X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marcus
    Roadie
    • Oct 2004

Chances of a mini reunion with DLR...

What do you think the chances are that there will be a reunion with DLR , but just as a pay per view event? They could play just a few stadium gigs, and still make a killing.

This is terribly sad for me to say, but at this pace EVH probably doesn't have many years left to live. Smoking AND drinking like he does is just a death wish, especially since he already had cancer. I doubt that at this point in his life he can turn things around. Maybe he could have 10 years ago.

Bottom line is, it will be too late in a few years. By some accounts, it's already too late.
  • Matt White
    • Jun 2004

Marcus, I'm always optimistic that cooler heads will eventually prevail and they will reunite the original lineup. But, in the meantime, DAVE still rocks!!!

Comment

• teamaa104

the problem is eddie, hes like the living dead now, just look at him

Comment

• light 'em up!
        Foot Soldier
        • Mar 2004

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Comment

• Switch84
          Veteran
          • Feb 2004

Yawn...

Originally posted by light 'em up!
          zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
          One more time, folks: DAVY BABY DOESN'T NEED THEM!!! HE WOULDN'T JOIN THAT HALF-ASSED PIECE OF SHIT BAND NOW!

THE SISTERS NEED DAVE, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND!
          "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
          Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• lms2

They need each other...

and I need them back together.

Comment

• Switch84
              Veteran
              • Feb 2004

LMAO!

Originally posted by lms2
              They need each other...

and I need them back together.

:p LOL, you'd probably throw rotten fruit at them if they got back together and put on a half-assed drunken show!

The fantasy's always better than the reality (Even though I'd love to see them back together, too.) Ed has got to get his shit together big time before Davy Baby would sign up again!

Come ON, Eddie! Go to Betty Ford, dude!

LMMFAOBT
              "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
              Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• lms2

Nah, I would put on my rose colored glasses and rock like there was no tomorrow! (Even if they sounded like shit, which Dave would never let happen-they are still my boys!)

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Switch has a point.

The dream of a reunited classic Van Halen firing on all cylinders, a strong possibility 8 years ago, is closer to what we'd want and expect from the band than what they are capable of delivering today.

I'll have to eat crow if they actually went out and pulled it off with style and fire, 'cause I don't think they could do it even if they WANTED to (and three of the classic four won't even entertain the IDEA of it).

Dave and his current band deliver the goods live, so I'm not sure if I agree with lms2 in that all four NEED each other............

...............but they could certainly use each other's company about now to end VH on a note worthy of the band's original lineup, which (face it) is the only one that matters.
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• scottydabodi
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jun 2004

DLR is the ONLY hope that the AssClown Brothers have... DAVE is the only one that can pull them together, and get their act straightened out. The PROBLEM is that those morons would have to swallow their pride, and ask DLR to come back and LEAD THEM TO VICTORY. Dave is a LEADER, he is THE LEADER, and if Al, Ed, and Mikey can't get that through their dense skulls, then I'm afraid that it's over for good... With an ego as big as Ed's, I doubt he could choke down his pride long enough to hear DAVE say: "Yo man, that riff KIX ASS!!" Alex, Eddie, and Mikey all think that Dave has L.S.D.... I would, at this point, like to quote the GREAT Ronnie James Dio: "There's a tremendous difference between a guy who has LSD, Lead Singer Disease, and a guy who knows WHAT THE HELL HE'S DOING." If there's EVER been a Frontman who knows EXACTLY what the fuck he's doing, it's DAVE (Ron too)!!!! Eddie can't accept the fact that Dave is telling him what's a GOOD RIFF, and what's a BAD RIFF... Ed doesn't think that Dave knows the difference, but WE ALL KNOW that, perhaps, DAVE's GREATEST talent is his incredible EAR.
                    If you listen to fools
                    The Mob Rules

Comment

• Viking
                      Veteran
                      • Jan 2004

If Edweird does call Dave, it'll be one of those 'in your face' deals to spite Big Fat Sammy - NOT out of any sense of loyalty to the fans (us!), the band, or a real desire to work with Dave again. Besides, his brother, Monkey Boy, has busted on Dave too much in the last couple of years. I'm sure the tension would be like a fog in the room. As far as I'm concerned, this is nothing more than a half-assed farewell tour that should have occurred years ago.

Comment

• scottydabodi
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jun 2004

Very fuckin' True... Ed's such a shallow wreck... He'll only talk to DAVE to spite Sam, not because he wants to put out great music, and (FINALLY)show the fans (US) that he gives a shit... Someone's gotta knock Ed in the head with BRICK... After ALL the lies, after ALL the deceit, after ALL the years of horrible music, and after ALL THE BULLSHIT THEY SAID ABOUT DAVE the only reason he'd do something with Dave is to piss off Sam.... I am just thinking that if Dave does do a farewell tour, he'll snap those douchbags into shape, and give us a great show, instead of the DrunkEdForgotHowtoPlayUnchained Tour... Ah, Y'know what? DLR is still better off SOLO...
                        If you listen to fools
                        The Mob Rules

Comment

• Terry
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Viking
                          If Edweird does call Dave, it'll be one of those 'in your face' deals to spite Big Fat Sammy - NOT out of any sense of loyalty to the fans (us!), the band, or a real desire to work with Dave again. Besides, his brother, Monkey Boy, has busted on Dave too much in the last couple of years. I'm sure the tension would be like a fog in the room. As far as I'm concerned, this is nothing more than a half-assed farewell tour that should have occurred years ago.
                          Agreed, but all of that would be soap-opera histrionics on the bands part, and a secondary issue.

Wouldn't even matter if the classic lineup reunited and had no personal interaction offstage at all, travelled to gigs in different buses and still continued to slam each other in the press if they got onstage and the performances were still up to classic par.

Writing and recording new material that way would be a stretch, but the whole band doesn't have to love each other/be soulmates/drink whatever alcohol-laced Kool Aid Ed swigs in order to rehearse for an oldies tour and play live, provided they can agree on a four-way even split.

Shit, Van Hagar went on and on about how well they're getting along now at the beginning of this year and the music still sucked, just as it did when Van Hagar first got together and were blowing each other in the press about what great friends they were.

Primary concern would be that the music still sounds good and at least lives up to the legend. Alex and his piss-poor attitude combined with Ed's chronic befuddlement and Dave thrown into the mix doesn't add up to a reunion that sounds promising.
                          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• bueno bob
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jul 2004

If, by some odd chance, I woke up tomorrow and all the bridges had been put back together with new wood, I'd forget everything post 1985 had ever happened and start living again.

As far as a one-off PPV, hey, if that's all it could ever be, I wouldn't argue...but I'd try and find my way there, no shittin'! No way I'd be rockin at home in front of the TV when I could be there rockin in person!
                            Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Re: Chances of a mini reunion with DLR...

Originally posted by Marcus
                              What do you think the chances are that there will be a reunion with DLR?
                              less than zero...and from what I see coming from the halens, I don't want dave back with these assholes...fuck them...
                              Roth Army Icon
                              First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

Working...