PDA

View Full Version : C N N E N T E R T A I N M E N T N E W S: New Van Halen movie in production

DLR_EngineRoom
10-14-2004, 06:32 PM
CNN Entertainment News: Former rock superstars Van Halen are reportedly working on a movie that documents their rise to stardom with former and now current lead vocalist David Lee Roth. Sources say that they will stick to the historical facts, except for the former lead screamer Sammy Hagar era, which will be represented only as "Eddie's Nightmare", where the entire Hagar-era was one big awful dream, synchronized with their classic song "Little Dreamer". Actors casted to portray the original members are The Darkness' Justin Hawkins as singer/frontman David Lee Roth, Sum 41's Deryck Whibley as guitar virtuoso Eddie Van Halen, Fast Times At Ridgemont High's Robert Romanus as drummer Alex Van Halen and WWE Wrestling superstar Mick Foley as bassist Michael Anthony. Release date is scheduled for July 2005. Sammy Hagar could not be reached for comment.

Diamondjimi
10-14-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom
CNN Entertainment News: Former rock superstars Van Halen are reportedly working on a movie that documents their rise to stardom with former and now current lead vocalist David Lee Roth. Sources say that they will stick to the historical facts, except for the former lead screamer Sammy Hagar era, which will be represented only as "Eddie's Nightmare", where the entire Hagar-era was one big awful dream, synchronized with their classic song "Little Dreamer". Actors casted to portray the original members are The Darkness' Justin Hawkins as singer/frontman David Lee Roth, Sum 41's Deryck Whibley as guitar virtuoso Eddie Van Halen, Fast Times At Ridgemont High's Robert Romanus as drummer Alex Van Halen and WWE Wrestling superstar Mick Foley as bassist Michael Anthony. Release date is scheduled for July 2005. Sammy Hagar could not be reached for comment.

WHAT DA FUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

badhorsie
10-14-2004, 07:38 PM
How witty.

kcmusician
10-14-2004, 08:05 PM
Man, you could have spent the time it took to make that wacking off or something.... Lame.

Shaun

lms2
10-14-2004, 08:21 PM
I thought it was funny. NO ONE can play David Lee Roth except David Lee Roth. LMAO I would definitely see the movie though...

guwapo_rocker
10-14-2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by kcmusician
Man, you could have spent the time it took to make that wacking off or something.... Lame.

Shaun

Like posting to the webmasters in MAIN?????:p

kcmusician
10-14-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
Like posting to the webmasters in MAIN?????:p

Yeah, I didn't notice the webmasters had their own forum.... My bad.

Shaun

stilleddiesangel
10-14-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by lms2
I thought it was funny. NO ONE can play David Lee Roth except David Lee Roth. LMAO I would definitely see the movie though...

If u see the inside sleeve of The Darkness Permission to Land cd he's copying Dave's flying leap..

kcmusician
10-14-2004, 08:30 PM

I don't know that I'd actually want to see it.... If a movie were made like VH1 did the Def Leppard story, then I'd give it a watching.... But when a rock star plays another rock star, then I'm out.....

Shaun

Halen High
10-14-2004, 08:50 PM

I agree, Dave would be a huge challenge for any actor, let alone another musician to play. As far as other musicians go, I think Sebastian Bach would do a pretty good job. And I know he'd love to do it!

Halen High
10-14-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by stilleddiesangel
If u see the inside sleeve of The Darkness Permission to Land cd he's copying Dave's flying leap..

And not doing it very well!

Actually, that's a great album. Bought it a couple of weeks ago. If you can get used to the singer's 'unique' vocal style, the music rocks.

kcmusician
10-14-2004, 08:57 PM
Well I think the idea of rock stars playing other rock stars is kinda..... Um.... Stupid? I mean atleast with an actor you can get into it, because it's what they are paid to do.... We are used to seeing them play different people. But with a musician, it's different. They are who they are. They can act I guess, but playing a musician other than themselves stricks me a bit odd.... Culture shock of some sort I guess....

Shaun

Matt White
10-14-2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom

BRILLIANT job DLR_EngineRoom. Never mind the nay-sayers!!!!!
:killer: :killer: :killer:

kcmusician
10-14-2004, 09:04 PM
I think it would be awesome if there were a movie made about Van Halen.... Hell, I'd be happy with a VH1 Behind The Music!

Shaun

lms2
10-14-2004, 09:21 PM
There is a lot about what has happened with that band that I am curious about. I would see it. That doesn't mean that the whole story would be told... but it would be pretty trick if it were. :D

kcmusician
10-14-2004, 09:45 PM
Hellz yeah, I would stand in line to see that story told.... I think it would be a great flick! Drama, comedy, confusion.... What else do ya need?

Shaun

lms2
10-14-2004, 09:47 PM
Drugs, Sex and Rock and Roll...at their finest.

kcmusician
10-14-2004, 09:50 PM
Drugs, Sex and Rock and Roll...at their finest.

That's a fact Jack!

DLR_EngineRoom
10-15-2004, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Matt White
BRILLIANT job DLR_EngineRoom. Never mind the nay-sayers!!!!!
:killer: :killer: :killer:

Why thank you, Matt. In the immortal words of one 'David Lee Roth'...

(I) came here to entertain you, leaving here (I) aggravate you....don't y'know it means the same to me?

Matt White
10-15-2004, 12:49 AM
Dreaming of "Killer 'NARDS!!!"

ScottToronto
10-15-2004, 01:57 AM
Bunch of "little dreamers" you guys are............As I said.....Im not pro any singer that has been in VAN HALEN, but stop spreading rumours. David Lee Roth is finished with Van Halen....even he has said it. Let this all go people.

And stop using this as a forum to slag the current members. You must realize that there would be no Van Halen at all, without Eddie or Alex, its their last name god dammit!!!.

Stop "dreaming" of a reunion.........not gunna happen.....

And Van Halen movie..........reach out a grab a brain....they are too busy touring

bueno bob
10-15-2004, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by ScottToronto
I'm a fag!! I love Hagar!! Please fuck my ass!!

Scott, I don't exactly know what's going on with the Pen this week, but if Tom Vu goes in (which is what I suspect is going to happen), you've got my #1 with a bullet vote for next Friday's SOTW.

Fag.

Panamark
10-15-2004, 06:52 AM

And stop using this as a forum to slag the current members. You must realize that there would be no Van Halen at all, without Eddie or Alex, its their last name god dammit!!!.

WTF ?? There is no Van Halen at all at the moment.
What is your point ??

Big Troubles
10-15-2004, 07:40 AM
there sure are alot of these sheep from Ontario huh? Must be something in the water? ;)

YAWN
10-15-2004, 11:28 AM
NO ONE can play David Lee Roth except David Lee Roth.
Not even Ralph???

Bill Lumbergh
10-15-2004, 11:50 AM
Why do people always give Engine Room shit.........I think he's funny as hell.

Bill Lumbergh
10-15-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by kcmusician
Well I think the idea of rock stars playing other rock stars is kinda..... Um.... Stupid? I mean atleast with an actor you can get into it, because it's what they are paid to do.... We are used to seeing them play different people. But with a musician, it's different. They are who they are. They can act I guess, but playing a musician other than themselves stricks me a bit odd.... Culture shock of some sort I guess....

Shaun

Dude, HE WASNT BEING SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's joking..........holy shit there are some dumbass motherfuckers around here!

hard rock
10-15-2004, 11:59 AM
I think keanu reeves would make a better alex van halen. I always kind of thought he looked like him in the bill and ted movies. Something like that would be cool but it wont happen

moose
10-15-2004, 02:49 PM
Roth on DLR, you always make me laugh.

lms2
10-15-2004, 06:22 PM
I guess if Dave picked someone and was okay with it and there to coach him the WHOLE time... I would have to deal with that. :(

I realize it was intended as a joke, but still think its a good idea. Hell if they can't sing together, and won't release anything from the vault... why not do a movie. It would be better than Ozzy's show... and that went over well enough. :D

GAR
10-15-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
He's joking..........holy shit there are some dumbass motherfuckers around here!

THAT Sammy Pinata is no joke - that looks real

AND I WANT to purchase THREE

Halen High
10-15-2004, 10:36 PM
Bunch of "little dreamers" you guys are............As I said.....Im not pro any singer that has been in VAN HALEN, but stop spreading rumours. David Lee Roth is finished with Van Halen....even he has said it. Let this all go people.

Stop "dreaming" of a reunion.........not gunna happen.....

And Van Halen movie..........reach out a grab a brain....they are too busy touring

Baaaaaaaa.....Baaaaaaaa.....Baaaaaaaa

DLRdelight!
10-16-2004, 01:55 AM
i would watch it

DLR_EngineRoom
10-19-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
there sure are alot of these sheep from Ontario huh? Must be something in the water? ;)

Not all from Ontario are sheep, son. Some of us ARE attracted to women.....like Moose, Guwapo and yours truly.....

Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
Why do people always give Engine Room shit.........I think he's funny as hell.

Why thank you, Bill....that was awfully nice of yuz...!

Originally posted by moose
Roth on DLR, you always make me laugh.

We'll show 'em on Nov. 4th, Moose.....Mean Street on tour, mofos...

Originally posted by GAR
THAT Sammy Pinata is no joke - that looks real

AND I WANT to purchase THREE

It IS real....it's from the B-Day party they threw Dave in NYC. see ddlr.com for details...that's an actual pic of the Sammy pinata that by the way the singer from the VH cover band had 'high kicked' a la Roth style and there was cheese everywhere when it broke! Check it out for details....

Bill Lumbergh
10-19-2004, 04:04 PM
LMFAO! I need to get that for my son's birthday party.........fuck I might even take a turn. Screw that I'm going first!!!

Kristy
10-19-2004, 04:09 PM
I thought that was some sort of a sick joke until I heard that Elton "fat fuck" John is also having a movie made about his dull life. Okay, that in itself is not bad until you hear the part where Justin Timberlake will be playing the part of Elton himself.

Still the actor from 'Fast Times' playing Alex over 25 years ago is so fucking stupid beyond belief (next to the untalented fuckwit from Sum 41) I mean, that dude must be in mid-40's by now.

bueno bob
10-19-2004, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Kristy
I thought that was some sort of a sick joke until I heard that Elton "fat fuck" John is also having a movie made about his dull life. Okay, that in itself is not bad until you hear the part where Justin Timberlake will be playing the part of Elton himself.

:confused:

Kristy
10-19-2004, 04:25 PM
No, it's true - according to the October 2004 issue of Q Magazine, which incidently also had an interesting review of 'Best Of Both Worlds.'

bueno bob
10-19-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Kristy
No, it's true - according to the October 2004 issue of Q Magazine

Now THAT'S pretty fucked up right there.

Although maybe he didn't exactly have to stretch his acting muscles to pull off Elton John...hmmm?...or is that "jerk" off rather than pull off...

:)