PDA

View Full Version : Flyer

JonyTraash
10-14-2004, 03:44 PM
You all rock! This is a great site! But lets talk about the flyer. I think it goes way beyond Eddie being drunk and asking Sammy to join. It's obvious what kind of stuff Eddie was looking to get into musicly, I mean all you have to do is listen to Jump. It's a great song but would be even better without the keyboards. One of the reasons for Dave's exit was that he did not want Van Halen music contaminated with Pop/rock, Bubblegum junk that loomed in the direction Eddie was looking to go. I have not listened to Van Halen since "Diamond" left or was kicked out or whatever. The truth of why and how Sammy got in the band is the fact that Eddie got soft and was looking for someone to keep down with his own decaying sloth. He found him in Sammy and aging, has been with little options left in the world of rock-n-roll.

bueno bob
10-14-2004, 03:46 PM
You make a fair point.

Welcome to the Army!

JonyTraash
10-14-2004, 03:51 PM
It's a honor to be here. Thanks.

kcmusician
10-14-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by JonyTraash
It's obvious what kind of stuff Eddie was looking to get into musicly, I mean all you have to do is listen to Jump. It's a great song but would be even better without the keyboards.\

Jump without keyboards???? Um.... You do know that it's a keyboard based song, right? I honestly can't hear it without them, especially since there isn't any magical guitar work involved with the exception of the solo.

Shaun

JonyTraash
10-14-2004, 09:30 PM
My point is that jump was the inception to keyboards for Van Halen music. It, like I said shows you the direction Eddie wanted to go with "his" music. which changed the course of Van Halen's in your face Rock-n-Roll to the stick to your face bubble gum it is today. Thanks for your reply.

kcmusician
10-14-2004, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by JonyTraash
My point is that jump was the inception to keyboards for Van Halen music. It, like I said shows you the direction Eddie wanted to go with "his" music. which changed the course of Van Halen's in your face Rock-n-Roll to the stick to your face bubble gum it is today. Thanks for your reply.

Well I wouldn't call the newer music bubble gum.... Bubble gum is like Brittney Spears, or crap like that.... Van Hagar is not Van Halen by any means, but they aren't as bad as Brittney.... But I agree, once "Jump" came around they kind of layed off the "rock".... Just listen to OU812, that's proof!

Shaun

JonyTraash
10-14-2004, 09:43 PM
Compared to the get the fuck off the sidewalk rock-n-roll it is bubble gum. Top 40. Same thing in my book.

Jony Traash..

kcmusician
10-14-2004, 09:47 PM
Perhaps, but I'd still rather listen to it over Christina or Britt.... Just a personal preferance I guess.

Shaun

rustoffa
10-14-2004, 10:30 PM
Nice take on the clusterfuck and welcome!

There's also all that balderdash about Ed biting his tongue after diver down being Dave and Ted's album and whatnot.

I've also heard theories regarding Dave noticing how easy it was for Ed to set the 78 oz. big gulp Highball on top of the keyboard and was all like, "jeesish fookin kripes...it was bad enough when he had to reach down for it" and just hauled ass.

Tootsie Pop ad: "The world may never know".