PDA

View Full Version : Dear Sheep You Will Never Get It Fuck You Roy!

JCOOK
10-15-2004, 01:48 AM
From time to time the sheep pen needs to be cleaned out so forgive me if you have heard this before,VAN HALEN is more than a band it is a way of life...an attitude...a philosiphy if you will.Those of you that are too young---or retarded may never get this concept.Its' not some cheezy has been fat ass retarded hillbilly and his band.It is so much more. Let yourself go and "listen" to VH and maybe you will get it.

VAN HALEN IS ... DAVID LEE ROTH, EDWARD VAN HALEN, ALEX VAN HALEN and MICHAEL ANTHONY period!

bueno bob
10-15-2004, 02:03 AM
True Dat! ~

bueno bob
10-15-2004, 02:04 AM
Worth a vote for ya, my man.

Dan
10-15-2004, 02:08 AM
Amen to that .Roth on.

TongueNGroove
10-15-2004, 04:18 PM
Half of the stuff on those old VH albums suck. I have every VH album ever made and while there are good songs on every one there is a lot of useless crap on those Roth era albums. Half of thier old tunes are just covers of other peoples music. And half of the original stuff is not that stellar.

From 5150 on though there is definately more listenable tunes on each and every album. There are a couple here and there that I don't like, but for the most part I can listen to every Hagar era CD straight thru without having to skip thru to "the good songs".

Both eras have some great songs and Eddie was definately more hardcore in the Roth days, but from 5150 on you are subjected to far fewer covers and a lot more listenable music.

JCOOK
10-15-2004, 04:31 PM
TNG What pic is that avatar from

BRANDON
10-15-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by TongueNGroove
Half of the stuff on those old VH albums suck. I have every VH album ever made and while there are good songs on every one there is a lot of useless crap on those Roth era albums. Half of thier old tunes are just covers of other peoples music. And half of the original stuff is not that stellar.

From 5150 on though there is definately more listenable tunes on each and every album. There are a couple here and there that I don't like, but for the most part I can listen to every Hagar era CD straight thru without having to skip thru to "the good songs".

you are a sheep loser, what a brianless prick.

Both eras have some great songs and Eddie was definately more hardcore in the Roth days, but from 5150 on you are subjected to far fewer covers and a lot more listenable music.

BARE BONE
10-15-2004, 04:41 PM
How did he get out?

Splooge
10-15-2004, 04:47 PM

Fak you are definately a homo, if not you are certainly a fag,

either that or you are deaf. Hello....are you deaf??? HELLO????

JCOOK
10-15-2004, 04:49 PM
They just dont' get it

CROWBAR
10-15-2004, 07:16 PM
tongue the asshole

I'd much rather listen to Dave & Eddie puttin' a new twist on a cover than listen to spammy spew cheesy love ballads!

With spam, they lost all previous greatness they once had.

You just don't get it or your fucking deaf! :heyfu:

TongueNGroove
10-15-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by JCOOK
TNG What pic is that avatar from

It's a pic I found on the net from the 5150 tour.
Eddie at his greatest.

JCOOK
10-15-2004, 08:32 PM
TNG: Just curious how old are you?

rustoffa
10-15-2004, 08:54 PM

100% of the stuff in your posts sucks...no, stinks. You have made the logistically impossible a reality. I'm telling you, it's putrid. I'm scrolling along and then *BOOM*..a stench that a two-ton maggot taking a shit after incubating in giant cat turds could be proud of.

From the first post, it was downhill sideways in a green cloud of antagonistic, shit-for brains, my daddy kicks my ass methane. Just fucking unreadable stinking shit that you immediately scroll through.

Fortunately for the viewing audience, you only have one era. You have, in short order, created a legacy of septic, nauseating, literary shit that continues to stink this board up.

Get back in the goddamned sheep pen and embrace your role as fertilizer.

TongueNGroove
10-15-2004, 09:06 PM
TNG: Just curious how old are you?

Old enough to know better, young enough not to care.

Splooge
10-15-2004, 09:30 PM
Old enough to know better, young enough not to care.

Your new name is Nancy, it's official, really!!:D

JCOOK
10-15-2004, 11:55 PM
Thats what I thought

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG!

Blacklisted
10-17-2004, 12:47 PM

From 5150 on though there is definately more listenable tunes on each and every album. There are a couple here and there that I don't like, but for the most part I can listen to every Hagar era CD straight thru without having to skip thru to "the good songs". Both eras have some great songs and Eddie was definately more hardcore in the Roth days, but from 5150 on you are subjected to far fewer covers and a lot more listenable music.

I started off in another thread by saying "5150 and Sammy Hagar are like cocksoup. Nobody wants to give it a chance" I failed to complete this statement. TongueNGroove has inspired me to make this statement more applicable. Here goes.

5150 and anything with Sammy Hagar is like cocksoup. Nobody wants to give it a chance and those that do must really love the cock.

DLR FUCKING RULES!

diamondsgirl
10-17-2004, 02:46 PM
[B] Half of thier old tunes are just covers of other peoples music.

a bit of an exaggeration, wouldn't you say??

and Van Halen did not just "cover" songs. They Van Halenized them.

Check out the original "You're No Good" and then play VH's. Not just your average cover song.

:cool:

scorpioboy33
10-17-2004, 03:00 PM
why come here than......tng?

kcmusician
10-17-2004, 03:35 PM
From time to time the sheep pen needs to be cleaned out so forgive me if you have heard this before,VAN HALEN is more than a band it is a way of life...an attitude...a philosiphy if you will.Those of you that are too young---or retarded may never get this concept.Its' not some cheezy has been fat ass retarded hillbilly and his band.It is so much more. Let yourself go and "listen" to VH and maybe you will get it.

VAN HALEN IS ... DAVID LEE ROTH, EDWARD VAN HALEN, ALEX VAN HALEN and MICHAEL ANTHONY period!

So what is it that you are trying to say? j/k :)

Shaun

kcmusician
10-17-2004, 04:06 PM

Well I think I can address this in a mature unbiased manner.... The Dave era was much more raw and intense. It was all about being in that moment in time.... Very aggressive. Some songs were better than others, but that's true with any band or artist. They did do some cover tunes, but it wasn't anywhere near to half of what they did as a total.

After Dave split, Eddie decided that he wanted to go commercial to reach a wider amount of people. That's where Sammy came in.... He was coming off of his biggest solo commercial hits, so it was just a no brainer that he would be the go to guy. The fact that Sammy was older seemed to add a maturity if you will to the later albums, something that really differed from the Dave years and is probably one of the main factors that Dave fans don't like this era.

So it's true that you can listen to a Van Hagar album straight through without skipping many tracks, but that's because they became a corporate band, instead of staying the "under ground" band that they were. Van Halen weren't signed because they had commercial sounding songs, they were signed because Eddie was the type of guitarist that the world had never seen, and Dave was a front man of the same caliber.

Back to Van Hagar.... I think after 5150, the band tried to make less of a commercial album with OU812.... If you listen to it, there are very few radio friendly songs.... But the over all sound was different that it had been on previous albums.

Then came F.U.C.K. and to this day, I think it is the closest thing to the first album Van Halen have done since.... Gone was the synth pop sound, back was the loud guitar rock.... I think Sammy did a good job on this album don't get me wrong, but if you added Dave to that album it would have felt right.

After that was Balance.... Balance is like Van Halen's "Women And Children First" because it is so over looked.... Again gone was the synth pop, and back was the rock guitar. And again, I think Sammy did a good job, but if Dave had been there it would have felt right.

And finally comes VH III.... What can be said about this that hasn't already been said? First of all, it's not Gary's fault.... It's hard enough to fill one person's shoes, but it's almost impossible to fill two pairs. Some of the songs were good, and so was the concert.... Gary sang like Sammy, and had the stage presence of Dave.... It was a pretty damn cool concert to see. It was the first time that I had ever head any of the classics played live.... And this brings me to a point. Everyone says how the band does not respect it's fans.... But the whole VH III tour played mostly the old standards, with a couple songs from the new album, and from Sammy.... They were playing these songs for the fans that missed them, and maybe for themselves because the missed them too....

With that said, I don't think it's impossible to see Van Halen back on stage with Dave again, but even if we don't we still have the songs. Van Halen from 1978 - 1996 were both good bands in their own rights, they were just VERY different from one another.

Shaun

Blacklisted
10-17-2004, 07:57 PM
Here is my mature unbiased manner:

5150 and anything with Sammy Hagar is like cocksoup. Nobody wants to give it a chance and those that do must really love the cock.

DLR FUCKING RULES!

Matt White
10-17-2004, 10:24 PM

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
There there little knipper, you'll get more Power Ballads and less rock soon enough!!!!

bueno bob
10-18-2004, 02:01 AM

Tell you what, Your Fagness, go jack off to this before your head explodes:

bueno bob
10-18-2004, 02:03 AM
Yup TiG...THERE'S the man that made Van Halen better... :rolleyes:

Here's a pic of you to go with...rest easy knowing that that dude above jacks off at night thinking about it:

bueno bob
And, finally, HERE is a picture of the only lead singer Van Halen ever had:

bueno bob
Now, before we go any further, do we have any fuckin' questions?

I didn't think so, fag.

jcook11
10-18-2004, 02:08 AM
BB...LMFAO! nuff said!

kcmusician
10-18-2004, 03:14 AM
Man, I go out of my way to write a long post about VH, and no one even says anything about it.... I'm NOT feeling the love here!

Shaun

bueno bob
10-18-2004, 03:16 AM
Just as long as you said "Dave or the Grave" somewhere in it, that's all that matters!

:D

Robonez
10-18-2004, 08:56 AM

So true!

diamondsgirl
10-18-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by kcmusician
Man, I go out of my way to write a long post about VH, and no one even says anything about it.... I'm NOT feeling the love here!

Shaun

Nice of you to go out of your way Shaun. It was a very thoughtful post. But personally, I fucking HATE Hagar and so I have trouble relating to most of what you said.

I do like this line though:

originally posted by kcmusician

Van Halen weren't signed because they had commercial sounding songs, they were signed because Eddie was the type of guitarist that the world had never seen, and Dave was a front man of the same caliber.

I agree with you there.

:cool:

diamondsgirl
10-18-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Robonez
So true!

really??:mad:

Matt White
10-18-2004, 12:49 PM
So true!

A man of questionable pedigree & upbringing.
Robonez,

Blacklisted
10-18-2004, 04:51 PM
I think Robonez and TongueNGroove have been too busy lately listening to When Its Love and toungin' each others assholes cause we all know where the real VH is at and it certiainly is not Van Hagar.

Fuck you both and your 5150 cause there is no contest DLR v. Spammy you little fucks.

DLR fucking RULES!

Robonez
10-19-2004, 02:42 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Blacklisted
I think Robonez and TongueNGroove have been too busy lately listening to When Its Love and toungin' each others assholes cause we all know where the real VH is at and it certiainly is not Van Hagar.

Fuck you both and your 5150 cause there is no contest DLR v. Spammy you little fucks.

DLR fucking RULES! [/QUOTE

That was a little confusing.
Is it the WhenItsLove-listening and AssTonguin' that has caused us to not know 'where' the real Van Halen is at?
And where is it that you think that they are?

Blacklisted
10-19-2004, 09:51 AM
I think my message was pretty clear. I do not feel the need to repeat myself.

DLR fucking RULES.

bueno bob
10-19-2004, 10:40 AM
So true! I AM gay!!

Blacklisted
10-19-2004, 10:42 AM
I fucking knew it. Just his whole thing of tounging assholes and listening to When It's Love was a dead give away.

DLR fucking RULES.