PDA

View Full Version : W Pulling Ahead In The Polls

alsip
10-15-2004, 02:14 PM
Check out rasmussenreports.com. Looks like W. is now increasing his lead
in the polls again, thank God.

Jerry Falwell
10-15-2004, 02:23 PM
I think that this was predicted, wasn't it?

ELVIS
10-15-2004, 02:25 PM
Yep...

FORD
10-15-2004, 02:39 PM
Polls are constantly up and down, and they're all based on fuzzy math. They mean nothing.

ELVIS
10-15-2004, 02:42 PM
Yes they do...

FORD
10-15-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Yes they do...

No they don't....

the only polls reliable will be exit polls taken on November 2. You know, the ones conveniently NOT taken in the 2000 elections.....

alsip
10-15-2004, 02:58 PM
Ford has a valid pt re. polls.

Let's hope Bush pulls ahead. The problem with Kerry is that he is completely an empty vessel, with a lack of candor and a total paucity of original thought or leadership skill. It is only because of the exceptionally weak Democratic field (other than Lieberman who lacks charisma or leadership skill, an important element of a president) challenging this incumbent president that this incredibly shallow man got as far as he did.

FORD
10-15-2004, 03:17 PM
Criticizing Lieberman??

You Jew Hater! :D

alsip
10-15-2004, 03:26 PM
Very funny, Ford!!!

While Lieberman is much more qualified than Kerry, he lacks charisma.

FORD
10-15-2004, 03:42 PM
Yeah, Joe bores the shit out of me too. He's also way too far to the right , for that matter. Howard Dean remains the best choice. And if Kerry fucks up as President, I'm gonna bust my ass to get Howard the nomination in 2008.

Big Train
10-15-2004, 04:25 PM
Ford,

What do you think about this? I have a hunch the Daily Show brought down Howard Dean, running the "Scream" over and over, which got picked up by the networks for ratings purposes.

As a Dem, why do you feel Dean got knocked out of contention when he was clearly the man on point?

Cathedral
10-15-2004, 04:51 PM
Howard Dean is the last man on this earth that will ever reside in the White House, he is not representative of what the majority would elect.

I agree that polls don't mean much because they don't represent a large enough mass of voters. The only one i care about is the one on election day.

Kerry is falling behind because of his remarks about Mary Cheney, you can believe that, and if he wants to try to put a stop to the decline i suggest he get in front of a camera and aplogize, pronto.

Edwards too, because both of them shot holes in their boat, and there is no land around for miles. the ship is sinking, and sinking fast.

Oh, and the way Bush was elected was legit because it is a legal provision to settle problems such as those that were evident.
The irony is that if your boy had won the same way you wouldn't be saying it was wrong.

Can you say "Partisan"?

FORD
10-15-2004, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Big Train
Ford,

What do you think about this? I have a hunch the Daily Show brought down Howard Dean, running the "Scream" over and over, which got picked up by the networks for ratings purposes.

As a Dem, why do you feel Dean got knocked out of contention when he was clearly the man on point?

It definitely was NOT the Daily Show. In fact I'm confident that Jon Stewart preferred Dean over Kerry himself. Did he use the scream? Of course he did. it's a comedy show. But it was the so called "legitimate" news shows deliberate repition of the "sonically enhanced" version of the scream that did the damage. And I believe the DLC, the Republicans and the media whores themselves all wanted Dean out of the way, so collusion between all three of those groups isn't out of the question.

Cathedral
10-15-2004, 05:03 PM
LOL, Now everyone is in cahoots with everyone?

Damn dude, you must be dizzy from all that spin, lol.

Cathedral
10-15-2004, 05:07 PM
I don't see how the "scream" had enough power alone to derail Howard.
I cannot honestly believe that his demise was from the scream alone.

That just seems silly to me, it was un-presidential, but damn.

Big Train
10-15-2004, 05:29 PM
Well the scream sealed it I think for many people. He seemed like a hothead, had a rep for being one and I think the scream just made him look stupid and crazy.

Collusion? I'm not so sure considering how at their throats the lib media and republicans are.

Why would the lib media want Dean out of the way if they want to kick some much republican ass?

ODShowtime
10-15-2004, 05:32 PM
Well the scream sealed it I think for many people. He seemed like a hothead, had a rep for being one and I think the scream just made him look stupid and crazy.

Agreed. Howard had a field day with Dean's whole rant. When they pranked an airline ticket reservation clerk and kept using Dean's words it was just too funny.

Mezro
10-15-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral

Dean was done long before the Scream.

Mezro...the fucked up world of politics; emotion can hurt you...

ELVIS
10-15-2004, 07:46 PM
The only problem with Dean was that he was more left that Kerry...

He's a liberal wacko.. nobody in their right mind would vote such a person into office...

The scream was nothing...

FORD
10-15-2004, 08:37 PM

Collusion? I'm not so sure considering how at their throats the lib media and republicans are.

Why would the lib media want Dean out of the way if they want to kick some much republican ass?

Because there is NO liberal media!

Do you realize that CNN has mysterious "technical difficulties" damn near every time they air a Kerry speech, or any other Democratic viewpoint. Never happens when the Chimp is on though.

Here are the ad running on MSNBC's website right now....
Help President Bush Beat Kerry

And ABC's CEO is the censoring fascist who tried to keep Fahrenheit 9-11 from being released.

There is NO Liberal Media.

Big Train
10-15-2004, 08:42 PM
THERE IS NOOOOOO LIBERAL MEDIA? C,mon now..

freak
10-15-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral

That just seems silly to me, it was un-presidential, but damn.

What de-railed Dean is the same thing that repeatedly de-railed Mondale.

Too left of center to be elected.

freak
10-15-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by FORD

There is NO Liberal Media.

Sure there isn't.

FORD
10-15-2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by freak
What de-railed Dean is the same thing that repeatedly de-railed Mondale.

Too left of center to be elected.

See, this proves how distorted and far from "liberal" that the media is.... that this myth of Dean being "too liberal" still exists.

The man was a pro-business fiscal conservative with an "A" rating from the NRA. 10 years ago he would have been considered a conservative Republican.

It's the neocon-BCE-hijacked GOP that has gone far to the extreme, not the Democrats. Although the fact that someone like Brad Carson could run as a Democrat proves that we aren't far behind :(

BigBadBrian
10-15-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by FORD

Bullshit. :gulp:

Cathedral
10-15-2004, 10:39 PM
No liberal media?
Ford, CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC...All they do is slam Bush and promote Kerry.
I have yet to see any support from either for Bush.

And I have yet to see any Technical Difficulties on my set, and i browse them all.

The only place, and i mean "only" place i see even debate for both sides is Fox News.
Sure there are more Conservative supporters on that network, but I don't see anything close to being Fair and Balanced provided on ANY other network.

Those Fuscia skies are awesome in your fantasy land aren't they Ford?

TongueNGroove
10-15-2004, 10:48 PM
The only poll that matters is the one taken on Nov-2. Make sure all you Bush Supporters vote.

ELVIS
10-15-2004, 10:57 PM
Maybe the BCE hijacked FORD's cable...