PDA

View Full Version : BOBW sales thru 12 weeks

Bob_R
10-14-2004, 02:02 PM
Got this from VAN FAN at the Links. I don't plagiarize. :D

Drops to #144 (from #117) selling 7875 copies this week. Down 20% from last. 411,728 total US sales, so it's not exactly Platinum here yet until it hits 500K since it's a double-disc.

bueno bob
10-14-2004, 02:04 PM
Who wants to bet on it getting plat status? :rolleyes:

Carmine Raguzza
10-14-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by EVH FANATIC

Drops to #144 (from #117) selling 7875 copies this week. Down 20% from last. 411,728 total US sales, so it's not exactly Platinum here yet until it hits 500K since it's a double-disc.

isnt 7875 around the same number of people they are averaging per show.:o

bueno bob
10-14-2004, 02:06 PM
Bout that...

Matt White
10-14-2004, 02:23 PM
"Tonights attendance...It's 5,150 Time!!!"
Time to call it a career.

Don Corleone
10-14-2004, 02:25 PM
Am I right in thinks that each sale of BOBW counts as 2 as it's a double album. In which case actual sales last week are 3938

Carmine Raguzza
10-14-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Don Corleone
Am I right in thinks that each sale of BOBW counts as 2 as it's a double album. In which case actual sales last week are 3938

3938, the irony again. Is that not the number of people that went to the Little Rock, Arkansas show?

RogueHorseman
10-14-2004, 03:08 PM
You guys are flat nailing it down today.

:D

Carmine Raguzza
10-14-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by RogueHorseman
You guys are flat nailing it down today.

we try!

horty07
10-14-2004, 03:14 PM
I wonder how many copies would be sold if they were to put out a Van hager only greatest hits? They probably would have sold only 4 copies, and that would be because Spam, Shemp, Ed and Mike would have each bought a copy. Then again spammy deep down knows he sucks so he would not have bought a copy.

spmusicplyr
10-14-2004, 03:15 PM
gotta wonder...

if they put the few new dlr tracks that they made in the year 2000, the sales would be fuckin crazy.

really they should have made best of, volume two...all different songsthan vol 1. it would have given more reasons for people to buy it...to complete the collection.

Thetruthbaby
10-14-2004, 03:45 PM
If the 411,728 number is correct that is actual sales meaning 411,728 "sets" have been purchased. They get credit for 823,456 since it's a double disc set. Just clearing things up. It's still an abomination in terms of retail. I'm sure that EVH and hagar thought this thing with the 3 new tracks would at least outsell VHIII with Cherone. It hasn't even done that yet. It's a failure.

bueno bob
10-14-2004, 03:48 PM
Had they included those Roth songs from 2000, sales would be through the fuckin' roof.

What scares me, though, is wondering whether or not those three new pieces of shit on the album now are what they recorded in 2000...

Scary thought...

RogueHorseman
10-14-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Thetruthbaby
...It's still an abomination in terms of retail. I'm sure that EVH and hagar thought this thing with the 3 new tracks would at least outsell VHIII with Cherone. It hasn't even done that yet...

Nor will it anytime soon. How pathetic is that?

I've said it before, WB is not going to touch this line-up again, period. You can put that in the bank.

And the tour to support it? Same story, different verse.

Sold for Little Rock really was under 4,000... Atlanta, just barely over 6k!! That is the 10th largest market in the nation, friends. Sans Halen drew better in Atlanta. The cancelled shows all over the SE... The tour was wrote off way back as an utter failure inside the walls of Clear Channel. You think they are going to throw good money after bad like this again? No way, Jose.

But, back to BOBW... It has performed even worse than I ever would have imagined, and I expected little.

A pathetic sales performer for a band of such former chart/retail stature. That really is the only way to describe it. Pathetic.

Thetruthbaby
10-14-2004, 05:17 PM
R Horseman is right, this thing has failed to meet even the Roth fan's expectations. If you had told me before this thing started that there would be even one show where they drew less than 5,000 in a decent sized city I wouldn't have believed it. Several shows have had only around half full arena's. Promoters are taking it in the ass with many of these shows. Even I thought they would do better. I knew they wouldn't sell out many shows, but I didn't think they'd be playing half full arena's in a number of cities. They have failed. No 2 ways about it.

Blacklisted
10-14-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by horty07
I wonder how many copies would be sold if they were to put out a Van hager only greatest hits? They probably would have sold only 4 copies, and that would be because Spam, Shemp, Ed and Mike would have each bought a copy. Then again spammy deep down knows he sucks so he would not have bought a copy.

I think it would be 5 copies sold cause Sammy would buy 2 to boost the sales.

spmusicplyr
10-15-2004, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Had they included those Roth songs from 2000, sales would be through the fuckin' roof.

What scares me, though, is wondering whether or not those three new pieces of shit on the album now are what they recorded in 2000...

Scary thought...

hmm..maybe they hve roth singing those tracks too..and maybe they have sammy singing cant get this syuff no more and mwm in say, 1995 before they broke up. thats even worse! :)

i would kill to hear the rehearsal recordings of dave singing summer nights...on howard stern 1992 he said he wrote half of that album(5150)

kcmusician
10-15-2004, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by EVH FANATIC

They should have put those unreleased Dave tracks on the album, then it would have sold like the first one.

Shaun

bueno bob
10-15-2004, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by spmusicplyr
maybe they have sammy singing cant get this syuff no more and mwm in say, 1995 before they broke up

According to Hagar, they do. I heard him on Howard Stern back in 1996 when he was doing publicity for Marching to Mars and he insists that CGTSNM and MWM were originally going to be included on Balance but were (Hagar's words) "Dropped because Eddie didn't think they were good enough to make the album cut"....but we all know that Sam and Honesty are virtual strangers to each other, so who the fuck knows?

Halen High
10-15-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
According to Hagar, they do. I heard him on Howard Stern back in 1996 when he was doing publicity for Marching to Mars and he insists that CGTSNM and MWM were originally going to be included on Balance but were (Hagar's words) "Dropped because Eddie didn't think they were good enough to make the album cut"....but we all know that Sam and Honesty are virtual strangers to each other, so who the fuck knows?

Sammy was very bitter back then and was probably trying to discredit Dave by insinuating that Dave just stepped in and recorded a couple of his songs. I think its always burned Sammy that its now common knowledge throughout the fan base that much of the music for 5150, his biggest album with VH, was written when Dave was still in the band. CGTSNM and MWM were well recieved songs so he's probably trying to grab some credit for them.

Matt White
10-16-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Halen High
Sammy was very bitter back then and was probably trying to discredit Dave by insinuating that Dave just stepped in and recorded a couple of his songs. I think its always burned Sammy that its now common knowledge throughout the fan base that much of the music for 5150, his biggest album with VH, was written when Dave was still in the band. CGTSNM and MWM were well recieved songs so he's probably trying to grab some credit for them.

Yup, if DAVE wrote 50-75% of 5150, then Spammy really owes him his success in life! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!
"Tonights attendance....It's 5,150 Time!"

Blacklisted
10-16-2004, 03:17 PM
Sammy Hagar and 5150 are like cocksoup. Nobody wants to give it a chance.

what waz zat
10-16-2004, 03:31 PM
How did the Greatest Hits album with CGTSNM and MWM sell ? There was no tour but hype for a possible "reunion"

Wa Wa Zat
10-16-2004, 04:15 PM
According to what I have found, Greatest Hits Vol. 1 (single cd) sold about 2.4 million copies with ONLY two new songs on it.

what waz zat
10-16-2004, 04:39 PM
So the Greatest Hits with Dave outsold the Greatest Hits with Sammy by about 6 to 1. WIth only 2 new songs vs. 3 for Sammy

spmusicplyr
10-17-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by what waz zat
How did the Greatest Hits album with CGTSNM and MWM sell ? There was no tour but hype for a possible "reunion"

tons of hype, mtv fiasco....