PDA

View Full Version : Dave Should Never Go Back

Thetruthbaby
10-25-2004, 01:18 PM
I'm convinced now more than ever. Dave should never go back to VH even if they were to beg him. He doesn't need money and VH are done. If this "reunion" ends after this tour (as it looks like it will) this thing will be one of the biggest busts in music history. To me that speaks volumes as to how important VHagar's legacy is. The classic material from the first 6 albums will continue to be played all over airwaves in the country, tribute bands will continue to pay homage to DLR era VH, and the first 6 albums will continue to sell. VAN HALEN's legacy is intact. Vhagar have shown just how much they meant to rock. DLR should just keep doing whatever he wants and never give VH another thought. Those 3 losers aren't worth his time.

CROWBAR
10-25-2004, 01:26 PM
I completely agree. DLR has moved on and has a good band. He will probably always treat us to the VH classics so no worries there. I'm sure he wouldn't want to be associated with them anymore than they. Van Hagar will now walk the hall of shame.

I don't want Dave anywhere near those fucks.

ULTRAMAN VH
10-25-2004, 01:28 PM
I would love to see a reunion, but after reading the recent article at Melodirock, DLR should just stay away. Sounds like Ed is heading down the same path his father did with the alcohol abuse. Now if Ed cleaned up his act and gave Dave a call that would be great.
But after waiting 20 years for a
reunion with the Diamond One, I won't hold my breath.

DLR_EngineRoom
10-25-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Thetruthbaby
I'm convinced now more than ever. Dave should never go back to VH even if they were to beg him. He doesn't need money and VH are done. If this "reunion" ends after this tour (as it looks like it will) this thing will be one of the biggest busts in music history. To me that speaks volumes as to how important VHagar's legacy is. The classic material from the first 6 albums will continue to be played all over airwaves in the country, tribute bands will continue to pay homage to DLR era VH, and the first 6 albums will continue to sell. VAN HALEN's legacy is intact. Vhagar have shown just how much they meant to rock. DLR should just keep doing whatever he wants and never give VH another thought. Those 3 losers aren't worth his time.

Amen, son. Very well put. I hereby award you, with honor and respect, for your hard work, dedication and perserverance against the enemy. Good show....jolly good show!

Don Corleone
10-25-2004, 01:30 PM
I agree 100% Dave should stay the fuck away from those clowns (and maybe Mike as well). The 6 pack are great albums, and in time they will achieve the legendary status they rightfully deserve (irrespective of how much Ed tries to fuck his own legacy up)

Carmine
10-25-2004, 01:32 PM
I disagree guys, Me wise and CGTSNM proved beyond a doubt that the 4 of them together again can produce fine results. They want to do this, as proved by the 2000 sessions where they made those 3 tunes Dave has referred too.

Dave would have everybody in line when they get together! bank on it.

DavidLeeNatra
10-25-2004, 02:02 PM
I don't want to see four guys on stage together who hate each other the way it is between dave and the sisters...dave will always be out there doing something he wants to do...and us die hards will be there, too...I was always a dave fan first and then a =VH= fan. so I don't give a fuck about the other three bitter clowns...

scottydabodi
10-25-2004, 02:10 PM
Very valid points! The condition that Ed's in is pathetic at best, and if you don't think that Brain Young can SMOKE Ed on the classic VH material, you're fuckin CRAZY!! The ONLY way a VH reunion with DLR could happen is if Ed gets, and stays sober, Alex shuts up and sticks to playing drums instead of trying to run the band, and Mikey just does what he's always done-take it in the ass whenever he can get it. The sisters would have to swallow their pride too, and make VH a dictatorship, with DAVE as dictator. DLR's the ONLY one out of the whole lot of them that actually knows what the fuck he's DOING!!!!!! Y'know what, fuck the sisters, and fuck Mikey... Let DAVE rule!!!!!!!!

moose
10-25-2004, 02:30 PM
Fuck that. I wanna see Dave on the 4th of November. Listen to him sing some of his solo stuff and of course the Classics. I don't give a shit about the 3 bozos' and the current state of the fuckin band. My concorde is coming in and we be takin off on the 4th for a hellava ride.
Fuck you ed, alex and michael

DLR_EngineRoom
10-25-2004, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by moose
Fuck that. I wanna see Dave on the 4th of November. Listen to him sing some of his solo stuff and of course the Classics. I don't give a shit about the 3 bozos' and the current state of the fuckin band. My concorde is coming in and we be takin off on the 4th for a hellava ride.
Fuck you ed, alex and michael

Moose parties like a crazy a$$ mofo...Nov. 4th will shake the very foundations of rock n roll history here in Ontario....see you there....

Halen High
10-25-2004, 08:59 PM
For a Classic Van Halen reunion to really work, Eddie and Alex would have to allow Dave the kind of creative input he had in the early years. The amount of input Dave would have in terms of lyrics, melodies, artwork and the marketing of the band's image is probably a key reason why the reunion hasn't happened. Not just money.

The brothers are control freaks. They can no longer function as a REAL band. They won't even allow the bass player to play bass in the studio. How can we expect anything like the six pack under these circumstances?

Eddie and Alex are going to have to get over themselves and stop feeling hurt over the fact Dave quit almost 20 years ago. Work as a REAL band again, then it might be worth it.

Ifyouseekay
10-27-2004, 09:47 PM
Talk about freaky.....I just seconds ago posted this in a get dave back thread. I was wondering when anyone was finally going to get it.

I find great comfort knowing others have finally started looking at the bigger picture, which is the intregity of everything Classic Van Halen was about. Once that's gone, there ain't no way to get it back.

Sarge, I say it's time to blow up the torch.
What is and what will never be.

posted: Today, at at 02:33 PM
Profile Pm Email Search Buddy IP

If Dave ever shares a stage with the Van Halen brothers he will become the biggest sucker dumb ass weenie boy in rock faster than he can say "Look at all the people here tonight". The brothers will do something behind his back which will turn the Classic VH reunion into the biggest joke. Look what they did to this one. Sammy looks like such a chump for being stupid enough to go back.

I have never wanted the reunion to happen. Ever. It would have killed all the magic of Classic Van Halen for ever, and that is far worse than not doiing the reunion.

Be careful for what you wish for....

Matt White
10-27-2004, 11:38 PM
"Yawn........................."

DeadOrAlive
10-27-2004, 11:51 PM
The only thing that i care about is that dave will still be alive and performing...

Nitro Express
10-28-2004, 02:33 AM
The Van Halens are burnt and unstable. They are crazy fucks who ruin every relationship they ever had. Now they are stuck with each other. The gimp bass player and Ronald McHagar will bolt when the shows no longer bring the big bucks in.

Van Halen is over. Dave isn't going to let those two drunks screw him over a second time. I certainly wouldn't trust them.

bueno bob
10-28-2004, 02:41 AM
I think (maybe hopelessly, I don't know) that it can still work. Along with Carmine, I'll voice my vote that CGTSNM and MWM produced some REAL results...the magic is just THERE with David, and it always has been. Now, to be truthful, I was REALLY, REALLY worried about the upcoming BOV1 back before it came out - after so many years had passed, was it going to be there?

All questions fucking CEASED when I got done with both of the new tracks.

To whatever logic, however the magic works, David just brings out the very best in the musicians he works with...be it Van Halen or his solo group. It's always brilliant, always perfect, always what it should be.

Things are understandably different now...Eddie's about one step shy of being psychotic, Mike's virtually just a touring member, Alex is essentially in control of everything of all things Van Halen...but I'd be willing to put good money down that, if all the existing crap can be worked around and all the fucking egos dropped for the sense of doing it for the fans who deserve after all these years of BULLSHIT - you're bound to see real fuckin' dynamite out of those four yet.

David's capable of NO LESS, regardless of what the situation is. I don't think it's too late in the game just yet, but unless they act in the next year or two, it will be. That's why they either need to shit or get off the pot, and of course most of that's going to start with Ed and Al.

We have to remember that these four dudes fought their way to the absolute top together, and while the going was difficult along the way, they always overcame...until 1985, anyway, but at that point David leaving had to be done. If they can get back to the raw essentials, rip away all the shit that's happened over the years and just focus on the music...anything's possible, folks.

Anything.

Panamark
10-28-2004, 10:38 AM
Dave should go back, if its on his terms..

diamondsgirl
10-28-2004, 10:49 AM
As cool as it would be to have the band back together, they will never be the same. There is too much bad blood, bitterness and resentment on all sides. And Dave would look like second fiddle. And really...how could Dave trust them?

If they really wanted Roth, though, Dave could do some wheeling and dealing to really make it worth his while. But, at this point, how could they make Dave feel any good about this?
Hmmm. Maybe a new band name.
I like "David Lee Roth's Van Halen" :cool:

DLR_EngineRoom
10-28-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
Ronald McHagar will bolt when the shows no longer bring the big bucks in.

lol....Ronald McHagar....classic!

Wolverine
10-28-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Don Corleone
I agree 100% Dave should stay the fuck away from those clowns (and maybe Mike as well). The 6 pack are great albums, and in time they will achieve the legendary status they rightfully deserve (irrespective of how much Ed tries to fuck his own legacy up)

good quote ..but remmember son i am the original don!!