Has anyone heard talk of a Van Hagar reunion on the radio?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lou

Has anyone heard talk of a Van Hagar reunion on the radio?

Coming home today I heard my local classic rock station, 102.9 WMGK, pass off a Van Hagar reunion and announcement at the Super Bowl as if it were fact! I mean they were saying, "Wow this is great news, I can't wait for a tour" kind of stuff, and I was getting sick to my stomach. That's not a hyperbole, I was literally getting a terrible sinking feeling in my stomach, the kind you get when you've done something wrong. So I was dreading having to come home and see it confirmed here or somewhere else; thankfully the station DJ's as usual don't know shit.

And BTW for a "classic rock" station why the fuck are they supporting Van Hagar? I've never heard them once play Van Hagar. I guess they think "Van Halen is Van Halen no matter who's singing"
    Last edited by Lou; 01-28-2004, 08:47 PM.
  • hitch1969©
    Sniper
    • Mar 2003

Lighten up, Lou®.

Let me tell you three things that I know:

1. Van Hagar rules.

2. Sammy is BACK

3. Halftime Show

Its time to ride the Van Hagar® wave, buddy!!! I don't think that complaining ever got us anywhere, now did it?

Mix up a waborita and fire up a fat one. Let Sam and Ed rock the motherfuckinhouse!!!

BREASTS!!

=h69=
    ...get your hitchworld on.

Comment

• WACF
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jan 2004

That's all they've talking about for the last week.

BTW...Roth gets way more air time than the Hagar version.

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

local DJ/program director said it's NOT happening. not that he knows any more than anyone else does...
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Catfish

I don't care if DJs talk about Van Hagar as long as they don't play any of it.

Comment

• knuckleboner
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

in terms of van halen news...NOTHING i hear at this point is legit unless i see conclusive evidence.

did dave work with van halen in 2000? yes. did they record? yes. did it mean van halen was going to do an album, tour? no.

DJs can say whatever the fuck they want about what van halen's doing at the moment. and you know what, when they say it, it's theoretically possible that it's true (at that moment.) but as we know about van halen, it doesn't mean anything will come of it.

so until they actually have a new song to play on their stations, fuck 'em.

Comment

• flappo
              Banned
              • Jan 2004

..wheres that fucking bot?

WHO IS SAMMY HAGAR ?

Comment

• Sarge's Little Helper
                Commando
                • Mar 2003

..wheres that fucking bot?

WHO IS SAMMY HAGAR ?
                David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..
                "I decided to name my new band DLR because when you say David Lee Roth people think of an individual, but when you say DLR you think of a band. Its just like when you say Edward Van Halen, people think of an individual, but when you say Van Halen, you think of…David Lee Roth, baby!"!

Comment

• flappo
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2004

HAHAHAH!

God i love this place

Comment

• John Ashcroft
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by knuckleboner
                    in terms of van halen news...NOTHING i hear at this point is legit unless i see conclusive evidence.

did dave work with van halen in 2000? yes. did they record? yes. did it mean van halen was going to do an album, tour? no...
                    Did Eddie sound like a washed up drunk on the latest interview? yes.

Comment

• flappo
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2004

..yeah , 1984 alone sold more than all of hagar's dross put together

OWNEDDDDAH

Comment

• knuckleboner
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by John Ashcroft
                        Did Eddie sound like a washed up drunk on the latest interview? yes.
                        dude, when has he NOT...

(P. Shhh.: wolfie'sh great!)

Comment

• Catfish

I think he sounded like a washed up drunk on his last 4 albums.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

No mention of Hagar... but yesterday on Majic 105 out of Little Rock mentioned Dave was tearing up Japan as a lead in to Yankee Rose.
                            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• diamondD
                              Veteran
                              • Jan 2004

That's because their program director follows these boards and we talk about it frequently! I used to work there a few years ago.
                              Meet us in the future, not the pasture

Comment

Working...