X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigBadBrian
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

This debate was probably a DRAW.....

John Kerry was on the defensive most of the evening.
    “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

George Bush was very good on things he knew about and is compassionate about, such as education...

Comment

• JCOOK

Yeah I would say a draw now LETS' GET IT ON!

Comment

• Cathedral
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

Draw my ass, Bush cleaned the floor with Kerry. Kerry didn't help himself by bringing Cheny's daughter into it.

Look, I don't understand by what measure some people judge these debates by, but I listen to what the candidates say as opposed to how they look or how they say it.

Bush lacks style, but when he opened his mouth it was all substance, baby.
        If i weren't already a Bush supporter, i would be at this point because George W. Bush has done a great job considering what we as Americans have gone through the last 3 years.

9-11 cost our Nation hundreds of billions of dollars, along with over a million jobs as a direct result of it. So how on God's green earth can anyone say that our current economic successes are not the results of Bush's leadership?
        To say that he has failed is so wrong on a partisan level it should make you dizzy.

Take off your Democrat glasses and see the cup as half full, not half empty as Kerry tried convince everyone it is.

We have come through a lot in a short time, and i'm hard pressed to believe that Bush failed the American People the way he has been painted to have.
        He earned my vote...

Comment

• Lqskdiver
          Sniper
          • Jun 2004

Well said, Cat. I think Bush has offered more solutions and positive scenario's than KKKerry. Hell, ever der Schlickmeister Clinton could paint a more positive picture by building his goddamn bridges to the 21st century.

Comment

• Pink Spider
            Sniper
            • Jan 2004

I turned it off after the first 30 seconds. Therefore, I won the debate.

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Cathedral
              9-11 cost our Nation hundreds of billions of dollars, along with over a million jobs as a direct result of it.
              Funny how that is the same number of lost jobs Kerry blames on the president...

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Pink Spider

I don't believe you...

Comment

• Cathedral
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                  Funny how that is the same number of lost jobs Kerry blames on the president...
                  That doesn't even count the jobs in-directly lost since then based on economic stresses in the first year after the attack.

Some comanpies that tried to hold on, but were weaker and unable to service their clients as they normally did ended up effecting the bottom lines of companies that relied on their services.

The whole thing was like a snowball effect, and it could have been a ton worse than it was if not for Bush taking action in Afghanistan, and providing economic stimulus with tax cuts which were also aided by lower interest rates. which by the way kept people buying homes in record numbers. Those are New Construction homes at that, with lowest average home being sold at $150,000.00 plus.
                  Even the older home market was stimulated.

Now i know Kerry's argument is that only the top 1% got $89 Billion in tax cuts, which is very false since the cut i got helped me quite a bit.
                  And since that same top 1% pays 49% of the tax burdon in this country, I am all for them getting a break as well.

There are also a lot of Americans with incomes so low that they are not required to pay tax, yet still get a refund because they have children. I've gotten back over $3,000.00 in a single year where i only paid in half that.
                  problem is, most of the people i hear bitch about taxes don't even pay any, lol.
                  And those who pay the most remain silent, now why is that?

Shit, if you weigh only the facts, President Bush might just have the best record in Presidential History. (This is directed at Republicans because i know all too well what Dems think on this, and they're wrong)

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Nice...

Comment

• JCOOK

When I say draw I mean Bush had more substance, but he has a bad habit of scowling or frowning at his opponent.I wish GW would walk up and call Herman A FUCKING LIAR!

4 more years!

Comment

• Cathedral
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by JCOOK
                        When I say draw I mean Bush had more substance, but he has a bad habit of scowling or frowning at his opponent.I wish GW would walk up and call Herman A FUCKING LIAR!

4 more years!
                        My girlfriend was screaming that very thing at the TV.
                        "Call him a liar, let him have it on all his inconsistancies"

I almost had to watch in another room because she was getting pissed at Kerry, lol.
                        I kind of like the reaction shots myself.
                        It gave me a sense that he has actual passion for the job he is doing and wishes to continue.
                        I was making the same faces as Kerry spoke. The man seriously has no clue about how things really are today.

Oh, and all I have heard from Kerry is "I have a plan"...well, I have yet to hear it in it's entirety, lol.
                        It's sooo cool that he tells us to read more about it online.

And another thing, I hope Cheny busts Kerry in the nose when he sees him for bringing up his gay daughter. That was classless when Edwards did it, and it was classless tonight.

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Pink Spider

HA! I beat you. I had the Yankee game on.

Nawh, I'm only foolin'. Actually forgot there was a debate tonight. I'll see it tomorrow in class, though.
                          Roth Army Militia

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

Forgot ???

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

yeah. i knew there was one more, but i thought it was later
                              Roth Army Militia

Comment

Working...