PDA

View Full Version : Dave Mentioned in Tommy Lee's new book "TommyLand"!!

Wolverine
11-04-2004, 11:16 AM
Tommy Lee's new book mentions Dave a few times. One story in there is when Dave was at the Old beat up Motley house in the early days. The house was a fucked up,messed up piece of shit and Dave was talking up a storm and while Dave was talking a mirror fell on his head, but Dave was doing blow at the time,and what was really funny is that Dave didn't even notice what happened to himself!!...Cool!!

VHII
11-04-2004, 11:34 AM
good for tommy

Seshmeister
11-04-2004, 12:05 PM
He told that story in the previous book "The Dirt".

Typical Motley Crue, sell you the same thing again and again...

scottydabodi
11-04-2004, 12:11 PM
That's pretty fuckin funny!! Dave all geeked up, and talkin a mile a minute, not even noticing that a mirror fell on his head!! Dave is virtually indestructable!!

diamondsgirl
11-04-2004, 12:13 PM
I heard that before, but never knew if it was true or if Dave was injured.
Anyone?

horty07
11-04-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
He told that story in the previous book "The Dirt".

Typical Motley Crue, sell you the same thing again and again...
sadly the Crue are becomong the next Kiss. They put a shinney new label on the same old stuff and re sell it.

rustoffa
11-04-2004, 12:28 PM
I heard he dedicated a hole chapter to his penis....
Maybe it was "a" penis?
Maybe that chapter's about whateverthefuck.

Seshmeister
11-04-2004, 12:32 PM
His account in the Dirt of how Pammy accidently slipped and repeatedly struck herself when he was nowhere near her was unintentionally very funny.

Well to me at least.

He must think his readers are even dumber than he is.

Nigel
11-04-2004, 05:09 PM
Did Tommy mention how Vince Neil immediately went into the bathroom
and started making himself look exactly like Dave.

What a cheap, drunken bunch of loser lookalikes that coat-tailed off Van Halen for the
"Cotton Candy" wannabe audience. Did he also mention how many innocent people they've
killed in auto accidents.

This Band should be thrown in jail and fire-bombed.

davegian
11-04-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by horty07
sadly the Crue are becomong the next Kiss. They put a shinney new label on the same old stuff and re sell it.

Motley Crue has ALWAYS been the next KISS . . .

Think about it

Both bands have really limitted talent (especially compared to other bands of the era, VH, GNR etc) and write shitty-ass songs about the same damn junior high party or being "bad" or something, and try to make up for their shortcomings on stage with some really "tough" :rolleyes: looking makeup and "costumes"

Guns 'n' Roses was a bunch of ture badasses, the Crue was a bunch of wannabes

rustoffa
11-04-2004, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by davegian

Think about it

Both bands have really limitted talent (especially compared to other bands of the era, VH, GNR etc) and write shitty-ass songs about the same damn junior high party or being "bad" or something, and try to make up for their shortcomings on stage with some really "tough" :rolleyes: looking makeup and "costumes"

:D
The "Looks that kill" video gives your post major backup!

"Shout at the devil" sounds pretty good really loud though.

bueno bob
11-04-2004, 08:09 PM
Crue was always the second coming of Kiss to me as well...some catchy hooks, but no musicianship to speak of compared to what else was out there...all the success based on looks and image and marketing, nothing more.

Switch84
11-04-2004, 08:32 PM
:rolleyes: Motley Pew has always been a bootleg Van Halen in my book! Even the current phase of VH sounds better than those sorry motherfuckers!

DLRDUDE
11-04-2004, 08:48 PM
Well at the risk of getting slammed once again. I know this is the DLR board and hey I agree he was the best front man ever. What in the world do you have against the Crue? Sure they patterned themselves after Halen or Vince did but so did Poison and many others. That's kind of like a sort of tribute. Motley Crue had a different style of music than Halen but it still Kicked ass IMO. Hey I loved Ratt too. There was nothing else to listen to other than an occasional DLR release and there were some good songs but come on after "Eat 'em and smile" it was grasping and he knew it and that's why Steve Vai bolted and so did Billy Sheehan to start there own (Un) successful bands. I know ya'll are gonna knock me hard but ya can't live in the past forever. DLR rocks on forever but you can't knock bands that were ten years old when Dave was in his prime and might possibly have a larger fan base than the legend himself. Peace

speedtruckermf
11-04-2004, 10:27 PM
How do I give a negative 5 star rating to DLRDUDE?:D

Panamark
11-05-2004, 05:17 AM
Give me Motley Crue over Van Hagar anyday.

Hey, and at least these no good fuckers admit their hate
for each other, yet still manage to get it together.

I heard that Mick Mars (53) had hip replacement surgery
last week.. Anyone else hear this ??

hard rock
11-05-2004, 02:16 PM
most talented guy in that band is tommy. he really is a good drummer. good fills and stuff without overdoing it

Bill Lumbergh
11-05-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Nigel
Did Tommy mention how Vince Neil immediately went into the bathroom
and started making himself look exactly like Dave.

What a cheap, drunken bunch of loser lookalikes that coat-tailed off Van Halen for the
"Cotton Candy" wannabe audience. Did he also mention how many innocent people they've
killed in auto accidents.

This Band should be thrown in jail and fire-bombed.

Dont sugar coat it dude, tell us how you REALLY feel! ;)

Bill Lumbergh
11-05-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by DLRDUDE
Well at the risk of getting slammed once again. I know this is the DLR board and hey I agree he was the best front man ever. What in the world do you have against the Crue? Sure they patterned themselves after Halen or Vince did but so did Poison and many others. That's kind of like a sort of tribute. Motley Crue had a different style of music than Halen but it still Kicked ass IMO. Hey I loved Ratt too. There was nothing else to listen to other than an occasional DLR release and there were some good songs but come on after "Eat 'em and smile" it was grasping and he knew it and that's why Steve Vai bolted and so did Billy Sheehan to start there own (Un) successful bands. I know ya'll are gonna knock me hard but ya can't live in the past forever. DLR rocks on forever but you can't knock bands that were ten years old when Dave was in his prime and might possibly have a larger fan base than the legend himself. Peace

Yes, Vince Neil, Warrant, and Winger have bigger fan bases than Dave :rolleyes:

Nigel
11-05-2004, 04:48 PM
I'll admit that I saw Tommy on Larry King and he IS a badass drummer.
Its too bad that either shyness or alcoholism has impeded his ability to speak "on camera", but anyone who has fucked Pamela Anderson AND Heather Locklear in the same lifetime,
is definately worth listening to.

Too bad DLR never got chance to "pitch" his autobiography when it came out.
Just goes to show how fucked up you have to be to get Major Airtime.

Cheers
Nigel

DLRDUDE
11-05-2004, 09:23 PM
A negative five star rating! I by george stand by what I say. Definately stand by what I say. (maybe the fan base thing was a tad off) Hell VH's 1st record came out in '79. Not sure if they had anything when they were "Mammoth" but the Crue hit the scene in the early 80's and they lasted a bit longer. My argument isn't between the two bands, it's why ya knockin other bands. I guess AC/DC sucks too

TongueNGroove
11-05-2004, 09:43 PM
Just cause you suck dave's cock for a living is no reason to bash one of the greates rock bands of all time. Motley Crue are one hell of a kick ass rock band. I've seen them twice in concert and they put on a much better show than any Van Halen concert ever. Not to mention the fact that thier music kicks ass on top of it.

No, the Crue were not know for their technical proficiency at any instrument, but they dont have to finger tap all over the fretboard or do a 30 min drum solo in order to send the message that they shred faces.

Tommy Lee downing a bottle of Jack and then lifting off the ground and spinning around in his drum set cage while doing a drum solo is something that just simply can not be duplicated as far as the coolness factor goes.

Motley Crue know how to put on a show. From the pyrotechnics to the dancing babes to the light show to the just pure charisma, they have it all.

And I have no earthly idea how you guys came to the conclusion that Vince Neal is a DLR clone?? I have never thought he resembeled DLR in any shape or form. He doesnt sing like him, dress like him, act like him, or even look like him! Hell the only thing that's even remtely close is the hair color and Vince has always had a platinum blonde look not that highlighted thing that dave had going on.

DLRDUDE
11-05-2004, 10:09 PM
Well there are probably a few out here in Roth land trying to figure out who Steve Vai and Billy Sheehan are and I really couldn't tell you the name of the drummer because he wasn't that good. But I'm sure somone will search the web and let me know and once again proclaim themself as a lifelong, known every concert VH ever played and they are only 16 years old.

teamaa104
11-06-2004, 10:47 PM
man DLR must have talked so much faster when he used to do blow, fuck hes out of control now, imagine high, pheww..

scottydabodi
11-07-2004, 01:39 AM
Well there are probably a few out here in Roth land trying to figure out who Steve Vai and Billy Sheehan are and I really couldn't tell you the name of the drummer because he wasn't that good. But I'm sure somone will search the web and let me know and once again proclaim themself as a lifelong, known every concert VH ever played and they are only 16 years old.

I'm not 16, numbnuts, and the drummer was Gregg Bissonette...

Wayne L.
11-07-2004, 03:18 PM
Tommy Lee is a great rock drummer in his own right but he has the mind of a 12 year old being in his early 40's besides he was out of his mind for losing Heather Locklear. Anybody who would actually buy Tommyland is just as crazy as he is while it must have been overwhelming for Motley Crue having Dave in the same room. I read the MC autobiography The Dirt which I got from the library a few years ago & calling them the bad boys of rock is ludicrious since it was mostly for publicity in the 80's for the naive MTV generation.

TongueNGroove
11-08-2004, 01:29 AM
Ohh ok, Niki sixx ODing and actually dying for several minutes from Heroine and Vince Neil actually killing someone in a DUI is not bad?

Wtf do you have to do to be considered bad? These guys fucked everything that moved in the 80's-90's. They did every drug there is. They were the first in the rock scene to get the full body tats. They made the whole Harley scence cool with their Girls,Girls,Girls video.

I mean jeez dude give credit where it is due.

CROWBAR
11-08-2004, 02:07 PM
Vince Neil is the next biggest Roth wannabe behind Bret Michaels tongue in arsehole! They both patterned themselves after him moron! You kill me with your stupidity! :lol:

DLR_EngineRoom
11-08-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by davegian

Think about it

S'Crue You. KISS rules and so does the Crue. Or at least Gene n' Paul & Vince and Tommy. As far as GNR goes, sure they released a few good songs, but Appetite was way overrated, and now that Axl's gone (thank Gawd!) we can see what the band is REALLY made of with Velvet Revolver.

guwapo_rocker
11-08-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by TongueNGroove
Ohh ok, Niki sixx ODing and actually dying for several minutes from Heroine and Vince Neil actually killing someone in a DUI is not bad?

Wtf do you have to do to be considered bad? These guys fucked everything that moved in the 80's-90's. They did every drug there is. They were the first in the rock scene to get the full body tats. They made the whole Harley scence cool with their Girls,Girls,Girls video.

You want us to give Vince Neil credit for killing someone in a DUI?

TongueNGroove
11-08-2004, 09:22 PM
Uhh yah I do. When someone says this.

"I read the MC autobiography The Dirt which I got from the library a few years ago & calling them the bad boys of rock is ludicrious since it was mostly for publicity in the 80's for the naive MTV generation."

Motley Crue werent pretend wanna be "Bad Boys", they were the real thing.

academic punk
12-21-2004, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
His account in the Dirt of how Pammy accidently slipped and repeatedly struck herself when he was nowhere near her was unintentionally very funny.

Well to me at least.

He must think his readers are even dumber than he is.

I don't think he thinks that. I think he's just an idiot.

There was an interview with him once in a British mag, and he was asked, "What's the worst thing you ever spent money on?"

his response was his Lamboughini. (I'm paraphrasing) "Because I spent like half a million dollars on that thing, and from the second you drive it off the lot it starts DEPRECIATING. Duuuude, what ther f*cks up with that? Man!!!"

He was talking as if even three readers would be sitting there thinking "Yeah! Same thing happened to me when I bought mine!" Talk about not appreciating what you've got...I'm not envying his wealth, it's just a little offensive the way he doesn't appreciate his.

Coyote
12-21-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
You want us to give Vince Neil credit for killing someone in a DUI?

Not just "someone": Razzle, the drummer for fuckin' Hanoi Rocks! :mad:

DLR7884
12-21-2004, 01:05 PM
A negative five star rating! I by george stand by what I say. Definately stand by what I say.

Did you say "by george?"

DLR7884
How gay can you be?

Vivian Campbell
12-21-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by TongueNGroove

These are all very inspiring accomplishments.

Bill Lumbergh
12-21-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Vivian Campbell
These are all very inspiring accomplishments.

LMFAO! Yeah and the comment "they fucked everything that moved" is no big deal. What rock star DOESNT fuck everything that moves "by George!"