PDA

View Full Version : Political Poll: Drug Legalization

BITEYOASS
11-07-2004, 01:37 PM
What are your feelings on this subject? IMO Marijuana should be legal; yet hard drugs like cocaine, heroine, LSD & etc. should be kept illegal. And get rid of these manditory minimun senteces, non-violent drug offenders should not be sent to a maximum security facility, but a rehab. As far as drug testing is concerned, it should apply to those businesses which would be considered hazardous such as the military, construction, the medical field, or any other industry involving heavy machinery and dangerous materials.

BITEYOASS
11-07-2004, 01:39 PM
Damnit, the poll didn't show!
:(

FORD
11-07-2004, 01:56 PM
I say legalize ALL of them. Marijuana should be completely decriminalized and regulated in the way that alcohol and tobacco are.

As far as the others go, legalize them and treat them as prescription drugs - as most of them, from heroin and coke to acid and ecstasy - started out as anyway.

Why would I want to legalize hard drugs? Two reasons:

1) To treat drug addiction as a medical problem and NOT a criminal problem.

2) To completely DESTROY the primary source of BCE/CIA/AL Qaeda "black ops" funding.

Yeah, it's just a pure coincidence that Opium production in Afghanistan is at an all time high right now... Remember, George Bush Sr got the name "Poppy" for a reason.

And if anybody thinks this is "liberal extremism" talking, why don't you ask the Libertarian party (generally right leaning) what they think about this issue. :)

Wayne L.
11-07-2004, 03:32 PM
I think pot should be legalized even though I don't smoke it.

ODShowtime
11-07-2004, 07:30 PM
it's a crime that pot is a crime. It's a waste of a policeman's time

jhale667
11-07-2004, 07:36 PM
The fact that marijuana is illegal while tobacco and alcohol aren't has always astounded me. What's the worst thing that'll happen if you OD on weed...you'll eat a box of twinkies and take a NAP ;)?

Nickdfresh
11-07-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by jhale667
The fact that marijuana is illegal while tobacco and alcohol aren't has always astounded me. What's the worst thing that'll happen if you OD on weed...you'll eat a box of twinkies and take a NAP ;)?

Really!! I think the twinkies might be worse for you than the pot is!:D

Viking
11-07-2004, 08:38 PM
I don't favor 'legalizing' it, per se, but I think that organics like weed, mushrooms, etc. should be decriminalized. If it grows naturally in the wild, let it be. We waste too much money and too many resources - not to mention fucking up the lives of otherwise law-abiding citizens, IMO - by locking up someone who was doing a couple of bong hits in the privacy of their (or someone else's) home. Money and resources, mind you, that should be invested in combating real civil problems. I don't think that if you're sitting there in front of your computer, smoking a bowl, it's a grave threat to me, my family, or our personal liberty or safety. Now, if you get up and go try to drive to Burger King like that, that's a whole 'nuther story, and your ass needs to be in a concrete cell - for everyone's good. That shit should be treated just like liquor, insofar as possessing and inbibing in it.

It's that damned libertarian streak in me. :D

Nickdfresh
11-07-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Viking
I don't favor 'legalizing' it, per se, but I think that organics like weed, mushrooms, etc. should be decriminalized. If it grows naturally in the wild, let it be. We waste too much money and too many resources - not to mention fucking up the lives of otherwise law-abiding citizens, IMO - by locking up someone who was doing a couple of bong hits in the privacy of their (or someone else's) home. Money and resources, mind you, that should be invested in combating real civil problems. I don't think that if you're sitting there in front of your computer, smoking a bowl, it's a grave threat to me, my family, or our personal liberty or safety. Now, if you get up and go try to drive to Burger King like that, that's a whole 'nuther story, and your ass needs to be in a concrete cell - for everyone's good. That shit should be treated just like liquor, insofar as possessing and inbibing in it.

It's that damned libertarian streak in me. :D

Wow Viking, we do agree on something!

Nickdfresh
11-07-2004, 08:46 PM
Just be sure that pot does not impair your judgement!

DaveIsKing
11-07-2004, 09:08 PM
The Drug War should be ended. We should have regulated decriminalization. Marijuana, which has never killed anyone, should be legalized for sure. Our drug policy should be reformed, with less criminal penalties and more drug abuse clinics.

Viking
11-07-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh:

Wow Viking, we do agree on something!

Listen, on certain personal liberties issues, I ain't barking out my ass when I say I'm libertarian. If I knew you're trying to push heroin off on 12-year-olds, I'd personally hunt you down and blow your head off, then shit in the stump. But if you're a legal adult, and want to smoke a bowl in the privacy of your own home, I'll take a bullet to defend your right to do it. 'Liberty' is a concept that the bureaucracy - and others - simply can't grasp. Get outta my fuckin' yard and quit raggin' on me, ya know? ;)

DaveIsKing
11-07-2004, 10:37 PM
Well, Viking, I myself am a libertarian as well. I am a firm believer in PRIVACY.

But, many call me a conservative because I aggravate them about Bush winning and because I don't appreciate liberal agendas shoved down my throat or queers (or anyone for that matter) making out in public.

I believe in freedom of speech, but I also believe in decency and having some fucking respect for others IN PUBLIC.

jhale667
11-07-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by DaveIsKing
The Drug War should be ended. We should have regulated decriminalization. Marijuana, which has never killed anyone, should be legalized for sure. Our drug policy should be reformed, with less criminal penalties and more drug abuse clinics.

Omigod....I just agreed with you on something. Maybe you ain't so bad after all.:rolleyes:

DaveIsKing
11-07-2004, 10:54 PM
You may agree with me a lot more if you knew where all I stand on the issues instead of just public sex acts.

jhale667
11-07-2004, 10:55 PM
I don't appreciate liberal agendas shoved down my throat or queers (or anyone for that matter) making out in public.

I believe in freedom of speech, but I also believe in decency and having some fucking respect for others IN PUBLIC.

Dude, you just did it again! Stop making sense! ;)

DaveIsKing
11-07-2004, 10:56 PM
See...it's scary ain't it?

jhale667
11-07-2004, 10:57 PM
See...it's scary ain't it?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

DaveIsKing
11-07-2004, 10:59 PM
DAVE IS KING LOVES HIS COUNTRY, ASSHOLES!

DO YOU GET THAT, SCUMBAGS!

DO YOU SUCK DICKS? :eek:

jhale667
11-07-2004, 11:03 PM

DO YOU SUCK DICKS?

SIR, NO SIR!!! :D

That full metal jacket dude cracks me up.

DaveIsKing
11-07-2004, 11:04 PM
He is fucking hilarious.

I guess you couldn't tell...I am a MAJOR KUBRICK-ITE.

jhale667
11-07-2004, 11:06 PM
It's all so clear to me now...;)

DaveIsKing
11-07-2004, 11:07 PM
Stop Dave. Will you stop? :D

jhale667
11-07-2004, 11:16 PM
Here's one for ya....

DaveIsKing
11-07-2004, 11:17 PM
"Welly, welly, welly, welly, welly, welly, welly, welly, well...."

I viddy an old pic of Alex, my brothers.

ODShowtime
11-08-2004, 12:42 PM
The only reason people like us, all the people who have responded in this thread, aren't all on the same team is because the parties in this country know if all the people with common sense in this country got together they'd all be out on their asses.

We are all divided over issues that don't mean jack while people have their reputations and jobs stolen for no good reason.

blueturk
11-09-2004, 03:29 AM
I personally think that marijuana should be regulated much like alcohol,although I can't say the same for coke or heroin.As far as drug testing goes,if I smoke a joint watching football on Sunday and test positive on Tuesday and I'm in trouble,that's a crock of shit.Drug testing should be used to determine an individual's intoxication(or lack of it) at the time of the test,not within the last 3 or 4 weeks.Unfortunately,the Bush administration still seems to equate marijuana with crack cocaine.

ODShowtime
11-09-2004, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by blueturk
As far as drug testing goes,if I smoke a joint watching football on Sunday and test positive on Tuesday and I'm in trouble,that's a crock of shit.Drug testing should be used to determine an individual's intoxication(or lack of it) at the time of the test,not within the last 3 or 4 weeks.Unfortunately,the Bush administration still seems to equate marijuana with crack cocaine.

This truly is a terrible injustice. But someone makes money selling those fucking drug tests, and I'm sure they lobbied to get them legalized in the first place, and lobby to keep them legal.

Bush hasn't been as bad on drugs as I thought he'd be. If it wasn't for Osama, there's a very good chance some drug lord would be the bogeyman. Then again, they busted Chong...