X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lode master
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Jun 2004

NEW VH ALBUM "Learn to Burn"

This may have been a Warner Brothers distribution screw up or nothing at all, but Best Buy has listed as coming soon (4/6/04) a CD by Van Halen called "Learn to Burn". Check the link.

Best Buy

Edit: Nevermind this post. It's just an Eddie guitar instructional CD/VHS released last April--still though it might be news to some of those posers out there.
    Last edited by Lode master; 10-14-2004, 10:50 PM.
  • Rikk
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

It's probably a nickname for something you have to learn how to do with the new cd.
    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• kcmusician
      Head Fluffer
      • Jul 2004

Hey, I'd love to learn how to play like Eddie.... He's still an awesome guitarist.

Shaun
      "'Cause stayin' 'round here takes patience It's like a full time occupation"

- Diamond Dave

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by kcmusician
        Hey, I'd love to learn how to play like Eddie.... He's still an awesome guitarist.

Shaun
        Get REALLY fucked up, chop your balls off.........hey you're halfway there!

Comment

• bueno bob
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

Yeah, I'd seen that "Learn to Burn" thing in music stores before...they usually have a lot of different artists on each CD, I've seen Vai, Satch, Malmsteen, Van Halen, Beck, et al...
          Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• sambo
            Sniper
            • Jun 2004

I have one of those vids from about 6 years ago?? It featured Curt Mitchell, and came out just after F.U.C.K.

It actually doesn't have full songs, just about 50 riffs from both eras, but focusing on Classic VH.

It shows a good deal...from the behind the nut rake at the beginning of "RWTD", to the divebomb/delay at the end of "Eruption" to the use of the MXR Flanger in Atomic Punk to the Wurlitzer Piano through the Marshall for" And the Cradle Will Rock"

Pretty cool actually, and Curt seems to pull a pretty good Early VH Tone
            Go home the Earth is full....

Comment

• bueno bob
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

Some of those "Learn to Burn" riffs have showed up on VH bootlegs as "original unaccompanied guitar solos"...if I'm not mistaken, "That's All Folks" has a few of them on it...
              Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• JCOOK

Ed just take your rig to the pawn shop... Do you have no dignity left?

Comment

• kcmusician
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by sambo
                  I have one of those vids from about 6 years ago?? It featured Curt Mitchell, and came out just after F.U.C.K.

It actually doesn't have full songs, just about 50 riffs from both eras, but focusing on Classic VH.

It shows a good deal...from the behind the nut rake at the beginning of "RWTD", to the divebomb/delay at the end of "Eruption" to the use of the MXR Flanger in Atomic Punk to the Wurlitzer Piano through the Marshall for" And the Cradle Will Rock"

Pretty cool actually, and Curt seems to pull a pretty good Early VH Tone
                  Yeah, I had that tape.... It was pretty cool....

Shaun

- Diamond Dave

Comment

• kcmusician
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
                    Get REALLY fucked up, chop your balls off.........hey you're halfway there!
                    You may not like the choices Eddie has made in the band, but even hinting that even on his worse night that he's not one of the greatest guitarists of all time is a bunch of BS.... And I kind of like my balls, so that isn't an option.

Shaun

- Diamond Dave

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by kcmusician
                      You may not like the choices Eddie has made in the band, but even hinting that even on his worse night that he's not one of the greatest guitarists of all time is a bunch of BS.... And I kind of like my balls, so that isn't an option.

Shaun
                      Ed in his prime is my favorite guitarist ever.........problem is he's been in Zombie mode for 2 decades.

Comment

• bueno bob
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
                        Ed in his prime is my favorite guitarist ever.........problem is he's been in Zombie mode for 2 decades.
                        It's truth. There's a reason he quit getting "Guitarist of the Year" awards from guitar magazine after Roth was gone...
                        Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• kcmusician
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Jul 2004

I understand, but my point is this.... Even in "Zombie Mode" he's still better than most guitarists out there today.... Atleast I think so anyway.

Shaun

- Diamond Dave

Comment

• JCOOK

Hey Ed I'll give you $20 for your rig and

Comment

• JCOOK

Hey Ed I'll give you $20 for your rig and a lesson

Comment

Working...