X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DLR_EngineRoom
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

C N N E N T E R T A I N M E N T N E W S: New Van Halen movie in production

CNN Entertainment News: Former rock superstars Van Halen are reportedly working on a movie that documents their rise to stardom with former and now current lead vocalist David Lee Roth. Sources say that they will stick to the historical facts, except for the former lead screamer Sammy Hagar era, which will be represented only as "Eddie's Nightmare", where the entire Hagar-era was one big awful dream, synchronized with their classic song "Little Dreamer". Actors casted to portray the original members are The Darkness' Justin Hawkins as singer/frontman David Lee Roth, Sum 41's Deryck Whibley as guitar virtuoso Eddie Van Halen, Fast Times At Ridgemont High's Robert Romanus as drummer Alex Van Halen and WWE Wrestling superstar Mick Foley as bassist Michael Anthony. Release date is scheduled for July 2005. Sammy Hagar could not be reached for comment.
    http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
    http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
    http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif
  • Diamondjimi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2004

Re: C N N E N T E R T A I N M E N T N E W S: New Van Halen movie in production

Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom
    CNN Entertainment News: Former rock superstars Van Halen are reportedly working on a movie that documents their rise to stardom with former and now current lead vocalist David Lee Roth. Sources say that they will stick to the historical facts, except for the former lead screamer Sammy Hagar era, which will be represented only as "Eddie's Nightmare", where the entire Hagar-era was one big awful dream, synchronized with their classic song "Little Dreamer". Actors casted to portray the original members are The Darkness' Justin Hawkins as singer/frontman David Lee Roth, Sum 41's Deryck Whibley as guitar virtuoso Eddie Van Halen, Fast Times At Ridgemont High's Robert Romanus as drummer Alex Van Halen and WWE Wrestling superstar Mick Foley as bassist Michael Anthony. Release date is scheduled for July 2005. Sammy Hagar could not be reached for comment.

WHAT DA FUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• badhorsie

How witty.

Comment

• kcmusician
        Head Fluffer
        • Jul 2004

Man, you could have spent the time it took to make that wacking off or something.... Lame.

Shaun
        "'Cause stayin' 'round here takes patience It's like a full time occupation"

- Diamond Dave

Comment

• lms2

I thought it was funny. NO ONE can play David Lee Roth except David Lee Roth. LMAO I would definitely see the movie though...

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Originally posted by kcmusician
            Man, you could have spent the time it took to make that wacking off or something.... Lame.

Shaun
            Like posting to the webmasters in MAIN?????:p

Comment

• kcmusician
              Head Fluffer
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
              Like posting to the webmasters in MAIN?????:p
              Yeah, I didn't notice the webmasters had their own forum.... My bad.

Shaun

- Diamond Dave

Comment

• stilleddiesangel
                Sniper
                • Oct 2004

Originally posted by lms2
                I thought it was funny. NO ONE can play David Lee Roth except David Lee Roth. LMAO I would definitely see the movie though...
                If u see the inside sleeve of The Darkness Permission to Land cd he's copying Dave's flying leap..

Comment

• kcmusician
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jul 2004

I don't know that I'd actually want to see it.... If a movie were made like VH1 did the Def Leppard story, then I'd give it a watching.... But when a rock star plays another rock star, then I'm out.....

Shaun

- Diamond Dave

Comment

• Halen High
                    Commando
                    • Jul 2004

I agree, Dave would be a huge challenge for any actor, let alone another musician to play. As far as other musicians go, I think Sebastian Bach would do a pretty good job. And I know he'd love to do it!

Comment

• Halen High
                      Commando
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by stilleddiesangel
                      If u see the inside sleeve of The Darkness Permission to Land cd he's copying Dave's flying leap..
                      And not doing it very well!

Actually, that's a great album. Bought it a couple of weeks ago. If you can get used to the singer's 'unique' vocal style, the music rocks.

Comment

• kcmusician
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Jul 2004

Well I think the idea of rock stars playing other rock stars is kinda..... Um.... Stupid? I mean atleast with an actor you can get into it, because it's what they are paid to do.... We are used to seeing them play different people. But with a musician, it's different. They are who they are. They can act I guess, but playing a musician other than themselves stricks me a bit odd.... Culture shock of some sort I guess....

Shaun

- Diamond Dave

Comment

• Matt White
                          • Jun 2004

Re: C N N E N T E R T A I N M E N T N E W S: New Van Halen movie in production

Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom
                          BRILLIANT job DLR_EngineRoom. Never mind the nay-sayers!!!!!

Comment

• kcmusician
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Jul 2004

I think it would be awesome if there were a movie made about Van Halen.... Hell, I'd be happy with a VH1 Behind The Music!

Shaun

- Diamond Dave

Comment

• lms2

There is a lot about what has happened with that band that I am curious about. I would see it. That doesn't mean that the whole story would be told... but it would be pretty trick if it were.

Comment

Working...