PDA

View Full Version : Duelfer: 'A lot of material left Iraq and went to Syria'

lucky wilbury
10-16-2004, 01:12 AM
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=40946

Duelfer: 'A lot of material left Iraq and went to Syria'
Iraq Survey Group head does not rule out Saddam's transfer of WMD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: October 16, 2004
1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

At a Senate Armed Services Committee hearing Oct. 6, Charles Duelfer, an adviser to the CIA, did not rule out Saddam's transfer of Iraqi missiles and weapons of mass destruction to Syria, reports Geostrategy-Direct, the global intelligence news service.

Duelfer agreed that a large amount of material had been transferred by Iraq to Syria before the March 2003 war.

"A lot of materials left Iraq and went to Syria," Duelfer said. "There was certainly a lot of traffic across the border points. We've got a lot of data to support that, including people discussing it. But whether in fact in any of these trucks there was WMD-related materials, I cannot say."

The Iraq Survey Group, headed by Duelfer, said Russia, Syria, Jordan and other arms suppliers were paid from Iraqi oil revenues.

A CIA report, authored by the Iraq Survey Group, identified Russia and Syria atop a list of 12 arms suppliers to Iraq until the U.S.-led war against Baghdad started in March 2003.

The report listed Russia and Syria above North Korea — regarded as the leading missile proliferator to the Middle East — as leading suppliers to Baghdad.

Jordan was the third largest supplier of weapons to Iraq.

After Jordan came Belarus, China, India, North Korea, South Korea, Bulgaria, Yugoslavia, Ukraine, France, Romania and Turkey. The report said these countries were involved in both "weapons of mass destruction and arms-related procurement."

The report said Saddam diverted money from the U.N. oil-for-food program to pay for both conventional and nonconventional weapons and components.

The report said state-owned companies in Russia and Syria defied U.N. sanctions and supplied weapons and platforms to Baghdad. The report said Syria also served as the leading route for illegal arms supplies from Europe and other countries.

Several of Iraq's neighbors were said to have joined in the secret military effort to aid Baghdad. The report — based on interviews with senior Iraqi officials and 40 million pages of documents and classified intelligence — cited Jordan and Turkey as leading suppliers to the Saddam regime.

Cathedral
10-16-2004, 01:26 AM
Yeah, and in true ignorance, we will continue fighting across party lines, biting the ankles of those who stand tall, and dividing our country even more.

Then *BOOM*, a Major city gets leveled with the jet stream carrying radiation in whatever direction the wind blows.

United we stand, divided we surely fall.
Our eyes are off the target and that is a deadly mistake.

Does nobody even care where the weapons we knew Saddam had went, or if they were destroyed?

This is an issue far more important than anything right now.

FORD
10-16-2004, 01:28 AM
So did Likud completely take over Fascist Net Daily or what?

Syria is not a threat to the United States. Wasn't before. Isn't now.

Cathedral
10-16-2004, 01:34 AM
Syria doesn't have to be involved for terrorists to take weapons there.
It is already clear that they are just minding their own business.

Hell, they're crossing into Iraq FROM Syria and they seem not to know anything about that.

You have to admit, Ford, This scenario is possible. And while we are concerned about an election, and days pass, they could be poised to fuck us ON election day.

Hell, just the other day they reported that 25 Chechen Terrorists crossed over the border into America.

I am starting to get a little nervous with all the little things going on under the radar.

FORD
10-16-2004, 01:50 AM
Chechen terrorists??

What a load of crap.

Chechens want independence from Russia. They don't give a shit about America one way or the other.

Dude, you can't be that gullible. What motivation would a bunch of Chechen peasants have for coming all the way over here? And how the Hell would they pay for the airfare?

It just doesn't add up.

ODShowtime
10-16-2004, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral
This is an issue far more important than anything right now.

Then why isn't the president talking about it?

ODShowtime
10-16-2004, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Chechen terrorists??

What a load of crap.

Chechens want independence from Russia. They don't give a shit about America one way or the other.

Dude, you can't be that gullible. What motivation would a bunch of Chechen peasants have for coming all the way over here? And how the Hell would they pay for the airfare?

It just doesn't add up.

I thought about that but never said anything out loud. I don't think the US has ever fucked over Chechnya. Seems they are locked in a death embrace with Russia. They don't have the time or resources to attack America, and it would only strengthen Washington's support for Putin's policies.

lucky wilbury
10-16-2004, 03:04 AM
1. syria is and always has been a threat to the usand has been on the state dept list of nations that sponser terror for YEARS. they are the primary backers of hamas

2.a lot of people in chechnya are ARABS not native chechens. most of the 19 highjackers that came here either went to,were on there way to or were diverted from chechnya. chechnya is an al quada training ground and always has been. most of the techniques that they tried there have made they way to iraq

ODShowtime
10-16-2004, 12:47 PM
To me, without a great understanding of Iraqi-Syrian relations, it would make good sense that WMDs were tranfered to Syria since Saddam had enough time before we attacked. So why couldn't we get any intel about it or stop it in anyway while it was going on? Couldn't we have had some intelsats stationed around the border? What about Mossad? They were clueless too?

Jesus Christ
10-16-2004, 12:50 PM
The ways of Mossad are so treacherous that they sometimes make Me ashamed to be a Jew :(

Big Train
10-16-2004, 01:54 PM
I agree with Lucky about the Russian situations. The majority of the terrorists who held up that school in Russia a month or so ago were arabs.

Nobody can rule out that the transfer of material happened, or that it isn't buried somewhere in that desert. I'm sure they are working on finding it and that the NSA is doing sat passes constantly on it to find out what they can. The big problem with our human intel in this part of the world is that the agencies have a drastic shortage of people who can play the part, which is unlike Europe, where throwing a white guy in is easy.

ODShowtime
10-16-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Big Train
I agree with Lucky about the Russian situations. The majority of the terrorists who held up that school in Russia a month or so ago were arabs.

Nobody can rule out that the transfer of material happened, or that it isn't buried somewhere in that desert. I'm sure they are working on finding it and that the NSA is doing sat passes constantly on it to find out what they can. The big problem with our human intel in this part of the world is that the agencies have a drastic shortage of people who can play the part, which is unlike Europe, where throwing a white guy in is easy.

So we need to assume that the Arabs and Chechans have formed a true joint venture? Maybe they were Arabs that were traced from Chechnya that supposedly entered Mexico. I guess their nationality really doesn't matter if trained terrorists go into then country.

You're right about the importance of human intel and our lack of it. I can't believe we have found ourselves in this position.

Big Train
10-16-2004, 06:48 PM
Umm, the position came to us. We are also in this position because of anti-war types in the goverment and their isolationist policies. Nothing was in place before 9/11 and it is much harder now. We didn't really want to get involved, let's just watch from the sats....right? You can't have it both ways...

I would say it is fair to assume that, if you choose to. It's not like they were strangers, at least since the 79' afghani conflict (YES FORD, we know about UBL). They are all in a similar part of the world, with similar beliefs. Not only that, who knows if any of that matters. They could just be starving mercenaries just trying to make a meal, who cares who and why they are fighting. Who knows at this point.

FORD
10-16-2004, 07:55 PM
Or it could be all made up bulllshit by a pathetic gang of thugs trying to give themselves a chance at being "re"elected despite a dismal failure of a fraudministration.

Big Train
10-18-2004, 12:58 AM
Spin the plate when your current theory shows no logic ford...