Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt White
    • Jun 2004

John 5: Vertigo

Just bought VERTIGO by John 5 (Lowery) and I was totaly blown away. A master piece of guitar playing. This guy has only gotten better since working with DAVE.
    This cd has all sorts of stuff: Industrial, Rock, Blue-grass, country, and some amazing Shred guitar.
    I'd rank this thing straight away with "Surfing with the Alien" and "Passion and Warfare" as a ASS-Kicking guitar cd.
    Anybody else checked this thing out yet? And if so, any thoughts?
  • badhorsie

Havent found it in stores yet.

But im very interested in checking it out.

Comment

• sambo
      Sniper
      • Jun 2004

Can't get my hands on a copy in Aust. as yet (and it's fckn frustrating).

I read a guitar mag interview with Vai last month and he raved about John 5 and this album in particular. Vai is quoted as saying something along the lines of "taking instrumental guitar into the 21st century" and "brilliant....not afraid to experiment".

Can't wait to get my hands on a copy...

and for the record, not a bad Signature Tele
      Go home the Earth is full....

Comment

• Matt White
        • Jun 2004

Yup, cool guitar. Took me a while to find it as well fellas. The big chains didn't have it. I found it at a local shop. Well worth the effort. I heard some Page like chicken-pickin', some Satch, some Vai whammy moves, some Yngwie shred, and(Holy shit!) some EVH in there. He quotes the tremolo picked classic section in ERUPTION in one song, and uses the rake behind the nut from RWTD as part of the hook to another song. Very COOL.

Comment

• sambo
          Sniper
          • Jun 2004

Matt (and everyone else...)

Finally got my copy of John 5 last week and it rocks... has a bit of everything... refreshing instrumental work, very solid player, great grooves and even tho not a country /twang fan, he even does that with aplomb.

I needed a new guitar intrumental CD, and this one certainly does not disappoint.

Get your hands on a copy if you can!!!

Comment

• scottydabodi
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jun 2004

Matt and Sambo say it's good, then I gotta get it!
            If you listen to fools
            The Mob Rules

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
              Veteran
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
              VERTIGO by John 5 (Lowery)
              The CD maybe great (haven't heard it) but damn, the pic on the flipside of the CD case.....looks like a Punk-Jaggeresque-Clown...what's with the looong ass black lipstick? If he's going for humour, it wasn't noticed. If he's going for a tough/punk look, then it definitely looks funny. He woulda been better off not having a pic at all than having that image on the back....the image doesn't do anything for him, or apparently his music.
              http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
              http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
              http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• sambo
                Sniper
                • Jun 2004

Granted DLR, actually the artwork as a whole I am not a fan of... a bit odd to say the least.

but hey, the dude can certainly play..

Comment

Working...