PDA

View Full Version : Somewhat interesting...

RogueHorseman
10-30-2004, 12:18 PM
There is "news" at the VHND again... kinda, sorta...

http://www.vhnd.com/articles/041024-01.shtml

Discuss, if you like.

Not sure I give much of a sh*t.

Switch84
10-30-2004, 12:57 PM
:D :p Yada, yada, yada is all I have to say about it! I get more info here and at DDLR.

WE ROCK!!!!!

Switch84
10-30-2004, 12:59 PM
:D Hey, RH! How've you been?

lms2
10-30-2004, 02:31 PM
So the news is that they are sorry there has been no news but they are going to make it up to us big time... and will probably fail miserably, much like the song the quote is taken from.

Thank you lord for providing me with the Roth Army! :D

scottydabodi
10-30-2004, 02:39 PM
Here's some Headline News for them: VanHagar sucks.

lms2
10-30-2004, 03:30 PM
"The only interesting thing about the VHND is me..."

Halen High
10-30-2004, 11:13 PM
So they miss reporting on almost the entire Van Hagar reunion. A reunion they so enthusiastically supported. Then finally get their act together just in time to announce their demise................................

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The VHND is just a PR site for Van Hagar now. Grant's version was far better.

POJO_Risin
10-31-2004, 12:59 AM
I don't have any issues with the VHND in any form...

I'll just say this...

Grant Fisher is/was the creator of the greatest "Van Halen" site on the planet. It was current...and always provided any VH fan anything they could ever want...it was a sad day when he stepped down...

here's to you Grant...and let's hope that the folks that you passed on your baby to...take good care of it...

As long as there's an Army...there will be people here supporting the News Desk...

Don't ruin the rep...extend it...

Matt White
10-31-2004, 01:03 AM
The VHND was a beacon of information during the darkest days. I will always be grateful.

POJO_Risin
10-31-2004, 01:10 AM
It's funny...Grant always stayed above it all...

POJO_Risin
10-31-2004, 01:11 AM
Other than that ONE slight misunderstanding that Grant and I had...we got past it though...lmfao...

hot for david
10-31-2004, 01:12 AM
what the fucl who cares for those fags ,the only important thing here is DIAMOND DAVE

Dan
10-31-2004, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by hot for david
what the fucl who cares for those fags ,the only important thing here is DIAMOND DAVE

Amen to that Hot For David.

lms2
10-31-2004, 01:30 AM
Which one slight misunderstanding would that be, for us newbies that don't remember VHND's brighter days?

POJO_Risin
10-31-2004, 01:32 AM
old news lms2...old news...nothing to rehash...

lms2
10-31-2004, 01:35 AM
just a little history lesson....

POJO_Risin
10-31-2004, 01:37 AM
It was a dark time at the Army...and some stuff got reported that really pissed me off...

and that's that...

lms2
10-31-2004, 01:40 AM
Well that certainly explains it all. :D

lms2
10-31-2004, 01:42 AM
I can see clearly now the rain has gone
I can see all obstacles in my way
Gone are the dark clouds that made me crash
It's going to be a bright, bright sunshiny day

I think I can ride now the pain has gone
And all of the scabs and grazes have disappeared
Here's the bow-ti I've been praying for
It's gonna be a bright, bright sunshiny day

Look all around there's nothing but blue skies
Look straight ahead nothing but blue skies

I think I can ride the fells now the rain has gone
And all of the mud + puddles have disappeared
I can ride again now the rain has gone
It's gonna be a bright, bright
Sunshiny day

Rikk
10-31-2004, 01:51 AM
Those were the days. We were all expecting Dave to return in 2000. Hell, also in '96. And the News Desk was just providing every scrap of information there was and even promoting the hell out of Dave when it seemed he wasn't coming back. I loved that place! It was THE Classic Van Halen site MANY years ago...before the Army, before it all.

rustoffa
10-31-2004, 01:57 AM
I wonder if www. vanhalenbadnewsdesk.com is taken?

RogueHorseman
10-31-2004, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Matt White
The VHND was a beacon of information during the darkest days. I will always be grateful.

Absolutely. Grant did us all proud.

It was when it became apparent Sam was back as hired hand front man, after all those years, that it at last took the wind out of his sails...

You know, the way the band has conducted themselves has been such a letdown to so many people, on so many levels, for so long. Since the day Dave first left, truth be told.

bueno bob
10-31-2004, 11:58 AM
VHND was the ONLY Van Halen news source for years...haven't looked at it since Van Hagar made it's stumbling return back to the world arena, but hearing that it's become a Van Hagar PR forum does me no interest in revisiting it anytime soon.

frenchie
10-31-2004, 12:09 PM
VHND was a good webside all these years..........for european fans as me, it was the only site to have fresh news all these years before i discover the army.I could never say bad things about this site.i think they understood that van halen is now dead.

Halen High
10-31-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by RogueHorseman
Absolutely. Grant did us all proud.

It was when it became apparent Sam was back as hired hand front man, after all those years, that it at last took the wind out of his sails...

You know, the way the band has conducted themselves has been such a letdown to so many people, on so many levels, for so long. Since the day Dave first left, truth be told.

Absolutely!

I exchanged a few emails with Grant when the Van Hagar reunion rumours broke last November. Neither of us believed it would happen. When it became apparent that it would, I think he felt as let down as most fans did. It just killed what little enthusism he had left for VH. Like most of us, he knew nothing good would come of it.

The closing of the original VHND was symbolic really.