PDA

View Full Version : Way to go Bush Voters!

LickMyCream
11-06-2004, 07:00 PM
http://kevxml2adsl.verizon.net/_1_278RTO102E2O3PD__vzn.dsl/apnws/story.htm?kcfg=apart&sin=D866L4280&qcat=usnews&ran=10779&passqi=&feed=ap&top=1

What i'm wondering is, why send a veteran who completed his duty to Iraq, when there are so many eager Bush voters they can send instead?:confused:

DEMON CUNT
11-07-2004, 04:47 AM
It's like this...

http://www.bartcop.com/please-w-another.gif

Cathedral
11-07-2004, 05:33 AM
I can see his point, and i guarentee he'll will win his lawsuit and won't have to go.

Don't worry about that dude, he'll be ok.
I hope that the precedent it sets doesn't end up with a flood of re-activists filing suit though.
Not all of them would be a hardship case as is with this story.

LickMyCream
11-07-2004, 06:10 AM
Lmao, reactivation in itself is pretty fucked up. Hardship story or not.

IF they can do that, what makes you think there won't be a draft either?

Switch84
11-07-2004, 10:04 AM
:rolleyes: :p Some of you non-military seem to yap incessantly about something you haven't a clue about, so let me help ya!

I'm an Air Force veteran. When I signed up and took the oath, I signed up for an 8 yr. term: 4 active, 4 inactive. At any given time I do not complete my inactive 4 years (National Guard, AF Reserves, or some other "Weekend Warrior" shit) I COULD BE RE-ACTIVATED INTO MILITARY SERVICE!

Most folks don't worry about doing the inactive part, because there was no pressing conflict/war in the horizon, and the government doesn't press the issue. Now that we're in a shortage of military manpower, those of us in fields that are critically needed could be called back (Mine was Supply. I think they have enough of them, I guess, LOL.)

There were a couple of fellow vets here in Georgia that were called back years after they've served! I could be next, if my MOS hits critical. I won't bitch about it, because I did raise my hand and took that oath. Only downside would be my uniform...IT DOESN'T FIT ANYMORE!

Uncle Sam would gladly give me another one......

LMMFAOBT!

LickMyCream
11-07-2004, 02:46 PM
Go read the article again. He DID serve his 8 years.

In other words, they could be trying the same thing to you even if you complete your 4 years of inactive duty.