PDA

View Full Version : The 2002 Sammy Vs. Dave Tour

Johnny Alucard
10-16-2004, 12:22 PM
This was a fantastic tour. There was an electricity in the air, that I had not felt in a couple of years. There was a near sold out stadium, and Cabo-Wabo signs everywhere. I stuck to Jack Daniels. And I was wearing my "Eat em & Smile" shirt, no doubts who I was there to see. Sammy took the stage and a friend of mine had somehow begged a DJ friend of his for 7th row seats, so we shared them with some other buddies, and enjoyed the last 25 minutes of Sammy Hagar in yellow pajamas having two Hooters waitresses serve him "Waboritas" while he encouraged us all to get it at "liquor stores everywhere" It looked like a big commercial. He played "Right Now" and "I cant drive 55" and some other Van Hagar stuff, and it was "ok"...The sun was still up, when he said "Thank you, Goodnight, drink Cabo Wabo TEQUILLLAAA!!!"

Then the sun started going down. Darkness fell. Remember the scene in 1976's King Kong when the natives had a scantily clad Jessica Lange and were about to sacrifice her to their God, and were having a torch lit ceremony, chanting "KONG, KONG" over and over again, while ceremonial drums and flutes and horns played in the background as the natives danced themselves into a frenzy? It was like that except the natives were screaming "ROTH ROTH!!!" and you knew that Sammy Hagar was out of there.

Finally, after way too many Jack and cokes, I was talking to ironically, an old high school girlfriend, and the lights go down....the Crowd ERUPTED and we made an impromptu decision to make it to the front. So as the crowd was screaming as a purple clad Dave, wearing painted on latex started dancing around to "Hot for Teacher" we were jumping fences and gates, and made it to about row 8 when it got too crazy, and she all of a sudden said "I've got to get back to my husband" And I somehow didnt mind.

Dave, come back and show up Van Hagar.

bueno bob
10-16-2004, 04:40 PM
Nice story :)

guwapo_rocker
10-16-2004, 07:22 PM
19 days till Dave in Orillia, Ontario, Canada!!!

tobinentinc
10-16-2004, 11:00 PM
The crowd roared: "Dave!" "Dave!" "Dave!" "Dave!" While Spermy was singing.

DLRdelight!
10-17-2004, 01:34 AM
Man how i wish i could see dave, just once would be great

interceptor
10-17-2004, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
19 days till Dave in Orillia, Ontario, Canada!!!

Cool pic guwapo!! I'm counting down about 20 more days till the Mystic Lake, MN show!! Can't wait:)

jcook11
10-17-2004, 09:40 AM
DAVE ORTHE GRAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jcook11
10-18-2004, 01:00 AM
It just doesn't seem right to see Dave without Ed

Blacklisted
10-18-2004, 01:07 AM
I dunno I think I could rock out hard to Yankee Rose, Tabacco Road, and Perfecting Timing.

It would be stellar to see the DLR with VH but I could settle for someone else playing the old VH tunes cause Eddie usually fucks them up anyways.

DLR fucking RULES!

bueno bob
10-18-2004, 01:59 AM
SWEET PIC!

Gotta get me a pair of those pants!

:)

jcook11
10-18-2004, 03:07 AM
I love that the sheep have no concept of what we are discussing

bueno bob
10-18-2004, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by jcook11

Just tell them it's battle language...they'll be trying to decode it for months...

diamondsgirl
10-18-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Alucard
Then the sun started going down. Darkness fell. Remember the scene in 1976's King Kong when the natives had a scantily clad Jessica Lange and were about to sacrifice her to their God, and were having a torch lit ceremony, chanting "KONG, KONG" over and over again, while ceremonial drums and flutes and horns played in the background as the natives danced themselves into a frenzy? It was like that except the natives were screaming "ROTH ROTH!!!" and you knew that Sammy Hagar was out of there.

great post! Glad you enjoyed the show.

I saw him in 2002 and 2003, I swear he just gets better.

I am sooo jealous of all you folks going to the upcoming shows!!!

Dave needs to get his ass back here in 2005!

diamondsgirl
10-18-2004, 10:38 AM
Yes, I love the black and white Diamond pants!!!

interceptor
10-18-2004, 04:02 PM
It just doesn't seem right to see Dave without Ed

After about hearing 10 seconds of Hot Fot Teacher as Dave begins his show, you'll forget about Ed. DLR's band is stellar. Don't get me wrong, Ed is Ed and we all miss classic VH, but Ray Luzier and Brian Young (along with the Diamond One, of course) do nothing but TOTAL JUSTICE to the music...they are fantasic musicians, and the show is awesome.

diamondsgirl
10-18-2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by interceptor
After about hearing 10 seconds of Hot Fot Teacher as Dave begins his show, you'll forget about Ed. DLR's band is stellar. Don't get me wrong, Ed is Ed and we all miss classic VH, but Ray Luzier and Brian Young (along with the Diamond One, of course) do nothing but TOTAL JUSTICE to the music...they are fantasic musicians, and the show is awesome.

:cool:

Blacklisted
10-18-2004, 04:57 PM
DLR fucking RULES!

Keep in mind ass this is the Roth army. Not the Van Halen army. There is more to Dave than just the VH. Obviously the VH kicks so much ass but Dave has a career outside of Eddie and you should fucking keep that in mind.

Terry
10-18-2004, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by interceptor

Young out-Eddies EVH in terms of playing the classic licks, and Luzier (while not a note-for-note AVH copy) does bring the rhythm alive.

Justice, indeed.

Excellent post!