PDA

View Full Version : Is Van Halen breaking up again?

Figs
10-27-2004, 10:39 PM
This is a bit of a re-hash. Lock the thread if it's a dupe.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/arts/national/2004/10/27/Arts/vanhalen041027.html

Is Van Halen breaking up again?
Last Updated Wed, 27 Oct 2004 14:54:24 EDT

TORONTO - There are rumours floating around the internet that rock group Van Halen may be on the verge of splitting up again.

The three founding members of the group – guitarist Eddie Van Halen, bassist Michael Anthony and drummer Alex Van Halen – reunited this spring with Sammy Hagar, the band's on-again, off-again lead singer, to tour in support of a new greatest-hits compilation, The Best of Both Worlds.

Sammy Hagar and Eddie Van Halen perform in Phoenix, Ariz., on Aug. 5. But a report posted Monday on the Melodic Rock website, which has been picked up by other sites, suggests that the foursome is once again about to disintegrate.

The site reports that breakup rumours "flared again last week after Hagar appeared on U.S. radio station KSHE, stating in an interview that he thought the Van Halen reunion was fun, but it brought closure to that chapter."

Hagar also reportedly went on to complain about the high ticket prices for the tour and how some members of the band were not into fan interaction.

The site also says that it "was implied that once the current dates were completed, Hagar would return to touring [as a solo act] and the future of Van Halen would again be up in the air."

The band, known for hits like Jump and Running with the Devil, is currently on a swing through Western Canada. They played Edmonton on Monday and Calgary on Tuesday.

They have dates scheduled for Saskatoon on Thursday and Winnipeg on Saturday. A Montreal date is also slated for Nov. 9.

The Edmonton Sun reported that, despite some onstage jostling, the Edmonton show was "one big celebration of brotherly love."

Before this year, Hagar – who has had solo success with hits like I Can't Drive 55 – had been absent from the group since 1996.

As fans of hard-rock soap operas know, the group first rose to prominence in the 1970s when it was fronted by the flamboyant David Lee Roth. Roth parted ways with Van Halen in 1985, and was replaced by Hagar.

When Hagar left, he was replaced briefly by Gary Cherone, the former lead singer of Extreme. Cherone's tenure was the shortest of all, lasting only for a single album.

Roth then rejoined the group to record the band's first greatest-hits album in 1996, but the reconciliation was not permanent.

Written by CBC News Online staff

JCOOK
10-27-2004, 11:07 PM
VAN HALEN BROKE UP IN 1985 THE BAG OF SHIT PREPORTING TO BE VAN HALEN IS JUST THAT A BAG OF SHIT!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE

MmboSlmrCasalad
10-28-2004, 12:23 AM
"WAAAH! WAAAH! WAAAH!"

The Red Rocker is so upset about high ticket prices. Maybe he should refund all the suckers who went to the shows if he feels so bad...
That's what I thought.

bueno bob
10-28-2004, 12:56 AM
Wait a minute...Hagar "had solo success"? Where the fuck did they get THAT information?!?!?

JCOOK
10-28-2004, 04:34 AM
He sold out the flea market circuit in 1990

Switch84
10-28-2004, 06:24 AM
:D The fat lady ( or is that Spammy?) is warming up, y'all! She's about to sing a swan song for Van Hagar.

VAN HAGAR! BRING OUT YER DEAD! BRING OUT YER DEAD!

DavidLeeNatra
10-28-2004, 11:17 AM
when hagar left...van hagar left...

bueno bob
10-28-2004, 11:59 AM
You know, the Waboritas should fire Sammy and replace him.

Serve that fat fucker right.

aesop
10-28-2004, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Wait a minute...Hagar "had solo success"? Where the fuck did they get THAT information?!?!?

LMAO... We'll, he plays his only 3 hits (out of a 25+ year career) at all of the VanHagar shows anyways. What was that stupid acoustic song he always did, about an eagle or bat or something?

bueno bob
10-28-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by aesop
LMAO... We'll, he plays his only 3 hits (out of a 25+ year career) at all of the VanHagar shows anyways. What was that stupid acoustic song he always did, about an eagle or bat or something?

Either "Eagles Fly" or "Shit Floats"...same difference.

RogueHorseman
10-28-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by aesop
What was that stupid acoustic song he always did, about an eagle or bat or something?

No, No.... it is called "When Al eats my man pie"

thepunisher
10-28-2004, 02:44 PM
I wonder if Chris Farley was still alive and if he guest starred on Saturday Night Live if he could come out with a goofy ass wig and beard, with his flip-flops and sunglasses. He would look just like Spammy Hagar. That would be a funny skit and he (as Spammy) go out into the audience and take bites of peoples food. DLR would be the musical guest that night and kick the crap out of the fat tub of lard.
Then Farley would scream "FOR THE LOVE OF ALL GOD STOP!!!!! I'M SO SORRY, weeping, I'M SO SORRY, I JUST WANTED FOOD, TAKE VAN HALEN BACK PLEASE! Hey you got a few bucks I could borrow for a Big Mac or Two? I'll send you some Tequila" And then Dave just shakes his head disapprovingly.

BY the way does anyone know if DLR ever guest starred or was the musical guest on SNL? It seems like he would be funny as hell in some sketches.

bueno bob
10-28-2004, 02:47 PM
Chris Farley...Sammy Hagar...seperated at birth? You be the judge...

JCOOK
10-28-2004, 08:14 PM
" WHEN WABORITAS FLY OUT OF MY ASS"

hard rock
10-30-2004, 11:38 AM
I dont believe any of it. Until it happens i wont believe any of it. They are always saying this and that. Just like they did with Dave. Its all one big joke!!!!!!!

WARF
10-31-2004, 04:52 PM
Fuck all of those greedy fuckers!

SNIPER
10-31-2004, 05:02 PM
I think sam is done after this tour, He is so fucking fat and old that he only has a few good lazy Waborita days left. Future Van Hagar tour and album could only mean heart attack for fat ass.

Bring Dave back and Van Halen could have another 15 year run on top of their game. or untill Ed kicks it.

VHII
11-04-2004, 12:36 PM
sammy cant drive 55