PDA

View Full Version : roth/vai

singerman
10-26-2004, 07:33 PM
does anyone know if roth and vai ever considered getting back together?....did they part as friends?

sambo
10-26-2004, 07:38 PM
Apparently (and I've seen a good explanation somewhere on these boards) they were just going in different directions musically. They parted as friends and said they could work with eachother again given the right circumstances and opportunities.

There was, and still is I guess, a healthy respect between them.

Although I wouldn't mind another EEAS. ;)

singerman
10-26-2004, 07:40 PM
thanks for the reply sambo.....yeah another EEAS great!...i reckon it would do them both good to get back together....even for an album and tour

tydhurst
10-26-2004, 07:58 PM
It would be really swish, but it probrably ain't gonna happen.

col5150
10-27-2004, 07:25 AM
Vai's too busy being the guitar god that he is to bother bout dave, he sells out gigs every time to guitar players and there wives and girlfriends that have been dragged along to the shows.

i saw the g3 tour earlier this year satriani came on with an old beanie had, hoodie and combats lookin like just about anybody off the street, then when vai came on he was dressed like lawerence llewn bowen with a electric fan at the front of the stage where he stood so his hair would blow back whilst he was playing.

The guys a musical genius!, but whith his playing these days dave and him wouldnt gel

Mr. G
10-28-2004, 12:56 AM
As different as Vai's stuff is to Dave's these days I think he could do it pretty easily. I mean "Flexible" was pre-Dave and steve had no problem gelling. The problem is, does he want to. I think he should join Dave at least for an album ot two just for my benefit.

redblkwht
10-28-2004, 01:01 AM
Didnt dave say in his book that Vai isnt a band type guitarist?
something in that mannerism..

Steve doesnt need anything..hes popular enough on his own..
dave doesnt want it or we woulda head something already, id
bank on DLR & Sheehan reuniting before Vai..

redblkwht
10-28-2004, 01:02 AM
Although id be first in line for EEAS reunion in chi town are you kidding
me??
killer thought!

bueno bob
10-28-2004, 03:08 AM
Steve Vai really is a solo artist...from bouncing around between Zappa, Alcatrazz, Roth, Whitesnake, so on and so forth...his personal niche is as a solo artist, period, I think.

Still, I wouldn't complain too much about hearing a few new songs. I haven't ever been a big Vai fan, so to speak, but anything Dave does is good with me...

TongueNGroove
10-28-2004, 08:42 AM
Vai definately has too much of his own thing going on to fool with Dave's Ego. Steve used Dave as a step up into the mainstream, no way would he deal with Dave's Ego now that he doesn't have to.

Matt White
10-28-2004, 08:57 AM
Vai is too busy with his Bees to put the time and effort into recording and touring with DAVE. He'd rather hit the road with this portly Gent!!!

diamondsgirl
10-28-2004, 09:50 AM
I saw them together many (too many) years ago and they seem to be having a blast together on stage. There was, at least at that time, great chemistry between them.

Carmine
10-28-2004, 10:00 AM
Dave said Vai went "widdley, widdley", and he cut him loose.

bueno bob
10-28-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by TongueNGroove
Vai definately has too much of his own thing going on to fool with Dave's Ego. Steve used Dave as a step up into the mainstream, no way would he deal with Dave's Ego now that he doesn't have to.

RogueHorseman
10-28-2004, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by TongueNGroove

Back under the rock please, Patrick...

Mr. G
10-29-2004, 01:40 AM
According to Dave he and Steve just have different musical intrests. Anyone who knows much about Steve it's not hard to believe. Steve's musical vocabulary is so huge and diverse he is all over the place, which I personaly like but it would be easy for Steve on a professional level to gell with Roth. I really think it is possible. Someone call Steve!

bueno bob
10-29-2004, 02:00 AM
I'm happy with Brian, if you wanna get right down to it.

DLRdelight!
10-29-2004, 02:09 AM
Would be great to check out what they could come up with