PDA

View Full Version : Its' Time For An Intervention

JCOOK
10-13-2004, 01:39 AM
Friends,compatriots...apparentley it is time to take action.If we are ever to get what we want,THE REAL VAN HALEN,It is time to take action
We must march on Edwards 5150 compound and do an intervention. It is obvious to me that roy has edward strung out on that nasty "tequilla" he keeps trying to pawn,We must find an EMT who is the worlds greatest front man and storm the gates.Who is with me?

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MOTHERFUCKERS!

Rikk
10-13-2004, 01:48 AM
I'm with you. But I wonder...where could you find such an EMT?

Hmmmm...........

DLRdelight!
10-13-2004, 02:17 AM
I say New York!!!!!

bueno bob
10-13-2004, 01:52 PM
I just say storm 5150 and destroy the place.

The police couldn't stop ALL of us :D

Terry
10-13-2004, 05:24 PM
Better yet, go there and rape the vaults of all pre-1986 material, getting it out of Ed and Al's hands before they can erase it.

kcmusician
10-15-2004, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by JCOOK
Friends,compatriots...apparentley it is time to take action.If we are ever to get what we want,THE REAL VAN HALEN,It is time to take action
We must march on Edwards 5150 compound and do an intervention. It is obvious to me that roy has edward strung out on that nasty "tequilla" he keeps trying to pawn,We must find an EMT who is the worlds greatest front man and storm the gates.Who is with me?

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MOTHERFUCKERS!

It's not Sammy man, it's Alex.... Sammy just wants to be in the band, I don't believe that he wants to see any harm come to Eddie.

Shaun

bueno bob
10-15-2004, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by kcmusician
It's not Sammy man, it's Alex.... Sammy just wants to be in the band, I don't believe that he wants to see any harm come to Eddie.

Shaun

Again, Shaun, you have a point. Sam's sole purpose for being in Van Halen is the money and recognition. Anybody remember in '96 when he was shit talking them to no end, and how he reiterated over and over that "This is completely OVER, I'll never go back, not after what they did, I don't need this, I just want to do my thing my way without having to bend over", blah blah blah?

As soon as Alex came calling, Sam went running with a million dollar smile on his face.

Most of you know I have NO love for Hagar, my personal opinion is that he's been an anchor on Van Halen for years...that's no secret...but Sam's just out for the cash and that's his only interest...it's also a lot of why he's been writing radio-friendly pedestrian crap his whole career...

Terry
10-18-2004, 09:59 PM
As long as Van Halen can get guaranteed fees and touring/functioning without Roth is a lucrative option, they'll continue to do so.

The less-than-stellar response to the new tracks and lack of full capacity attendance at many of this year's shows should be rasing hairs on the back of someone's neck that all is not well on Howdy Doody Mountain (you don't see NEARLY as many sheep coming to this site now claiming 2004 was a great year for Van Halen as opposed to the amount that were showing up in February prophesizing Van Hagar was gonna clean up), but the Van Halen brothers have shown the capacity to excel at sticking their heads in the sand and pretending everything is great.

Think it's gonna come down to money in the end in terms of getting the Van Halens to reconsider hooking up with Roth again, as opposed to integrity, and in many ways that's the biggest tragedy of this whole mess.

kcmusician
10-18-2004, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Again, Shaun, you have a point. Sam's sole purpose for being in Van Halen is the money and recognition. Anybody remember in '96 when he was shit talking them to no end, and how he reiterated over and over that "This is completely OVER, I'll never go back, not after what they did, I don't need this, I just want to do my thing my way without having to bend over", blah blah blah?

As soon as Alex came calling, Sam went running with a million dollar smile on his face.

Most of you know I have NO love for Hagar, my personal opinion is that he's been an anchor on Van Halen for years...that's no secret...but Sam's just out for the cash and that's his only interest...it's also a lot of why he's been writing radio-friendly pedestrian crap his whole career...

I don't think Sam's all about the paycheck.... I think he really wants to be in Van Halen.... Besides, you can't keep going back to what he said after he left the band.... That was quite some time ago, and people forgive, forget, and change their minds.... I think Sam came back because he wanted to give the fans some form of Van Halen again, that's the same reason he went on tour with Dave.... I don't think Sam is the guy you guys want him to be, honestly.

Shaun