Warning: Undefined array key "birthday" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/notice.php on line 1 Norv Turner New Head Coach of the Raaaaiiiidaaaaaas - The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Norv Turner New Head Coach of the Raaaaiiiidaaaaaas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norv Turner New Head Coach of the Raaaaiiiidaaaaaas

At least Al Davis plucked somebody who has some head coaching experience, but I'm not sure he's the answer unless they can get a hold of Eli Manning.

What's cool is that Turner's a hometown guy from Martinez, CA (about 25-30 miles from Oaktown) and grew up being a Raiders fan. Maybe the pride will inspire him....

Then again...look what it did for little Danny Snyder....
    "Honey, my shirt got itself torn up. My shirt tore itself on that stripper's hand, and I need it to be sewed up for the show."
    "No problem, Dave, no problem. Say hello to Fluffy."
    "Fuck you, Fluffy."
    "No, no, you're going to upset Fluffy."
    "I ain't saying hello to no stuffed bear."
    "You know, now that I think about it, it's going to take a little longer to sew up that shirt than I was thinking."
    "Hi Fluffy, how you been?"
    "Now that I'm thinking of it even more, it's going to take half the time, Double D, Diamond Dave! Would you hold Fluffy?"
    "N--- yeah."

Enjoy Norv, Raider nation.

Hope you all enjoy the mellow post game interviews and press conferences.

DLR7884
    A Redskin fan, who's glad Joe Gibbs is back.
    Originally Posted by WARF:
    DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

Comment

Al's always liked an offense oriented coach,first non-rookie coach since bugel...I know Turner had to agree to stipulations that obviously frightened some other candidates.In the end I like the choice,the age of parity was just getting started when Turner coached the skins,we'll see......

Comment

Originally posted by DLR7884
        Enjoy Norv, Raider nation.

Hope you all enjoy the mellow post game interviews and press conferences.

DLR7884
        A Redskin fan, who's glad Joe Gibbs is back.

no shit!! you know, we gave norv WAY too long. 6 seasons? yeah, he got us into the playoffs once. but with the $$ spent, it wasn't worth it.

and you know what? at the start of this season, i had FINALLY accepted that the skins weren't a good team. for YEARS i'd bitch at dr. z's sports illustrated predictions. that fucker doesn't know anything: 10-6. each year, of course, the skins suck. so, i finally resign myself to accept that, and we get gibbs. man, i'm ITCHING for 2004 season to start.

Comment

Alright...

I think Norv Turner was a good choice...yeah...he fucking blew in Washington...

but I think he'll be fine in Oakland for one reason...he'll get along with Davis...

so win or lose...lol...Al's got a new but buddie...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

Christ...go from the annoying nerd next door with Snyder...to the old, crotcety bastard down the street with Davis...

Turner won't get booted in 2 years...he'll commit fucking suicide...
            "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
              Christ...go from the annoying nerd next door with Snyder...to the old, crotcety bastard down the street with Davis...

Turner won't get booted in 2 years...he'll commit fucking suicide...
              hahahaha!

Comment

People keep forgetting Shanahan's first experience as head coach.
                “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

I don't know if Turner's gonna make a difference or not...

Bottom line is that the Raiders are an old, old, old team...

They really need to start recycling some of those guys out....
                  Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Yeah...Shannahan was fucking hogtied by Davis...and went to an owner that's good to his coaches...

freakin' Turner is going from a punk, bitch who thinks this is Fantasy Football...to a 90 year old...who thinks he's Mike Tyson...

Comment

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                      Yeah...Shannahan was fucking hogtied by Davis...and went to an owner that's good to his coaches...

freakin' Turner is going from a punk, bitch who thinks this is Fantasy Football...to a 90 year old...who thinks he's Mike Tyson...
                      C'mon Poj....you gotta love AL.......

Comment

lmfao...I don't...I really don't...

when things are rolling his way...and he's quiet...he's fine...

but man...when that crotchety bastard gets a bug up his ass...forget about it...

Comment

haha,I can live with that......you should like this-
                          Al Davis died in 1985-hahaha

Comment

Working...
                          X