PDA

View Full Version : I Just Got Fucking Laid Off!

JCOOK
10-15-2004, 07:20 PM
Well about an hour ago I was told that after being with the same company for five years (Worked my way up from entry level to operations manager) that I was being "let go" due to downsizing.

Upside: More time to spend with the army
Downside: Next stop window"E"

THE FEW THE PROUD THE UNEMPLOYED!

Guitar Shark
10-15-2004, 07:42 PM
Sorry man. Still voting for Bush?

JCOOK
10-15-2004, 07:44 PM
YEP! Not his fault.

Rikk
10-15-2004, 07:44 PM
I'm sorry, JCOOK. That truly sucks. These are tough times, but don't let it hurt the ego the way laying off can sometimes do. Just remember it doesn't say a thing about you. You'll pick yourself back up right away.

Sucks, dude. Hope you're all right.

Splooge
10-15-2004, 07:50 PM
Don't fakking sign anything till we talk!!!!!

GAR
10-15-2004, 07:57 PM
Go Postal:

(Editors' Pick Oct. 2004: 225 grain .45 calibers, all you can carry)

Cathedral
10-15-2004, 08:03 PM
Been there, done that....NAFTA was my killer. :(

Dude, sorry to hear about your day. That sucks a big one but, on the other hand, you now have an opportunity to do better.

When one door shuts, another one opens.

I'm sending you my best Mojo right now, Good Luck!

JCOOK
10-15-2004, 08:05 PM
Thanks guys,I got a pretty decent severance package + two weeks vacation pay and my wife makes good money, I got a case of beer, a bag of weed,hell who knows maybe I'll kick roys' ass and take over until Daves' ready! Besides someone has to keep an eye on Ford for a while.

GAR
10-15-2004, 08:12 PM
If its become an import-based economy may I suggest 2 things that helped me earn my first gajillions:

- partnering with other ebayers to buy foreign products to split the shipping of overseas containers
- Chinese for Dummies
- Korean for Dummies

TongueNGroove
10-15-2004, 08:26 PM
Yer boss probably found out you hate Sammy.

JCOOK
10-15-2004, 08:29 PM
This is AMERICA the best fucking country on the planet, As long as you never stop giving 110 percent you'll make it... gotta get another beer and roll a fatty
By the way FUCK YOU roy

SweetSecrets
10-15-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by JCOOK
Well about an hour ago I was told that after being with the same company for five years (Worked my way up from entry level to operations manager) that I was being "let go" due to downsizing.

The good thing about bad days is...

they make the normal days in between kick ass! :D

Don't give up! You'll okay. Other companies will see and appreciate your persistence (At least, if this is the country I still hope it is).

Splooge
10-15-2004, 09:13 PM
Thanks guys,I got a pretty decent severance package + two weeks vacation pay and my wife makes good money, I got a case of beer, a bag of weed,hell who knows maybe I'll kick roys' ass and take over until Daves' ready! Besides someone has to keep an eye on Ford for a while.

Fak you got it made!!!

Seriously......enjoy yourself for a week or two, then

get the resume together, but give yourself some down time.

ashstralia
10-15-2004, 09:23 PM
This is AMERICA the best fucking country on the planet

ahem!!!!!!!!

Big Troubles
10-15-2004, 09:53 PM
:D Next to Murwillumbah, Australia right?

ashstralia
10-15-2004, 10:06 PM
g'day bt!
murwillumbah is a small town
(12000 or so) on the far north coast
of new south wales. it's not far from byron bay,
and it's fucking heaven.
i moved here a month ago, i work here and got sick
of the commute. (and petrol is up to $1.09 a litre!)

Big Troubles
10-15-2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by ashstralia
g'day bt!
murwillumbah is a small town
(12000 or so) on the far north coast
of new south wales. it's not far from byron bay,
and it's fucking heaven.
i moved here a month ago, i work here and got sick
of the commute. (and petrol is up to $1.09 a litre!)

cool to know. shitty about the gas price! I guess its expensive everywhere except Iraq? :D Its .90 cents/ltre here(Canada)
Sounds like a very nice place to live though. 12,000 people? Thats cozy! I love small towns.

JCOOK
10-15-2004, 11:39 PM
Again I thank all of you for your support Im' high as a kite and got VHII going. Not looking for sympathy but It really was weird.

Rikk
10-15-2004, 11:43 PM
Again I thank all of you for your support Im' high as a kite and got VHII going. Not looking for sympathy but It really was weird.

It's gonna be good. Blare that sucker and think of what you can do that'll be more enjoyable now.

McCarrens
10-15-2004, 11:50 PM
This is AMERICA the best fucking country on the planet, As long as you never stop giving 110 percent you'll make it... gotta get another beer and roll a fatty
By the way FUCK YOU roy

Jcook, you are awesome!

ELVIS
10-16-2004, 12:28 AM
Maybe they figured out you're a lazy dope head...;)

tobinentinc
10-16-2004, 12:38 AM
As long as you have the experience and credentials, you will have no problem finding a job.

YAWN
10-16-2004, 12:47 AM
That sucks ass, man. Glad to see you're not lettin' it kick yer tail, though, dude. Take a couple weeks to yourself and enjoy some family time. Fuck it; life gives ya lemons, you make a line of fuckin' Red Bull & Jager shots and tell the lemons to go fuck themselves!!!

Good luck, buddy... I'm sure everything'll work out just fine.

JCOOK
10-16-2004, 01:02 AM
Hey Elvis maybe you're right may be if I stop smoking weed and.....
Fuck that shit!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE

Dan
10-16-2004, 01:24 AM
Sorry to hear about your job JCOOk,plenty of work down here in New Zealand and BTW..the Woman outnumber the men.
Best of luck finding work and roll me a big fat joint aswell.

JCOOK
10-16-2004, 02:12 AM
Done!.... Again thanks for all your kind words Thats' what makes this such a great site,We might disagree on a lot of things but when it comes down to it we all agree....

FUCK YOU roy!
In the words of Matt White"DAVE OR THE GRAVE"

bueno bob
10-16-2004, 04:01 AM
I know your pain, dude. Microsoft sent my job out to India because somebody out there was willing to do what I did for $5 an hour...been sitting on my ass ever since looking for non-existant opportunites...

:rolleyes:

Of course, I can blame good ole Bill Gates for that, greedy bastard :)

Good luck with the job hunt.

scorpioboy33
10-16-2004, 08:18 AM
sorry for you luck pal :(

stilleddiesangel
10-16-2004, 09:54 AM
Hop things go well for ya and an even better job wings it's way to you soon. Keep smiling. :)

stilleddiesangel
10-16-2004, 09:54 AM
Hope things go well for ya and an even better job wings it's way to you soon. Keep smiling. :)

jcook11
10-17-2004, 06:10 AM
Hey guys ...Rolled into the "Inbred Empire"a couple hours ago (Thats where a certain fat retarded toothless hillbilly that fronts a band that used to be called Mamoth is from.) This place sucks,but I'm spending q.t.with my family.......Sorry about the use of q.t.

ODShowtime
10-18-2004, 08:45 AM
Jcook, normally I'm not one to discourage rolling fatties, but maybe you want to be a little low-key while you look for jobs. They all think it's their business what's in your blood stream these days...

Anyway, keep your head up.

ThrillsNSpills
10-18-2004, 04:08 PM
Hmmm.....you didn't work for Sammy's road crew, did ya?

sorry. good luck bro. Chin up

kcmusician
10-18-2004, 04:46 PM

Sorry to hear that man.... It happened to me in 2002, and it was a pain.... You'll pull through!

Shaun

DrGrafenberg
10-19-2004, 04:00 AM
http://www.oddtodd.com/index2.html

DrGrafenberg
10-19-2004, 04:17 AM
Hadn't watched these in a while, forgot there was a Van Halen tune at the end of this one...
http://www.oddtodd.com/hw.html
Can't work out if Oddtodd likes rock music or if he's taking the piss?
Anyway this site is WELL fun-ay!

Panamark
10-19-2004, 07:47 AM
Ah fuckit...

They didnt deserve you anyway.

diamond den™
10-19-2004, 09:01 AM

You should be telling us all that you got Laid instead of talking about getting Laid Off from your Job.

:(

Cathedral
10-19-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by diamond den™
You should be telling us all that you got Laid instead of talking about getting Laid Off from your Job.

:(

What the fuck do you know about a job, other than you don't have one?

YOU should be telling your wife you got one after you actually go out and get one. or does that interfere with your drinking schedule?

You're pathetic dude.

Nickdfresh
10-27-2004, 12:44 AM
I am sorry to here that dude 'cause I'm in the same boat. Losing your job sucks but unemployment is goooood! Keep your head high.

JCOOK
10-27-2004, 01:55 AM
Thanks guys like I said I got a pretty decent severance package ...and my wife is VERY supportaive just because things I've done for her in the past.I haven't had a vacation in five years, this after working twelve to forteen hours a day.This is still America, if you apply yourself day in and day out you can't help but make it!

JCOOK
10-27-2004, 01:57 AM
Besides the BCE has told me I have to keep my eye on FORD for a while.