09:30 PM
well maybe you didnt understand?i said i WASNT backing the band.aac had a full fucking house(understand(FULL))..my question was..how many tickets were truley sold and not compd..20,000 aint no small figure,and if the show sucked or not is not an issue,,how many tickets were sold(i think what im implying here sucks,but im a realist)it makes no sense to me that the people of dallas would flock in droves to see this show,but could not sell more than 3000 tickets for roth(at a great venue like nextstage,which i had 2nd row seats for btw)im just trying to make some sense of all this b.s

RogueHorseman
10-12-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by mewisemagic
well maybe you didnt understand?i said i WASNT backing the band.aac had a full fucking house(understand(FULL))..my question was..how many tickets were truley sold and not compd..20,000 aint no small figure,and if the show sucked or not is not an issue,,how many tickets were sold(i think what im implying here sucks,but im a realist)it makes no sense to me that the people of dallas would flock in droves to see this show,but could not sell more than 3000 tickets for roth(at a great venue like nextstage,which i had 2nd row seats for btw)im just trying to make some sense of all this b.s

I understood you perfectly, and answered accordingly.

I do not know the actual paid figures for Dallas, but you can allow for 2,000 comps for any given night.

Again, if they sold, say upwards of 15,000 in Dallas it is a major, major exception for this tour which has bombed by and large nationwide.

You say it was full? Were you there, or are you going by someone else saying so? How was the arena set up? Perhaps, it was set up 1/2 house or something. Any tarps up top?

:)

JCOOK
10-12-2004, 10:53 PM
Ed doent' have dental insurance and he needs money for guitar lessons.

bueno bob
10-13-2004, 01:36 PM
CCC (Clear Channel Communications) took a shot in the dark with this tour...essentially, they figured that Van Halen would make for a good comeback reunion tour, so they guaranteed Van Halen Inc. X amount of dollars per show, regardless of what the said show's turnout happened to be (they believed they would average, if I remember correctly, between 15,000-20,000 people).

As it stands, Van Halen has pulled in a rough average of somewhere between 7,000-11,500 or somewhere in that vicinity nightly (numbers aren't final yet, so I don't know for certain, and nobody will until the tours over).

CCC basically overextended themselves in paying for Van Halen's bills. In a nutshell, they guaranteed Van Halen and have spent more in promotion, advertisements, give-aways, etc, than what they expected to gross in profit.

Essentially, they spent five cents on a piece of candy, expecting to sell it to their friend for ten cents, but their friend only gave them 3 cents.

Now, basically it's an effort of plugging away with money at the slot machine hoping that three 7's are going to come up before the money's out. Essentially, that's all it is...hope that positive reviews are going to come back and influence the people who are fence sitting about the upcoming Van Halen concert to go see them.

CCC will lose money on this, that much is for certain, and they know it. It's just a question of how much money they'll be out at this point.

By all indications, however, CCC isn't happy, WB doesn't want anything to do with Van Halen at all unless something major happens (i.e. Roth comes back), and Ed and Sam are NOT getting along at all. This being the case, the band is simply out getting what it can get (wisely enough, I suppose) and CCC's wishing on every shooting star that it's all going to come out in the wash.

But, since nobody in Van Halen can decide from one day to the next whether or not they're recording, whether or not Hagar's going out with Ted Nugent this winter, whether or not anything's permanent, well, I'd suspect you'll see Sammy back with his Waborita buttbuddies anytime now...

DavidLeeNatra
10-13-2004, 01:53 PM
btw... where is mr gslinger???

TongueNGroove
10-13-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
CCC (Clear Channel Communications) took a shot in the dark with this tour...essentially, they figured that Van Halen would make for a good comeback reunion tour, so they guaranteed Van Halen Inc. X amount of dollars per show, regardless of what the said show's turnout happened to be (they believed they would average, if I remember correctly, between 15,000-20,000 people).

As it stands, Van Halen has pulled in a rough average of somewhere between 7,000-11,500 or somewhere in that vicinity nightly (numbers aren't final yet, so I don't know for certain, and nobody will until the tours over).

CCC basically overextended themselves in paying for Van Halen's bills. In a nutshell, they guaranteed Van Halen and have spent more in promotion, advertisements, give-aways, etc, than what they expected to gross in profit.

Essentially, they spent five cents on a piece of candy, expecting to sell it to their friend for ten cents, but their friend only gave them 3 cents.

Now, basically it's an effort of plugging away with money at the slot machine hoping that three 7's are going to come up before the money's out. Essentially, that's all it is...hope that positive reviews are going to come back and influence the people who are fence sitting about the upcoming Van Halen concert to go see them.

CCC will lose money on this, that much is for certain, and they know it. It's just a question of how much money they'll be out at this point.

By all indications, however, CCC isn't happy, WB doesn't want anything to do with Van Halen at all unless something major happens (i.e. Roth comes back), and Ed and Sam are NOT getting along at all. This being the case, the band is simply out getting what it can get (wisely enough, I suppose) and CCC's wishing on every shooting star that it's all going to come out in the wash.

But, since nobody in Van Halen can decide from one day to the next whether or not they're recording, whether or not Hagar's going out with Ted Nugent this winter, whether or not anything's permanent, well, I'd suspect you'll see Sammy back with his Waborita buttbuddies anytime now...

Ok, and where is your evidence that CC is losing money? Exactly, you are just making up shit.

bueno bob
10-13-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by TongueNGroove
Ok, and where is your evidence that CC is losing money? Exactly, you are just making up shit.

No evidence, sadly. Just the word from my cousin (who is actually pro Hagar, btw), who happens to work for CCC. He's not in any position to make decisions about the company, but he's high enough that he's in a position to listen to people talk, and talk people do.

He's actually pretty bummed out about it, since he's a Hagar fan. I, of course, am ecstatic!

Give it a few months. You won't hear anything directly out of CCC, in essence, "this tour was a failure", but the finalized numbers won't be pretty. My cousin's job would be on the line to drop anything outside of the company that would be specific, but the summarization will be mostly apparent.

I don't know where you get that I'm "making up shit". I haven't said anything at all that hasn't been reported in other outlets.

Splooge
10-13-2004, 03:42 PM

Fak you're stoooopid!!!!

http://www.rickandrak.com/dumb.jpg

bueno bob
10-13-2004, 03:44 PM
This'll make him feel better:

bueno bob
10-13-2004, 03:45 PM
TNG hard at work thinking:

RogueHorseman
10-13-2004, 04:00 PM

He isn't making anything up, Patrick.

I have similar CC radio sources from my 17 years in the biz and a friend fairly high up in the WB pecking order.

It is just the facts, man. Accept it or not, I really could not care less, but you will see it play out/wrap just as we've said.

Well, IF you take those damn rose colored glasses off, anyway.

bueno bob
10-13-2004, 04:04 PM
Actually, I think they're "red" colored glasses... :rolleyes:

Antman
10-13-2004, 09:59 PM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

That's why.

TwoFoolsAMinute
10-13-2004, 11:37 PM
Tickets have been on sale for 2 weeks in Ames Iowa, and there's seats still available on the 10th row. And on ticketmaster they are now having aucitons for VH where you can bid on ticket prices.

kcmusician
10-14-2004, 03:39 AM

I've heard the same thing.... I think they will be around for atleast another album and a tour.... After that, who knows? But it's premature to say they are done when it's obvious that they aren't.

Shaun

ZahZoo
10-14-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
btw... where is mr gslinger???

gslinger, gigolo, JustaHo, etc... were all the same person and got run outta here for being jackasses.

Hecubus
10-19-2004, 12:39 AM
Contractual committments...

bueno bob
10-19-2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by TwoFoolsAMinute
Tickets have been on sale for 2 weeks in Ames Iowa, and there's seats still available on the 10th row. And on ticketmaster they are now having aucitons for VH where you can bid on ticket prices.

That's to the point of being really gay.

Hopefully, with Hagar's outburst, we won't have to worry about Van Hagar's continued presence in the world much longer, I say... :D

tjvhou812
10-19-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
Yeah, they announced a Hamilton show here for November. I hope it bombs.

They're finished. Everyone knows this makes ther VH III era look successful.

did you get your tix yet

now get back in the pen

you fuckin red head

Matt White
10-19-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by tjvhou812
did you get your tix yet

now get back in the pen

you fuckin red head

Easy, lad. We'll lead you back home. A nice spot of Earl Grey will calm 'yer nerves.

Kristy
10-19-2004, 03:17 PM
"There is always some sheep out there somewhere with money..."
-Alex & Eddie Van Halen

You know, I don't know what's worse: riding the wave of success or riding the nostalgia wave of what you think is success.

Blacklisted
10-19-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Kristy
"There is always some sheep out there somewhere with money..."
-Alex & Eddie Van Halen

You know, I don't know what's worse: riding the wave of success or riding the nostalgia wave of what you think is success.

Either way its just sad.

Splooge
10-19-2004, 05:44 PM
Fak....

Rikk
10-19-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Splooge
Fak....

Hamster joke's getting kind of old, no?

Nickdfresh
10-20-2004, 03:42 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bueno bob
[B]CCC (Clear Channel Communications) took a shot in the dark with this tour...essentially, they figured that Van Halen would make for a good comeback reunion tour...As it stands, Van Halen has pulled in a rough average of somewhere between 7,000-11,500 or somewhere in that vicinity nightly (numbers aren't final yet, so I don't know for certain, and nobody will until the tours over)...CCC basically overextended themselves in paying for Van Halen's bills. In a nutshell, they guaranteed Van Halen and have spent more in promotion, advertisements, give-aways, etc, than what they expected to gross in profit...CCC isn't happy, WB doesn't want anything to do with Van Halen at all unless something major happens (i.e. Roth comes back), and Ed and Sam are NOT getting along at all.

Great! Fuck Clear Channel--those FCC penis sucking douchebags. I hope they take a big bath on this tour and Sammy runs from those drunks, so maybe, just maybe we'll have a distant shot at a real VH reunion.

Also, thanks for the info clarifying VH's tenuious relationship with WB-I was wondering where things stood.

The CCC connection to yanking Howard Stern off their stations is very fascinating. Because Stern said on his show around late springtime that, in an interview, Eddie Van Halen had said several very supportive statements regarding free speech and how Howard was being politically shafted by the FCC. Stern seemed surprised and thankful since he has a history of making fun of the Van Halens (Studdering John once asked Eddie, "since you named your son Wolfgang, if you have a daughter, are you gonna' name her Coyote Van Halen?" Eddie was pissed though I can't remember his response. St. John then asked Eddie, with Sammy sitting next to him at some MTV awards show around 92' or 93', which singer he liked better and Van Halen just turned his question around to which John blurted out "Roth!" and Eddie said, "Well fuck you then!")

bueno bob
10-20-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bueno bob
[B]CCC (Clear Channel Communications) took a shot in the dark with this tour...essentially, they figured that Van Halen would make for a good comeback reunion tour...As it stands, Van Halen has pulled in a rough average of somewhere between 7,000-11,500 or somewhere in that vicinity nightly (numbers aren't final yet, so I don't know for certain, and nobody will until the tours over)...CCC basically overextended themselves in paying for Van Halen's bills. In a nutshell, they guaranteed Van Halen and have spent more in promotion, advertisements, give-aways, etc, than what they expected to gross in profit...CCC isn't happy, WB doesn't want anything to do with Van Halen at all unless something major happens (i.e. Roth comes back), and Ed and Sam are NOT getting along at all.

Great! Fuck Clear Channel--those FCC penis sucking douchebags. I hope they take a big bath on this tour and Sammy runs from those drunks, so maybe, just maybe we'll have a distant shot at a real VH reunion.

Also, thanks for the info clarifying VH's tenuious relationship with WB-I was wondering where things stood.

The CCC connection to yanking Howard Stern off their stations is very fascinating. Because Stern said on his show around late springtime that, in an interview, Eddie Van Halen had said several very supportive statements regarding free speech and how Howard was being politically shafted by the FCC. Stern seemed surprised and thankful since he has a history of making fun of the Van Halens (Studdering John once asked Eddie, "since you named your son Wolfgang, if you have a daughter, are you gonna' name her Coyote Van Halen?" Eddie was pissed though I can't remember his response. St. John then asked Eddie, with Sammy sitting next to him at some MTV awards show around 92' or 93', which singer he liked better and Van Halen just turned his question around to which John blurted out "Roth!" and Eddie said, "Well fuck you then!")

Yes...as it stands, Van Halen has been officially dropped from the Warner Bros. roster. BOBW was originally scheduled for release on the Rhino WB sublabel, but Van Hagar fought tooth and nail to get it onto the straight WB label (as Rhino just puts out various artist compilations, reprints and/or best of sets for old WB acts that were dropped from the roster years back...Dokken, Dio, Alice Cooper, Montrose, Deep Purple, The Doobie Brothers, etc etc...people mostly know that, Van Halen especially knows that, and didn't want to get dumped into the "Has-Been" file along with them...which has basically happened anyway, but that's besides the point...the list of reprints and best of sets by old WEA artists is staggering, to say the least). The only exception in recent memory I can think of for Rhino putting something actually new out would be The Misfits' "Project 1950", but whether or not that had something to do with the whole album being oldies but goodies covers, I don't know...I'm tempted to believe so...moreover, The Misfits also had that on their own label ("Misfit Records", not Danzig's "Plan 9" imprint), so...that's what I know...

I guess WB must have figured they owed Van Halen something to put it out on the official WB imprint; it was rumored that VH was still under contract for another album, but they could have opted out on it by either releasing a live album (which would have had to been either Roth or Cherone era; there hadn't been enough time in between the "Right Here Right Now" material to actually record a 2nd live album of unrepresented material, so a new live album w/ Hagar would have been the same damn tracks in a different order...meaning one of two things had to happen in order to get something in the store to tour and promote:

A) A Roth era live album from days past (which would have led to the same Rhino issue) or a live Cherone era album...now, you consider that they didn't put any of Van Halen 3 onto BOBW, so their mindset at the time was probably to bury the whole Cherone thing and pretend it didn't happen, which would explain why they avoided a live Cherone album...a live album with him would have been confusing to fans, anyway, as the average fan would have been confused as to who was actually singing for Van Halen at that point in time).

or

B) Another best of set with a few throw-away songs thrown in to try and push it - which is the route they took. I believe they thought it would be a good idea to mix up the track listing in a non-chronological order, in order to emphasize that Sammy Hagar fronted Van Halen was just as equal to a David Lee Roth fronted Van Halen...according to most of the reviews that have come back, and most of the fans that have spoken out on it in public forums, though, that idea bombed badly. Of course, this trail winds it's way back to the original dilemma behind BOV1 and how they were going to do that (disc 1 of Roth material and disc 2 of Hagar material, or 2 separate CD releases meaning one with Roth and one with Hagar, or the 3rd route, a really rough once-over of some of the highlights and then to end the album with the two new Roth songs...choosing option #3 was their only viable alternative, because with Roth recording 2 new tracks, the sales of that album would have BURIED the best of Hagar set. Ray Danniels, Alex and Ed all knew that and that's exactly what they wanted to avoid - by doing so, they could continue to pretend that they hadn't wasted the previous ten years with mediocre sales and the Van Halen fanbase wouldn't get the chance to air it's opinion...and why? Because Van Halen Inc. is SCARED to death of ever having to hear that opinion in the raw).

So, obviously, they chose option B. However, to my knowledge, Van Halen is NOT an active member of the Warner Bros. roster any longer, and that appears to be a mutual agreement.

lms2
10-20-2004, 04:16 PM
I just want Dave to note that Van Hagar has scheduled a concert in Wichita... Denver, plus Wichita = two show within 6 hours of my home...
hint, hint...

Rikk
10-20-2004, 04:21 PM
The band is finished. Sam even fucking stated it on the radio. After the tour, it's done. Why the hell do people think there's room to argue?

Why are they adding dates? Because they want to make a bit more money. Adding dates is no big deal. They obviously have their "set" down cold. Christ, they didn't like each other before doing the tour. But they still did it. Throwing in a few more dates is no big deal.

Man, the Hagar fans call the Rothtards desperate. I guess that works two ways, huh?

bueno bob
10-20-2004, 04:29 PM
Hagar fans are living on a "desperational redline".... :rolleyes:

bueno bob
10-20-2004, 04:29 PM
Hey Mom! Look at me! I'm "Desperational"!!!

Rikk
10-20-2004, 04:34 PM
Jesus Christ, look at him. Sgt. Moron's Lonely Big-Haired Band.

bueno bob
10-20-2004, 05:15 PM
Hey now!

Sam's PROUD of his big hair days!

bueno bob
10-20-2004, 05:15 PM
God, what a fucking dork.