PDA

View Full Version : Van Hagar Troubles in Vancouver 10/23/04

Wolverine
10-28-2004, 02:18 PM
A friend went to see Van Hagar in Vancouver at the Pacific Col on 10/23/04. My friend is not a die hard fan,but he likes both van halen dave and the shitty spammy version. at first he said they rocked,but when I mentioned that I heard there was trouble with the band,he replied with a big woooo yeah!!...he said that there was tension all night between eddie and sammy,they seemed very annoyed with each other on and off stage....
...van hagar truly is rock and rolls biggest mistake!!

bueno bob
10-28-2004, 02:21 PM
Nothing we didn't know already, but it's nice to hear that the hatred is flying loose, fast and free. You mentioned backstage...did your friend actually get off-stage to see the conflict, or...what's the deal with that?

CROWBAR
10-28-2004, 02:27 PM
What's the over/under they break up before Nov. 19?? :D

naR naR

FORD
10-28-2004, 02:30 PM
Whenever the tour ends, that's when they break up.

ThrillsNSpills
10-28-2004, 02:47 PM
The Brothers should just go into boxing or some shit after this tour.

Sounds like they have a lot of anger.

bueno bob
10-28-2004, 02:48 PM
Maybe kickboxing, considering they're as obsessed with peoples nuts as they are...

Golden AWe
10-28-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills

uff, maybe it's not a good idea to mix sumo wrestling with mickey mouse boxing...

bueno bob
10-28-2004, 03:02 PM
Be funny to watch them get their asses beaten down though...somebody lucky enough out there to actually do us the favor...

Shaun Ponsonby
10-28-2004, 03:02 PM
Maybe if Van Hagar do split up after this poor excuse for a tour-then Warner will release something that both The Van Halen's and Dave don't want released-and they'll join forces to stop it from being released (like what Slash and Axl Rose did for Guns'n'Roses Gratest Hits) and then they'll find that they can stand being in a room together, and then decide to make a new album, and then a tour, and we'll all live happily ever after, except that overweight, pie-eating, Roth-wannabe bastard Spammy, which will make us even happier!!!

bueno bob
10-28-2004, 03:08 PM
It's a nice scenario, but David actually WANTS the old shit released. I believe the words he used were "Owed it to the fans to do so". Still...it may yet happen...

WACF
10-28-2004, 03:12 PM
I could see Roth saying that.....

bueno bob
10-28-2004, 03:26 PM
Of course Alex retorted that there "Isn't any unreleased material to speak of, really".

Shaun Ponsonby
10-28-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Of course Alex retorted that there "Isn't any unreleased material to speak of, really".

Alex is a lying twat-according to Dave we 'haven't heard the tip of the ice-berg'

bueno bob
10-28-2004, 04:14 PM
About what I figured. For every five published songs they have out currently, there's probably ten more completed and ready to go at any given moment...

GOD DAMN, I hope we get a chance to hear that shit someday!

Golden AWe
10-28-2004, 04:16 PM
hell, a live version of "beer drinkers and hellraisers" plus "angel eyes" would be enough for me to buy an album...

Shaun Ponsonby
10-28-2004, 06:50 PM
Why hasn't Warner released ANY of this material whatsoever. Even when the 1st 6 albums were reissued and remastered in 2000, no extras or nothing. I went out and bought all those albums again, even though we already had them in the household. Yet, I bet when they remaster the Van Hagar albums, they'll add another 4 discs + DVD per album.

tydhurst
10-28-2004, 07:00 PM
i just hope a good DVD of Roth stuff come out, so Live without a Net can slip away into obscurity and the bargain bins.

ThatArtGuy
10-28-2004, 07:05 PM
Because the classic six pack doesn't need any padding.

RogueHorseman
10-28-2004, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
...I bet when they remaster the Van Hagar albums, they'll add another 4 discs + DVD per album.

Don't hold your breath waiting on WB to remaster the Hagar era discs...

:)

Oh, and welcome to The Army, Shaun!

Shaun Ponsonby
10-28-2004, 07:47 PM
You're right they don't need padding, persay, but each album is just over 30 mins long. On CDs these days-you can fit 80mins, I don't like the fact that you have to pay £10.99 for half an hour of music I already own. OK, I did by them, but I was only 12 at the time-and the only copies of those albums I had were my Dad's old (very old and very scratched) LPs, so I wanted them for my own CD collection (which currently stands at 267 CD's + 3 boxed sets). But, thats beside the point. In fact, I don't even know why I mentioned that...but if there was another 20 mins or so of bonus unheard material on the discs- then, surely they would have sold more.Right?

Shaun Ponsonby
10-28-2004, 07:50 PM
Don't hold your breath waiting on WB to remaster the Hagar era discs...

:)

Oh, and welcome to The Army, Shaun!

Thanks for the welcome, and I don't actually give a shit about Van Hagar releases-that band can crash their tour bus any day-as long as Eddie, Alex and Michael survive so as a VH reunion is still possible

tydhurst
10-28-2004, 07:57 PM
thanks for the vote shaun

Shaun Ponsonby
10-28-2004, 08:01 PM
Ah, it's alright. You seem like a good guy (providing you don't go all Hagar on me)

tydhurst
10-29-2004, 06:40 AM
Hagar... No!

Panamark
10-29-2004, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
it's nice to hear that the hatred is flying loose, fast and free.

It is indeed BB !! Good one, made me laugh :D

Did anyone see that video Sammy made around the Sam/Dave
tour time, that was kissing major Halen sister ass ??
In his own inimitable Sammy Love fest second grader lyric style ????

HAHHAHHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAH

Hey Sammy...

LOVE THIS, MOTHERFUCKER !!

Nickdfresh
10-30-2004, 10:58 PM

They drink their anger.

dave_is_vh
10-30-2004, 11:22 PM
[i]...van hagar truly is rock and rolls biggest mistake!! [/B]

Well put.

Matt White
10-30-2004, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
They drink their anger.

I've always been under the impression that they drink they're own bathwater, Nickdfresh!!!

rustoffa
10-31-2004, 12:12 AM
In addition to tasteless stage presence, sam probably knocks Ed's guitar outta tune with every step....."Hammer On!"

I'd be annoyed too.

VHII
11-01-2004, 09:20 PM
acually on Q 104.3 radio, it said there was a spotting of Dave hangin around with eddie at eddies house, and that was before hagar said hes lieaving van hagar to play with his stupid solo band, a reunion is definitly possible

scottydabodi
11-01-2004, 10:48 PM

Put 'em in the ring with me... I'll straighten out their fucked up attitudes DAMN STRAIGHT... I'm DYING to get my hands on ALEX, that fuckin' bitch-ass PUNK.