X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CATDADDY200kg
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Oct 2004

Seattle Concert Review

well, i ended up going to the van hagar show last night, and it actually was worse than i expected. we pre functioned at a bar close to the key, and arrived 10 minutes into the concert. we missed the first song "Jump" which would have been cool to see. we had great seats, 3rd row center, and were able to see all the band up real close. but the show for me was basically waiting thru the crappy van hagar era radio staples, for the real van halen. they only played 5 real van halen songs; somebody get me a doctor. unchained, aint talkin bout love, panama, you really got me. you really got me was the high point of the show, then sammy clowning around, let some audience members sing parts of the lyrics. he only did this on DLR songs, not his own putrid ones. so it seemed to me he was trying to disrespect DLR even though the audience went wild when they played the real van halen songs. also seeing eddy v's solo was worth admission, he truly is a guitar virtuoso,and he played a worked up version of eruption that was pretty cool. but i can't remember ever going to a concert where i only liked 4-5 songs, and took multiple bathroom breaks(we drank a lot of beer) during a show. in fact, after you really got me and panama in the encore, they wrapped the show up with "when it's love" we left as soon as they played the first bars to this lame am radio slow song. have you ever heard of a hard rock band ending a show with a sappy slow song? this ain't stariway baby! it's really a shame that a great band like DLR era van halen, and the great songs from the first album especially, will probably never be heard live again by the fans. it isn't a case like john bonham dying, or bon scott. van hagar is a TOTALLY different band without DLR, and i will never pay to see them live again. I do plan on seeing the atomic punks and DLR band when they are in town.
  • DavidLeeNatra
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

I see some kind of "trend" in these reviews...
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• DlocRoth
      ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
      I see some kind of "trend" in these reviews...

A big "Titanic" size boot trend. ROFLMAO!
      Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

Working...