PDA

View Full Version : Brian young question? help

col5150
10-14-2004, 10:42 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows what bryan youngs main axe is i saw him in glasgow playing a green/yellow single pickup number with a white maple neck, anyone know what kind it was or hace a pic?

i reakon its a charvel it looked a real beauty.

anybody?

darkknight
10-14-2004, 11:12 PM
It's a Wayne guitar. There's a picture of it on Wayne Charvel's site. It actually has a single coil in the neck position too.

SoCalChelle
10-15-2004, 04:07 PM
From my interview with him:

Chelle: The techies among my readers would like to know what guitar/pickups/amp/etc you’re using on tour.

Brian: I have two main guitars. Mike Charvel, Wayne Charvel’s son, did most of the work on my guitars. I’m using Seymour Duncan pickups. One’s called a Custom Custom that I’m using. Floyd Rose tremolo, and it’s pretty basic. Got the D-Tuna thing on it. And then the amps I’m using are two Peavey 5150 II’s into two 100 watt Marshalls and into some power amps...there’s a Marshall 100 watt power amp and an H&H power amp to drive speakers on the other side of the stage. So it’s a lot of power going on. And then, I’m just using an MXR Phase 90, MXR flanger and a Boss digital delay and a Bad Horsey wah-wah pedal. And a Bradshaw switching system to switch all my effects.

Big Troubles
10-15-2004, 04:09 PM
I read that interview Chelle, nice work. He came across as a really cool guy too.

twonabomber
10-15-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by darkknight
It actually has a single coil in the neck position too.

i think that's a Sustainiac or whatever they call it. i could be wrong though.

SoCalChelle
10-15-2004, 04:11 PM
Thanks, glad you enjoyed it. He's a VERY cool guy. :)

darkknight
10-15-2004, 11:59 PM
It has a single coil sized humbucker. Probably a Lil 59 or JB Jr.

BrownSound1
10-16-2004, 02:29 AM
5150's, Marshalls....H&H power amp....Bradshaw switcher....MXR Phase 90 and an MXR flanger... Sounds very familiar. Leaves no doubt what tone he's going after, now does it. I remember Brian told me that the rig he uses with Dave is about twice the size of the one he used with the Punks. I'm actually surprised he's using the 5150's though...perhaps I'm more surprised that Dave allows a piece of equipment that bears Ed's name on stage. :D

diamond den™
10-16-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Brownsound1
5150's, Marshalls....H&H power amp....Bradshaw switcher....MXR Phase 90 and an MXR flanger... Sounds very familiar. Leaves no doubt what tone he's going after, now does it. I remember Brian told me that the rig he uses with Dave is about twice the size of the one he used with the Punks. I'm actually surprised he's using the 5150's though...perhaps I'm more surprised that Dave allows a piece of equipment that bears Ed's name on stage. :D

5150's are fucking cheap shit, toneless amps.

LickMyCream
10-17-2004, 08:47 AM
i've seen the punks, and Russ Parish used a 5150 as well. It sounded suprisingly dead on VHI. I did not expect that.

BrownSound1
10-18-2004, 12:57 AM
5150's are OK amps...not great. It is possible to muster some good tones out of it if you know what you're doing.