Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lynne Cheney: 'Tawdry' Kerry 'Is Not a Good Man'

Thursday, Oct. 14, 2004

Lynne Cheney is obviously disgusted by John Kerry's and John Edwards' obsession with her lesbian daughter. Mrs. Cheney, in introducing the vice president to hundreds of supporters after a debate-watching party in Coraopolis, Pa., noted that Kerry had invaded her family's privacy.

"Now, you know, I did have a chance to assess John Kerry once more, and now the only thing I could conclude: This is not a good man," she said.
    "Of course, I am speaking as a mom, and a pretty indignant mom. This is not a good man. What a cheap and tawdry political trick."

i agree. families should be left out of campaigns.

if chenney paraded repeatedly to the gay crowd about his lesbian daughter, then kerry could bring it up.

but as it stands, i don't think it's right.

Comment

Mary Cheney has been open about her homosexuality for years, and has used it to aid Republicans, first as a liason from Coors Brewery to the gay community, and then campaiging for her father in 2000. She also appeared on stage at the debate with her parents and sister, and another woman, who logic suggests would be her partner. So the allegations of Kerry & Edwards "invading her privacy" are completely ridiculous.

The difference here is the hypocrisy of most Republicans thinking that sexual orientation is something that should be "hidden". In Lynne Cheney's case it's even more hypocritical, since she has written fiction books with lesbian storylines herself.

And let's not forget that Kerry was asked a question by the moderator whether or not he believed sexual orientation was a "choice". It was a reasonable response to that question.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Again, that is stupid.

Because the woman has a job related to her sexuality and has spoke out about homosexual issues, even on the campaign trail, doesn't make it "open season
        on her. Especially when you are trying to score points on a loved one.

It's low and desperate.

Comment

It's Junior and the reactionary right who made homosexuality a campaign issue with their ridiculous fascist attempt to subvert the Constitution to discriminate against an entire class of American citizens. Even Bush & Uncle Dick themselves are split on that one, and Junior is contradiciting his own "let the states decide" response of 2000.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Originally posted by FORD

And let's not forget that Kerry was asked a question by the moderator whether or not he believed sexual orientation was a "choice". It was a reasonable response to that question.
            Fine. It's one he's going to have to pay for.
            “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

It's Junior and the reactionary right who made homosexuality a campaign issue with their ridiculous fascist attempt to subvert the Constitution to discriminate against an entire class of American citizens. Even Bush & Uncle Dick themselves are split on that one, and Junior is contradiciting his own "let the states decide" response of 2000.
              You are twisting the context around. It's not whether or not homosexuality is a campaign issue, it's whether it's right or not to bring up your opponent's family's preferences and talk about how her parents loved her or anything personal of that nature. What happens in Cheney's family has nothing to do with Kerry's personal opinion, which is what he asked.

Are the Dems purposely committing political suicide for "Hillary!" 08?
              Meet us in the future, not the pasture

Comment

Wait a minute, what's wrong with her being gay, and how is it a political trick? You people speak of it as if there is something wrong with their daughter being gay, the only one's that are wrong, are the people that think have a problem with her homosexuality, typical homophobes....

Comment

Originally posted by DLR'sCock
                  Wait a minute, what's wrong with her being gay, and how is it a political trick? You people speak of it as if there is something wrong with their daughter being gay, the only one's that are wrong, are the people that think have a problem with her homosexuality, typical homophobes....
                  And that's the key issue. Lynn Cheney is afraid to admit that her daughter is a Lesbian even though it's far from a secret, and she could be a closet dyke herself, judging from her books. The Cheneys claim to love their daughter, yet they're still ashamed of her. it's actually pretty sad
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

They should be proud of her and love her know matter what these close minded and hateful people think.....

Comment

Who the fuck cares what his daughters'sexual preference is. I want to know what they are going to do to keep my country safe and prosperous. All of you stay the fuck out of our bedrooms.

Comment

OK, now you know I don't support the proposed "Marriage Ammendment", but just how is proposing an Ammendment to the Constitution "Subverting" it??? The procedure is in there by design. Maybe you should study up a bit on the Constitution yourself before making such ridiculous claims dude.

And if proposing an Ammendment to the Constitution is considered "subverting" it, I guess Jesse Jackson's son is the king of subversion, huh? How many Ammendments has he proposed so far?

Well, check out his own website for details here

Last I checked, he is a Democrat, no?

Comment

Unless you're fucking a little kid or an endangered species LEAVE IT ALONE!

Comment

Originally posted by John Ashcroft
                            OK, now you know I don't support the proposed "Marriage Ammendment", but just how is proposing an Ammendment to the Constitution "Subverting" it??? The procedure is in there by design. Maybe you should study up a bit on the Constitution yourself before making such ridiculous claims dude.

And if proposing an Ammendment to the Constitution is considered "subverting" it, I guess Jesse Jackson's son is the king of subversion, huh? How many Ammendments has he proposed so far?

Well, check out his own website for details here

Last I checked, he is a Democrat, no?
                            I doubt any of Jesse Junior's proposed ammendments would take rights away from millions of United States citizens. That's the difference. We have never had a Constitutional ammendment designed to take away rights before.

Considering the number of Republican politicians who have outed themselves recently, you would think the party would be waking up to the fact that homosexuality ain't something that "god hating liberals" choose to do.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Originally posted by DLR'sCock
                              There's nothing wrong with her being gay. No one said that. What's wrong is that in the debate Kerry made it seem like he had to put that out there. Which, I don't think was -- crap, I don't want to say professional, but that's the only word coming to mind.

It would be one thing if the daughter was open and Cheney hid it. But he hasn't. He's addressed this issue and his thoughts. The thing with Cheney is that he doesn't want to publically put down the president's position. So he's not going to sit on a news show and badmouth the president.

Edwards brought it up and Kerry wanted to bring it up again to make sure no one missed it. Kerry didn't have to single her out. He could have just stated that there were gay family members within the administration. Why point the poor girl out again to use her against her father, who has stated that his views differ from the president?

And I don't really see/buy this crap that because her mother said something that that means she's ashamed of her daughter. And I realized in class today that I'm the only one my age who thinks that. I dunno. Maybe I'm weird, but I would do the same thing if I were in those shoes. That's her kid and she doesn't want her daughter to be used in that way. I wouldn't want my kids - gay or straight - drawn out to public scrutiny like that.
                              Roth Army Militia

Comment

Working...
                              X