PDA

View Full Version : reunion

franksters
10-22-2004, 11:16 AM
I really don't give a flying fuck about a reunion anymore...

it would be lovely to see the sister get another morron like extreme ...

and funny to see them crawl.!!

as for Dave he should keep doing what he's workin on right now and he can rise again on his own...

who needs sisters when your name is David lee roth and you have an army of dedicated supporters around this great big world!!

fuck the sisters

long live to dlrband!!!

thepunisher
10-22-2004, 11:36 AM
I'd like any kind of news at this point. A reunion is what I would really want. I don't think it will happen, but there's always hope. Suppose thats why I play the lottery.

guwapo_rocker
10-22-2004, 11:42 AM
I'd still like to see an album and tour with Dave, the sisters and

bass player smurf!!

Carmine
10-22-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
I'd still like to see an album and tour with Dave, the sisters and

bass player smurf!!

Ditto!

franksters
10-22-2004, 11:48 AM
Would you really want the king of style to associate with these guys?

franksters
10-22-2004, 11:49 AM
I don't wanna see that anymore...

diamondsgirl
10-22-2004, 01:03 PM
As much as I would personally love to see them play together, I think a reunion at this point would make Dave look like second fiddle.

bueno bob
10-22-2004, 01:09 PM
Dave rejoining...playing the lottery...

OK, that decides it, if David ever goes back, I'm buying Powerball tickets!

famac
10-22-2004, 03:15 PM
If they couldn't get along with that ass kisser Sammy, how could they possible last with fiercly independent Roth?

bueno bob
10-22-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by famac
If they couldn't get along with that ass kisser Sammy, how could they possible last with fiercly independent Roth?

By coming to the realization that a DLR fronted Van Halen is the only Van Halen that's even relevant, anymore.

franksters
10-22-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
As much as I would personally love to see them play together, I think a reunion at this point would make Dave look like second fiddle.
I totally agree with you Diamond Girl!!

franksters
10-22-2004, 04:39 PM
van halen will never be the way it was before because of those 3 old geezer and there love of ballad and boring anthem...

PUT THIS IN YOUR HEAD!@#$

Anyway viva the new and improve DLR!!

rustoffa
10-22-2004, 09:04 PM
There's only one way to say goodbye, and the clock is tickin'.

Whether it happens or not, van hagar is headed for the ol' "sidenote" bin in the history books.

If you think the Roth era VH sounds good now, just give it a few years.

Philosophers, theologians, and cynical, ass-fucked critics will eventually compare "dreams" to "we built this city".

POJO_Risin
10-22-2004, 09:09 PM
IS ANY VAN HALEN RELEVANT ANYMORE???

Of course to us...

but let's face facts...

Ed's taken about 500 dumps on the legacy...

and there's no digging through all that shit...at this point...

HELLVIS
10-22-2004, 09:10 PM
AMEN!

POJO_Risin
10-22-2004, 09:10 PM
WE Built this city...lmfao...do you think it will even reach that "pantheon?"

Splooge
10-22-2004, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa

Philosophers, theologians, and cynical, ass-fucked critics will eventually compare "dreams" to "we built this city".

I don't know whether to laugh or throw up!!

rustoffa
10-22-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Splooge
I don't know whether to laugh or throw up!!

Just be vewy careful if it's simultaneous....LMAO!

MAX
10-22-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl

What makes you think that hon? Dave would definitely be the main draw and the center of attention. The media would most definitely be more drawn to him then the other three fuckbuckets. ;) I think people would finally remember what VH was/is. However, I don't know if I want to see Dave with those tools again cos they are the one's whove soley tarnished the image and Dave has always shined like a diamond (much like yourself ;) ) throughout the fiasco.

rustoffa
10-22-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
WE Built this city...lmfao...do you think it will even reach that "pantheon?"
:D

POJO_Risin
10-22-2004, 09:45 PM
Dave WILL NEVER be a second fiddle in any incarnation of Van Halen...including versions THAT HE'S NOT IN...

He'll always be the top dog...period...

lms2
10-22-2004, 09:51 PM
Agreed! Besides, if Dave were to come back the old fans, new fans, and general public would again be reminded/introduced of what real rock and roll is all about. The term "showmanship" would take on new meaning. Ed would learn how to play guitar again, Alex would f*ckin smile once in a while, and Mikey would keep on being Mikey, but it would seem like he suddenly had style. If this sham of a tour has lasted this long, imagine what the real deal could do.

MAX
10-22-2004, 09:52 PM
Agreed Pojo!!!!

You know what's funny? I heard more common folk who know how big of a Halen-Head that I am comment or mention Dave with the Boston Pops than the sham tour. As I've mentioned earlier, when the Van Hagar reuinion rolled through SLC there were OVER 20,000 tickets available and they sold under 9,000. Justice and props to my city for not buying the horseshit of a tour.

POJO_Risin
10-22-2004, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by lms2
Agreed! Besides, if Dave were to come back the old fans, new fans, and general public would again be reminded/introduced of what real rock and roll is all about. The term "showmanship" would take on new meaning. Ed would learn how to play guitar again, Alex would f*ckin smile once in a while, and Mikey would keep on being Mikey, but it would seem like he suddenly had style. If this sham of a tour has lasted this long, imagine what the real deal could do.

I don't know that any of this would be true...

Ed has done a deed that not even the great Roth can bring this band out of...

Yeah...there would be a buzz...

but remember...to the "general public," it's just another reunion for Van Halen that would probably blow the fuck up in their face...

I'm not saying that's a fact...but how it would be perceived...

and I don't think any of those other Halen egos would pull their heads out of their asses...including Mikey...who may be gone if Sam is shitcanned...

The real deal would be fantastic for the old school...but past that? The blip on the radar disappeared for good about a year ago when Hagar rejoined...

was faint after 2000 when Ed failed to call Roth back...

fuck it...it's done...VH will NEVER make a splash again...it just won't happen...even with Roth...

not because it isn't good...but because it won't be taken seriously...unless it lasts...and even then...I doubt it...

POJO_Risin
10-22-2004, 10:58 PM
The new tour is a joke...end of story...

ALinChainz
10-22-2004, 11:00 PM
Fuck the general public.

And there would be me ... with a major BUZZ.

Watching to see the look on the sisters faces when the attendence is way up and the crowds are electric ... and no bullshit Hagar era nothing.

I'm for a reunion.

POJO_Risin
10-22-2004, 11:06 PM
Well...who the fuck knows at this point Al...and I do care about the general public with this for this reason...

1996...when Roth walked out...and the crowd went ballistic...you see...that's what it could have been...and that's gone bro...gone...

Yeah...we'll all know the real deal...but Van Halen was always more than that...

POJO_Risin
10-22-2004, 11:08 PM
Now...the name means nearly nothing because of the travesty of Edward and his jackass fucking brother...

what a fucking waste...

just imagine...if you will...what SHOULD have happened 8 years ago...

and this all would be a fucking mute point...

but it's done...it's over...

ALinChainz
10-22-2004, 11:09 PM
I hear you.

Hell, I remember being ballistic that night ... that was a party.

I like to believe it isn't gone though, even if it is.

hotdog@ a shake
10-22-2004, 11:15 PM
at this point, I'm not gonna hold my breathe anymore, if a reunion w/ Roth happens or doesn't happen...maybe a one time pay per view concert for ol times sake would be kool, but pojo is right, even if it does happen, it'll take alot of work, and lots of unecessary stress on Dave, to bring Halen back above the water...

the Hagar era has brought the band down to ridicule and parody and I'm not even sure I would want Dave back in that predicament, but i want Dave to do sumthin', anything, jus put out another kick ass cd, hit the road, get better management and promotion...it's not too late for Roth to comeback!!!

POJO_Risin
10-22-2004, 11:16 PM
I look at it this way...if it happens...it happens...don't think about it much...because when I do...I think of fucking Ed...and that pathetic ass interview after MTV...with his rigamortis looking brother...and Cherone...and that shit album...and it's on...it's off...it's on...it's off...

and Hagar...through it all...saying, "Dave will be by the phone...I won't..."

lying fuckers all...

fuck Van "Halen" "Hagar"...whatever you want to call it...

look at the window of 1974-1985...and leave the door shut on the rest...

POJO_Risin
10-22-2004, 11:17 PM
Don't hold your breath...if you do...you'll die...

ALinChainz
10-22-2004, 11:28 PM
Yeah, but if you're smokin', you gotta hold your breath some ...

:D

POJO_Risin
10-22-2004, 11:32 PM
I'm sorry...I don't know what you are talking about...;)

mads1011
10-22-2004, 11:34 PM
i would love to see a DLR Band Reunion, forget about the sisters let rock on again with all of Dave's classics

bueno bob
10-22-2004, 11:42 PM
That's worth a ***** vote!

:)

Roth on!

kcmusician
10-23-2004, 05:38 AM
I'd love to see those guys on stage again.... Maybe Mikey can get his endorsement back!

Shaun

Panamark
10-23-2004, 07:46 AM
Its all hypothetical anyways.

Ed cant play the orginal material at the moment.

franksters
10-23-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by hotdog@ a shake
at this point, I'm not gonna hold my breathe anymore, if a reunion w/ Roth happens or doesn't happen...maybe a one time pay per view concert for ol times sake would be kool, but pojo is right, even if it does happen, it'll take alot of work, and lots of unecessary stress on Dave, to bring Halen back above the water...

the Hagar era has brought the band down to ridicule and parody and I'm not even sure I would want Dave back in that predicament, but i want Dave to do sumthin', anything, jus put out another kick ass cd, hit the road, get better management and promotion...it's not too late for Roth to comeback!!!
I fully agree with you Dave is gotta rise! period!fuck the vh sisters let them crawl..

lms2
10-23-2004, 11:20 AM

Whether or not you hold your breath, sooner or later you will still die. :D

But I am not holding my breath. I do believe that things are, or could be different this time around. Yes, it would have been easier back in 1996 when the crowd was pumped for it, but easier is not always better. They would have been expected to live up to an image.... and that image was different for different people. Additionally, there is no room for growth or creativity when you are trying to live up to an image.

Yes, the general public will definitely have a "wait and see" attitude about the whole thing... and that is exactly what makes it so right. Classic Van Halen's success was due largely to the fact that they gave you what you were afraid to expect! Bigger, better and bolder than before. They stood out. In the beginning you went to see the headliner, but you remembered the warm up band because you got MORE than you bargained for.

If a real reunion were to occur, yes, a lot of people would consider it a joke... some people would try to remain uninterested, a few new people would come to see what it was all about... The radio play the classics still receive is proof that they could tour on classics alone... but the real magic will be in the new music. The question is whether or not they have it. In the beginning they needed to prove they had it to the world. This time around they need to prove it to themselves. But either way, at this point in time, the room for growth and creativity is there.

The question is whether or not they will take advantage of it. I for one will anxiously be awaiting the answer... without holding my breath.

franksters
10-23-2004, 12:50 PM
Ims2 I hear what your are trying to say , but whatever ed is writting musically has no grind to it or fury, he is doin all that mellow stuff which I hate,
Have you heard that song called FLEX from DLR, anyway this is the stuff I'm lookin for and I believe that this will take Dave onto a new carreer and rise.

Ed and his sister are totally comercial and that's why it sucks!

keep in mind that the new material keep the band going or else they become a nostalgia memoribilia and Dave is not the type to be part of this,

ciao for now,

franksters
10-23-2004, 12:53 PM
here is what I want to hear!

lms2
10-23-2004, 02:23 PM
You need to keep in mind that David Lee Roth IS Van Halen. What Ed is writing now is minus Dave. Its like making sugar cookies, but forgetting the sugar. :(

Nickdfresh
10-25-2004, 11:07 AM

No you won't. You'll just pass out kind of like Eddie in an Absolute Vodka factory.

hard rock
10-27-2004, 11:07 AM
i think dave should just concentrate on his solo stuff. he needs better management, better promotion people. hell he should hire any one of us roth heads to do it for him . any one of us would do a heck of a lot better than whoever is doing it now. roth should look at getting his money back cause they didnt supply the goods. one thing dave needs to do is balance out the set list. Classic vh will always sell but he needs to promote and play his solo classics a little more to introduce it to new fans and to remind us old ones of these tunes. it s no wonder a lot of the albums are out of print even the best of? he needs to play them more. he should also try and work out a deal to re release those out of print albums with bonus tracks you know revive interest in them.

hard rock
10-27-2004, 11:12 AM
his solo set list should be like this

unchained
yankee rose
hot for teacher
panama
california girls
just like paradise
the bottom line
dance the night away
slam dunk
little texas
jump
somebody get me a doctor
feel your love tonight
aint talkin bout love

encore
running with the devil
ice cream man
going crazy

that type of thing a little on both ends not all one or the other

Matt White
10-27-2004, 11:31 AM
This is ALL we need.

Shaun Ponsonby
10-28-2004, 03:39 PM
I will admitt, it would be nice to see a real Van Halen reunion, and it would give Dave a big stage again, rather than the small places hes palying these days-but I'm not going to get my hopes up. Dave spoke of a reunion in his front-page interview for Classic Rock Magazine, and he said;
"We haven't done enough.If someone passed away,well,alright.If someone lost an arm,alright.But we're all still here and healthy.And that makes it a serious mis-step".

bueno bob
10-28-2004, 03:42 PM
That seventh album still needs to be done.

There's only one way to close the door on Van Halen right.

Let's just hope Ed and Al come to that same realization come January.

Shaun Ponsonby
10-28-2004, 07:35 PM
As much as I'd love to see it happen, I don't think it will. They hate each other too much. Is there nothing that the 9000-odd members of the Roth Army-and all the other real Van Halen fans around the world can do? Surely that many people could make a difference to the situation. Come on guys, help us think of something here-I'm desparate

Mr. G
10-29-2004, 01:48 AM
I for one would be happy if they did it just for OUR benefit. Or even for jusy MY benefit. Hell I would be willing to pay double. No problem.

bueno bob
10-29-2004, 01:59 AM
One CD for Mr. G, $28, coming up!

They HEARD you, man! :)

franksters
11-03-2004, 08:53 AM
I Say let's look at the futur and fuck the nostalgia...

Dave is van halen and by saying that he doesn't need them, period.

done viva dlrband there hot they rip and they are young!!

who needs old geezers..

Matt White
11-03-2004, 04:02 PM
SAYYYYYYY.....................
Prejudiced against GEEZERS, ay?!?!?!

bueno bob
11-03-2004, 04:09 PM
You guys watch that shit about old geezers...I may only be 30, but with 3 kids I'm gonna pass you both the fuck up cuz they make me older by the second...look out, here I come...

knuckleboner
11-03-2004, 07:42 PM
eh...i was 11 when van halen broke up. but they were my favorite band at the time. still are. got that "hero worship" thing going on.

oh, i don't expect a reunion. (though, i didn't expect 1996, 2000 and 2002, either...) i'm perfectly happy with the 6 albums, other new bands, and solo dave.

but, to be perfectly honest, if at some point God came down to me and said, "look, the choice is solely up to you. should i get back with van halen or not?" i'd say yes.

hard rock
11-04-2004, 07:50 AM
Roth needs to concentrate more on re making a name for himself as a solo artist. He shouldnt have to be remembered only for halen. He is as much to blame as he needs to play more solo material in concert to introduce it to those newer fans who go to see him for his van halen fame. Halen will always sell and get air play. it doesnt need to get pushed as much as it does live. dont get me wrong great to hear the tunes that hagar wont even touch but play more solo here and there. especially on high profile gigs like sam and dave tour. he was playing in front of huge crowds. the van hagar fans heard all the classic halen tunes before but they may get turned on to tunes like shyboy and knucklebones if heard live. then his solo sales go back up. warner takes notice and remasters his albums puts alae and yflm back in print and its 1986 for roth again. full circle!!!!