PDA

View Full Version : What the fuck is up with Eddie getting rid of sammys road crew.

Parnelly
10-15-2004, 11:10 AM
Bunch of fuckin babies those pricks are. Fuck them. They are nothing but a bag of shit unless DLR is rockin front and center.

DLR FUCKIN RULES!!!!!

ZahZoo
10-15-2004, 11:26 AM
It's bullshit... didn't happen.

Matt White
10-15-2004, 11:37 AM
"EVH woke up on the wrong side of the floor and decided to clean house. Natural reaction, a man can only take so much mediocrity before he snaps.

Bill Lumbergh
10-15-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by ZahZoo

Wonder who started that rumor.........I believe you though, I doubt that would happen. Everyone knows Ed can't make decisions anymore.

bueno bob
10-15-2004, 11:58 AM
Hard telling...I, for one, hope it DID happen, because I want all the animosity in the world between Ed and Sam :)

hard rock
10-15-2004, 12:03 PM
they must have been all loaded up on cabo tequila and eddie had to get rid of them. Its like they say out of sight out of mind. (thats what eddie was taught at betty ford)

Blacklisted
10-16-2004, 03:04 PM
I dont see why Eddie would get rid of Sammy's road crew. He should have done the right thing from the start and get rid of that fat fuck Spammy.

Christ.....

DLR RULES!

kcmusician
10-16-2004, 04:01 PM
Sammy's not fat.... Jani Lane is fat!

Shaun

bueno bob
10-16-2004, 04:34 PM
Jon Oliva (Savatage) puts them ALL to shame...that fuckers 400 pounds if he's 1... :)

Sir_Maelstrom
10-18-2004, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by kcmusician
Sammy's not fat.... Jani Lane is fat!

Shaun

Now, Now...let's be fair...you forgot "bald" too *snicker*

bueno bob
10-18-2004, 01:49 AM
Case in point....Jon Oliva of Savatage! :)

One FUCK of a musician, though...but big...

RogueHorseman
10-18-2004, 09:14 AM

I don't know if this specifically is true or not, but they did make massive cuts during the tour to trim costs. Including scaling the staging way back, which in turn cuts everything else down the line. Though perhaps not targeted, I would not be surprised if this knocked out a bunch of "sammy's guys" in the process.

ZahZoo
10-18-2004, 09:21 AM
Sam had two of his crew with him from the beginning and they are still on-board. Been verified by a couple of sources from what I've seen/heard.

It would figure he would only need 1 or 2 guys anyways... one to setup his rig and guitar for two songs and another to scrape the scum, tequilla and cheese off of his mic every night...

Cathedral
10-18-2004, 09:29 AM
I'll tell you whats wrong with Edward.....He had fans that gave a damn at one point.
Now, Van Halen is a lone punchline that lacks a joke.

RogueHorseman
10-18-2004, 12:29 PM
Sam had two of his crew with him from the beginning and they are still on-board. Been verified by a couple of sources from what I've seen/heard.

It would figure he would only need 1 or 2 guys anyways... one to setup his rig and guitar for two songs and another to scrape the scum, tequilla and cheese off of his mic every night...

Now, that's funny.

Still, I wonder who all had a say in the crew hired, and which "camp" those let go resided in.

Matt White
10-18-2004, 12:40 PM
Spammy telling his people they've been let go from the Sham Halen 2004 tour.

ZahZoo
10-18-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by RogueHorseman
Now, that's funny.

Still, I wonder who all had a say in the crew hired, and which "camp" those let go resided in.

All 2nd hand but I've heard Matt Bruck has been managing the overall deal on this tour. Kevin Dugan has been backline manager as well as still Mike's bass tech. Ed has the same guitar tech from the III tour, don't remember his name... Dugan had taken over as stage mgr for Spammy around the SuperBowl appearances in Houston. Given that VH had let go of pretty much their whole organization back in late 99/early 2000 I would imagine most of the crew today are new.

rustoffa
10-18-2004, 01:44 PM
Boy howdy, whoever they are the term "turd-polishers" comes to mind.

Viking
10-18-2004, 07:40 PM
I think Ed finally had enough of seeing Sam's roadies running around in paisley Capri pants, myself......:D

Parnelly
10-19-2004, 04:15 PM
I don't know if this specifically is true or not, but they did make massive cuts during the tour to trim costs. Including scaling the staging way back, which in turn cuts everything else down the line. Though perhaps not targeted, I would not be surprised if this knocked out a bunch of "sammy's guys" in the process.

This is the smartest thing ive heard on this forum with exception to
I dont see why Eddie would get rid of Sammy's road crew. He should have done the right thing from the start and get rid of that fat fuck Spammy.

DLR FUCKIN RULES!!!!!

bueno bob
10-19-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Parnelly

DLR FUCKIN RULES!!!!!

Ditto that...although wishing Hagar and Edward every animosity towards each other was pretty smart, too, you gotta admit :)

DLR_EngineRoom
10-20-2004, 07:27 PM
What the f*** is up with Eddie getting rid of sammys road crew.

You're right.....shoulda thrown Sammy off and partied with his crew...

Snow Ho
10-21-2004, 12:03 PM

DLR FUCKIN RULES!!!!!

yeah then they wouldn't need as much roadcrew to haul him around.