rockstars weve met and what they are really like!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • singerman
    Head Fluffer
    • Jan 2004

rockstars weve met and what they are really like!!

just thought this might be interesting.....anyone met any rockstars and they have or havent turned out how you expected them to be!....a friend of mine met bruce dickinson from iron maiden and he turned out to be a totally rude cunt....but steve harris (whos band it is) couldnt be nicer!....he even went round to steves house and travelled to Donnington 1988 on the tour bus with him!,steve can still be seen to this day popping into the 'Ruskin Arms' pub that maiden used to play at in the early days!
  • diamond den™

Re: rockstars weve met and what they are really like!!

Originally posted by singerman
    just thought this might be interesting.....anyone met any rockstars and they have or havent turned out how you expected them to be!....a friend of mine met bruce dickinson from iron maiden and he turned out to be a totally rude cunt....but steve harris (whos band it is) couldnt be nicer!....he even went round to steves house and travelled to Donnington 1988 on the tour bus with him!,steve can still be seen to this day popping into the 'Ruskin Arms' pub that maiden used to play at in the early days!
    Ok......I have met a couple of Rockstars and also one well known actor.

In 1995, I met Nick Berry the actor from Eastenders and Heartbeat. He is alot bigger than he looks on TV. A pal and me were in a Pub in Sheppard's Bush in London. He was a really nice, down to earth guy, very friendly etc.

This April, I met guitarist George Lynch of Dokken at Northern Lights, New York. He seemed like an ok guy but he was a bit pissed off with how the gig he played. He was opening for Yngwie Malmsteen and he sound problems for most of his performance. He signed alot of autographs and pictures and even a guitar for someone.

All in All, a nice guy.

In June of this year I met 2 of the members of Cheap Trick, Bun E. Carlos their drummer and Rick Neilson their Guitarist, Main Songwriter and Leader and Frontman.

Bun E. Carlos was a pretty cool, very friendly etc.

As for Rick Neilson.......It is the HONOR of my LIFE to meet him. The guy is a fucking LEGEND, A GENIUS and one of the NICEST people I have ever met in my entire life.

Rick Neilson oozes Class and Integrity. His 2 daughters were with him. He talked to alot people when my wife Susie Q(She posts here as well) met him. The venue we saw him play at doesn't sell Booze so there were alot of young kids there with their parents, Rick had pictures took with EVERYONE there, signed his autograph on Record, CD and DVD covers.

Comment

• diamondsgirl
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Apr 2004

Not exactly a rock star per se, but Kip Winger is a pretty decent guy. I always thought he'd be cocky, but he wasn't.
      The band stayed for a few nights at a hotel I worked at. The nicest guy in the band was his drummer Rod Morgenstein. Just so friendly and cool. He brought candy to the employees. I thought that was nice.
      “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Well, I've got a throwback "rockstar" for ya...

Back in the early '80's in this great rock club in Tokyo (Akasaka to be specific, right Cato ??) called Byblos, I met the blond-haired dude in the band Angel, who had a big hit album in '78 called White Hot ....LOL, I had to do a Google search for his name, Punky Meadows....

Anyway, while walking around looking for that night's Japanese black leather skirt-wearing Headbanger, I was walking toward this dude with a white jacket with huge black spots....

So in my state of drunkeness (I know, not VA !!! ), I approached him and said "dude, you've got to be in a band".... He said he used to be in the band Angel (they disbanded in '81), and I remembered "oh yeah, White Hot !! Great fucking album dude !!"....

So we bullshitted for a few minutes, just two Americans in the middle of Tokyo, pounded down a drink, and watched the trim walk all around us.....

Great night....
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• diamondsgirl
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
          Well, I've got a throwback "rockstar" for ya...

Back in the early '80's in this great rock club in Tokyo (Akasaka to be specific, right Cato ??) called Byblos, I met the blond-haired dude in the band Angel, who had a big hit album in '78 called White Hot ....LOL, I had to do a Google search for his name, Punky Meadows....

I remember Punky having dark brown hair. He was a hottie.

“Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Shit, I forgot the album !!!!

All I know is that his hair was blond that night !!!!
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• pete
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

"Punky's Whips" - by ZAPPA

is hilarious

all about punky

Comment

• McCarrens
                Foot Soldier
                • May 2004

Well, he's not really a rocker, but interviewed Ron Jeremy, and then later we happened to see each other at a restaurant and we hung out. He was pretty cool, but he dropped celebrity names like they were going out of style. Still...the amount of ass that line dup to meet him was extraordinary.

I also interviewed the guys from Sister Hazel, but that really wasn't even that big a thing.

I also met comedian Stephen Lynch, but I doubt any of y'all know who he is.

I have more, but that's it for now.
                "The security around the hotel was ridiculous. This chick was pounding and screaming at my door until four or five in the morning....finally I said fuck it, and let her out of the room"

Comment

• McCarrens
                  Foot Soldier
                  • May 2004

Oh, yeah, I also met osm eof the guys from Lynard Skynard for an interview. Though only (I think) one was in the original band, they were all pretty cool.
                  "The security around the hotel was ridiculous. This chick was pounding and screaming at my door until four or five in the morning....finally I said fuck it, and let her out of the room"

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                    Shit, I forgot the album !!!!

All I know is that his hair was blond that night !!!!
                    Roth's hair has gone the spectrum as well.

Comment

• rustoffa
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

Willie Nelson stood outside of his bus 'til the last customer was served and it was quite a line.

I've got a few more but one that sticks out is L7.

I'm a big fan and they were exactly what you would expect. Crazed, genuine, punk rock chicks with intellect a-plenty.

I was pretty much star struck when I met Donita, and she was all like, "aw...what's your name baby, I ain't gonna hurt ya".

LMAO

Comment

• lms2

Johnny Cash was among the most memorable famous people I've met. I was only four at the time. But, he made a very lasting impression.

Stan the Man Stasiac was also pretty cool... even though I was not a big fan of his at the time...

Grateful Dead... after their prime time... friendly enough guys...

Comment

• Fairwrning
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

ive met a shit load..honestly...worked as a bellhop( ouit laughin)at the marriott here...christ..i have to think..mind you..didnt really have any deep conversations with many..Billy Gibbons is cool as hell..David Coverdale is a prick..Def Leppard are cool cept Savage is arrogant..David lee Roth was pretty much an ass honestly..told the story before..he was cool AFTER the show when he left the hotel..lesser knowns i can remember..Heart/Night Ranger/Starship/

all i can remember..lots of pro wrestlers..thats another thread

Comment

• rustoffa
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by fairwrning
                            David lee Roth was pretty much an ass honestly..told the story before..he was cool AFTER the show when he left the hotel..lesser knowns i can remember..Heart/Night Ranger/Starship/

all i can remember..lots of pro wrestlers..thats another thread
                            Damn, wasn't that awhile back? I remember the story.

I've got some wrassler anecdotes as well....that needs a thread.

Comment

• MightyVanAaron
                              Full On Cocktard
                              • Mar 2004

I've met Dave 2x he was kind of an ass at first but warmed up to me after I bought him a shot of Jack he was like one of my buddies after that.

Jenna Jameson-OK shorter and fatter legs than she looks elsewhere.

Christina Aguilera-shorter and way hotter than you think in person.

Brittany Spears-She has the back and neck of a competitive swimmer not that hot.

Fred Durst-Cool and way smaller in person

MC Hammer- very cool

Steven Tyler-one of the coolest celebrities I've ever met. He loves his fans.

Magic Johnson-very cool.

Dave Mustaine-prick he tried to stare down my hot girlfriend one time. She didn't know who he was and thought he was very creepy. I agreed.

Brigitte Neilson- very cool smoking hot in the early nineties

Comment

Working...