PDA

View Full Version : I actually watched a hockey game last night !!!

Va Beach VH Fan
10-23-2004, 09:36 AM
OK, OK, it was only an AHL game, give me a break, it was fucking hockey..... ;)

The Wilkes/Barre-Scranton Baby Penguins continue to be undefeated when I attend their games here in Norfolk, beating the Norfolk Admirals 3-2.... I think they're 5-0 or 6-0 when I go.....

Fleury was in net for the Baby Pens, and put on a helluva show, making 30 saves, including one on a seemingly open net with a few minutes left in the game... Fleury sprawled out and stopped the puck, which was airborne, not on the ice, with his stick....

These teams simply do not like each other at all, subsequently there were LOTS and LOTS of fights, high sticks, and the like....

So, until either the NHL owners or players blinks and decides to negotiate, this is the only hockey around for the forseeable future....

Hecubus
10-23-2004, 02:03 PM
Dude....

Me too!! Fox Sports Net Bay Area are rerunning some of the Sharks' glory games.

It's all I have, but it's damn well better than nothing.

GET IT GOING NHL/NHLPA!!!

QUIT BEING SO FUCKING GREEDY!!!

US COMMON FOLK WILL NEVER SYMPATIHIZE WITH MILLIONAIRES HAGGLING OVER A FEW HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS/SALARY CAP, YOU ASSHOLES!!!!!!!!!

Va Beach VH Fan
10-23-2004, 07:02 PM
Yeah, FSN Pittsburgh is replaying the 10 of the top Pens games over the next couple of months.... Too bad they're not playing Lemieux's "5 types of goals" game, I've never seen that....

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/04287/394946.stm

Classic Penguins games to air
10-game package to start on Nov. 3
Wednesday, October 13, 2004

By Dave Molinari, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

After devoting much of the summer to expanding their collection of vintage game tapes, the Penguins will spend at least part of the winter sharing it.

The team and FSN Pittsburgh have a deal for weekly re-broadcasts of 10 of the franchise's top games, beginning next month.

Longtime broadcaster Paul Steigerwald and radio analyst Bob Errey will be the hosts of the broadcasts.

Games will be edited to fit into an 8 to 10 p.m. window, and the broadcasts will feature in-studio appearances by men who played in, coached or broadcast that game. Mario Lemieux will fill that role on the first broadcast, broadcaster-turned-coach Eddie Olczyk on the second.

Phil Bourque, Troy Loney, Jay Caufield, Dave Hannan, Ed Johnston and Ken Wregget also are scheduled to participate.

The 10 games -- all Penguins victories -- were selected by a group of team employees, led by vice president of communications Tom McMillan and Steigerwald. McMillan said the Penguins "wanted to do a cross-section" of regular-season and playoff games.

The first eight games will be shown Wednesdays, the final two on Thursdays. The lineup:

Nov. 3 -- Game 1 of the 1992 Stanley Cup final, when the Penguins rallied from two three-goal deficits in a 5-4 victory against Chicago.

Nov. 10 -- The Penguins defeat Buffalo, 3-2, in Game 7 of Round 1 in the 2001 playoffs on Darius Kasparaitis' overtime goal.

Nov. 17 -- Lemieux scores five goals in an 8-4 victory March 26, 1996, against St. Louis.

Nov. 24 -- The Penguins end a 15-year, 42-game (0-39-3) winless streak in Philadelphia with a 5-3 victory Feb. 2, 1989.

Dec. 1 -- Frank Pietrangelo makes "The Save," an improbable glove stop on New Jersey's Peter Stastny, in a 4-3 victory in Game 6 of Round 1 in the 1991 playoffs.

Dec. 8 -- Kevin Stevens' overtime goal caps a late comeback in 7-6 victory against Washington in Game 2 of the 1991 Patrick Division final.

Dec. 15 -- The Penguins defeat Chicago, 6-5, at Chicago Stadium March 12, 1989, despite being outshot, 62-28.

Dec. 22 -- Petr Nedved scores in the fourth overtime for a 3-2 victory at Washington in Game 4 of the 1996 Eastern Conference quarterfinals.

Dec. 30 -- The Penguins win Game 4 of the 1991 Stanley Cup final at Minnesota, evening the series at 2-2.

Jan. 6 -- Lemieux scores four goals as the Penguins overwhelm Philadelphia, 9-3, March 20, 1993, at Mellon Arena in the midst of their NHL-record 17-game winning streak.

Five games worthy of inclusion -- the Stanley Cup-clinching games in 1991 and '92, Lemieux's comeback game in 2000 and two of his five-goal performances -- were left off the list because the team plans to use DVDs of those broadcasts as promotional items for home games during the upcoming season.

Another -- the Dec. 31, 1988 home game when Lemieux became the only player in NHL history to score all five types of goals in one game-- was excluded because the NHL has asked teams showing "classic" games to use only local or national broadcasts, and that one was shown only by New Jersey.

POJO_Risin
10-23-2004, 07:07 PM
Well...it's something...Va...it's something...

You know...it would be interesting to see the ECHL...or AHL...or IHL...step it up...with some kind of We're taking over the ice...campaigns...

with a lockout...you'd have to wonder how long it would be before some of the NHL elite would start showing up here to play...

is there an ECHL anymore?...or did it change to the ACHL?...

Mezro
10-23-2004, 07:20 PM
They should play the triple overtime playoff game where
Keith Primeau scores for the Flyers and sinks the 'guins!

Mezro...now that was a game...

BITEYOASS
10-24-2004, 12:16 AM
I wish I was back in Michigan going to a K-Wings game right about now!

Matt White
10-24-2004, 01:35 AM
Check out the OHL: The Ontario Hockey League. The #1 developmental league for the NHL.
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/hm/

Va Beach VH Fan
10-24-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Mezro

That was in the 5th OT Mez...

And thanks for reminding me, ya bastard.... ;)

Va Beach VH Fan
10-24-2004, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
is there an ECHL anymore?...or did it change to the ACHL?...

They're still around....

http://www.echl.com/

The Wheeling Nailers are the Pens AA affiliate....

Mezro
10-24-2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
That was in the 5th OT Mez...

And thanks for reminding me, ya bastard.... ;)

LOL..no problem Va...that is what I'm here for:D

Mezro...Primeau shoots and scores...

POJO_Risin
10-24-2004, 05:45 PM
The guy who owned the Golden Blades started that league...

Then the team...Blades...moved to New Orleans...that's when Erie got that OHL affiliate...

So the ECHL is working off of the pro teams now...at the time they left...they weren't...

that's probably how they stayed afloat...

Hecubus
10-31-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Mezro

Dude I stayed up until 2am to watch that one...

Great game.