PDA

View Full Version : Now that Spammy is gone. Will the same people come back to watch Dave ?

Panamark
10-25-2004, 04:03 AM
Its obviously over for Van Hagar. (Finally !)

So *if* they do manage to end this the way it started,
(With Dave)

Will the same people that just attended this Sham tour,
go see the original band ?? Or do you think they were
so ripped off, nothing could bring em back....

*OR* is it more, who gives a fuck, all the original fans
will come out of the woodwork and outnumber the
Spamsters 3-1.

Just like the record sales :D ??

bueno bob
10-25-2004, 04:06 AM
I say option #2. The REAL fans are gonna crawl right back out of the woodwork and make this thing REAL again...

Well, if the proctologist can find the Sisters heads again, that is...

Don Corleone
10-25-2004, 04:08 AM
If the real re-union comes off and it's a US only tour, then I'll be on the plane over.

bueno bob
10-25-2004, 04:10 AM
I'm willing to spend up to $800 for bleeders.

What does that tell ya? :)

Panamark
10-25-2004, 04:22 AM
I know we will all be up for it, just wondering if the 5-7000 that
attended the current shows would go back again ?? :D

Don Corleone
10-25-2004, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
I know we will all be up for it, just wondering if the 5-7000 that
attended the current shows would go back again ?? :D

The sheep will be there, because Eddie's there. Then as I said a few months back they'll bitch Dave for not singing any Roy era stuff.

Panamark
10-25-2004, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by Don Corleone
The sheep will be there, because Eddie's there. Then as I said a few months back they'll bitch Dave for not singing any Roy era stuff.

But will anyone listen when we outnumber them 3-1 ?? LOL...

FUCK WCTBL !!! Bring On Romeo delight !!
FUCK DREAMS !!! Bring on Light up the Sky !!!
FUCK Cant stop loving you !!! Bring on Hear about it later !!!

hahahhahahh

kcmusician
10-25-2004, 05:40 AM
I know that I'll be there.... But from what I read on melodicrock.com, the reason there is not a known future for Van Hagar is because Eddie is unstable because of his drinking. Sammy would rather tour with The Wabo's instead of touring with VH while Eddie is in his current state.... I can't say I blame him either..... I pulled out my Kansas City DVD lastnight, and was in awe at how sloppy Eddie was.... I then watched a bootleg concert from 1995 and saw a totally different man..... Eddie needs to go to rehab, get his head on straight, and then think about touring with Dave.... He's no good to anyone in his current shape, especially himself.

Shaun

scorpioboy33
10-25-2004, 05:51 AM
I think Dave would be up for it..but I can see it starting and ending after a couple of shows cause of fighting :(

Halen High
10-25-2004, 06:59 AM
I definately think the sheep will come out in their thousands for a Classic VH reunion. EVERYBODY wants to see it. It will be interesting to see how many of the original fans would come back. I still think it could be huge if Eddie gets himself together, they do a full length killer studio album, a couple of videos, go on a WORLD TOUR, plenty of media promotion, and release some stuff from the vaults on DVD.

In other words, if they do it right! The Van Hagar reunion was so half-assed. Like there was no real effort put in.

DaveTheSoulOfVH
10-25-2004, 07:36 AM
"but I can see it starting and ending after a couple of shows cause of fighting "scorpioboy33

fighting??????? Ed and Dave are like 2 fuckin' brothers, they love and hate each other just like 2 brothers

thepunisher
10-25-2004, 01:52 PM
The sheep will come out because of all the buzz that would happen.

scottydabodi
10-25-2004, 02:02 PM
Anyone who wouldn't go to see the VH reunion should be stomped down like the Four Horsemen on Dusty Rhoades. If the SHEEP don't like it, they know where their dinner hangs...

4moreyears
10-25-2004, 02:10 PM
Very Colorful Friends

Matt White
10-25-2004, 02:12 PM
Put a show on like this, and the world will gladly dish out the dough to see it.

scottydabodi
10-25-2004, 02:26 PM
OOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!! YYYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
Another Spectacular post Matt...

Carmine
10-25-2004, 02:27 PM
nuff said!

badhorsie
10-25-2004, 02:29 PM
I dont think Eddie could perform the classic material up to par.

He played the hagar era stuff pretty iffy.

Carmine
10-25-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by badhorsie

thats because ALL the hagar stuff is "pretty iffy"

DLR_EngineRoom
10-25-2004, 02:59 PM

(With Dave)

Spamsters 3-1.

IF Dave comes back (I don't see that happening and if so, not anytime soon), then the TRUE Van Halen fans will be separated from those just plain disgusted (bandwagon sheep).

Shaun Ponsonby
10-29-2004, 02:21 PM
Van Halen have sold over half the amount of Van Hagar-there's your answer.

lms2
10-29-2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by badhorsie

Poor Eddie's heart just wasnt in the Hagar era stuff. Everytime he looks at Spam... he has to have a drink. He hates the fucker. He looks at him and thinks... "Where's Dave? Oh yeah... im an idiot...pour me another, brother..."

With Dave, the band would be as pumped as we are. :D

CROWBAR
10-29-2004, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by lms2
Poor Eddie's heart just wasnt in the Hagar era stuff. Everytime he looks at Spam... he has to have a drink. He hates the fucker. He looks at him and thinks... "Where's Dave? Oh yeah... im an idiot...pour me another, brother..."

I could agree with that, it's obvious Ed's not happy.

JCOOK
10-29-2004, 09:22 PM
But will anyone listen when we outnumber them 3-1 ?? LOL...

FUCK WCTBL !!! Bring On Romeo delight !!
FUCK DREAMS !!! Bring on Light up the Sky !!!
FUCK Cant stop loving you !!! Bring on Hear about it later !!!

hahahhahahh

If Dave even tried to,Iwould hit the stage and be arrested:eek:

Banned
10-29-2004, 10:24 PM

(With Dave)

Spamsters 3-1.

I think the "REAL" fans are the ones who have been following the band AND Roth through out the years...

Therfore... after seeing Roth 3 times. Sammy 2 times, VH3 1 time and Van Hagar 5 times I and more than ready for the ORINGINAL Van Halen again!

Van Hagar 4 times I will be anticipating a Roth re-union!

Banned
10-29-2004, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by lms2

How in the fuck do you know that? Did you go see it? There was great chemistry between Ed and Sam 3 of the 4 times I saw this tour.

Raider
10-29-2004, 10:29 PM
I think that if Roth ever got back with Van Halen the attendance at those shows would put the Van Hagar numbers to same. Maybe then Eddie and Alex will realize that Roth belongs there after all this time.

Banned
10-29-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Raider
I think that if Roth ever got back with Van Halen the attendance at those shows would put the Van Hagar numbers to same. Maybe then Eddie and Alex will realize that Roth belongs there after all this time.

FABsolutly! They will satisfy all the fans... The REAL Van Halen fans AND the ROTHhards...

Terry
10-29-2004, 10:41 PM
The sheep would turn out for a Roth-led Van Halen tour again, agreed. They'll turn out no matter who is fronting the band. In some bizarre way, they make out the best by not having any standards of quailty regarding the music: Ed could play a tuba solo with Justin Timberlake providing vocal accompaniment and it'd all be good to them (and that in itself would be more interesting to watch than seeing the Van Hagar lineup playing).

But it aint 1996 anymore. The interest level and sheer amount of people who were psyched to see the classic lineup get back together that year has dwindled. This isn't slagging the hardcore, classic lineup diehards either (of which I am one), but there aren't enough of us left now to fill football stadiums around the country like some suggest, and the casual fan interest that might have made that happen in 1996 is lessened by ticket prices that are out of control.

I could see a reunited classic lineup filling the same arenas Van Hagar has played this year, selling them out to capacity and pulling off two nights in some cases, but not much more beyond that.

For myself, I'd wait and check out some boots of those shows first before I spent any dough on tickets, and I'd be watching and listening to what Ed was doing carefully. Have no doubt that Mike and Al, despite being a couple of ungrateful putzes re:Roth's contribution to the band, could execute those classic rhythms competently if not enthusiastically, and that Dave would give 100% and deliver (even if was a solely cash-motivated tour) is beyond any doubt.................

...................but Ed is damaged goods with no signs of getting his shit wired on tight again any time soon. I'd need to hear what they were doing live first and take them for a test drive before I decided tio buy.

Back when they were Kings, that the classic lineup would provide maximum rock and roll and a bang for your buck was taken for granted. Would have put odds on that even in 1996 after ten years of schmaltz from Red Tubs, Biff Mailbu and the sisters had tarnished the Van Halen name.

Now, sadly, a reunited classic Van Halen delivering the goods sight-unseen beforehand, for me, is no longer a given.

JCOOK
10-29-2004, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Banned
How in the fuck do you know that? Did you go see it? There was great chemistry between Ed and Sam 3 of the 4 times I saw this tour.

Chemistry? do you mean roy getting Ed more liquor?:p

Banned
10-29-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Terry
The sheep would turn out for a Roth-led Van Halen tour again, agreed. They'll turn out no matter who is fronting the band. In some bizarre way, they make out the best by not having any standards of quailty regarding the music: Ed could play a tuba solo with Justin Timberlake providing vocal accompaniment and it'd all be good to them .

LMAO! I'd hit it! :p

Halen High
10-30-2004, 12:07 AM
With what's happened in the last few days, I think a lot of the sheep realise that Van Hagar is finished permanently. They will never see Eddie, Alex, Mike or Spammy either on stage, or on a new album together again.

So, I think it's dawning on them that if they ever want to see VH again, with a full-length new studio album and tour, it's gonna have to be with DAVE!

So in a curious way, the sheep are becoming DAVE OR THE GRAVERS!