PDA

View Full Version : nonbody gives a flying fuck aboot van halen , david lee twat or any other of the mind

flappo
11-09-2004, 08:34 AM
do they?

be honest

van halen finished in 1984/5 , everything since then on dave and eds side has been a pisstake of their former glory

personally i think we should all club together and sue the band for defamation of character , ie: ruining any fucking chance that vh will ever have of ever being put in the same calibre of bands such as the who , zep or queen

van halen are a pathetic fucking joke and being the support act for bon fucking crap jovi was the final nail in the coffin of their reputation

tydhurst
11-09-2004, 08:41 AM
I'm sorry, i missed the beginning of this argument!

RogueHorseman
11-09-2004, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by flappo
do they?

be honest

van halen finished in 1984/5 , everything since then on dave and eds side has been a pisstake of their former glory

personally i think we should all club together and sue the band for defamation of character , ie: ruining any fucking chance that vh will ever have of ever being put in the same calibre of bands such as the who , zep or queen

van halen are a pathetic fucking joke and being the support act for bon fucking crap jovi was the final nail in the coffin of their reputation

Thing is, you are wrong in the fact that CVH -- Dave's version of the band -- IS revered by classic rock radio and its fanbase worldwide and always will be. The legend is set. CVH is played right alongside The Who, Stones, Zeppelin, Queen and Pink Floyd. The six pack will live forevermore.

The Hagar'nized version did damage to the legacy, no doubt, but in the end the cream rises to the top (the six pack/Dave era) and stays there.

Matt White
11-09-2004, 09:39 AM
I don't wanna sue the members that are in Van Hagar, I'd rather run them over with a bus.

Golden AWe
11-09-2004, 09:53 AM
flappo's right, they could've been the best band ever but it's all ruined

now all we have is the six grate albums, but no official concert video's, no extra stuff from the demo tapes and live recordings released as bonus tracks on remasters

where are the "how the west was won" and "the beatles anthology parts I-IV" with unreleased tracks by van halen

all we have is a couple of magazines with nice pictures from the past

Matt White
11-09-2004, 10:25 AM
There is a number of quality LIVE bootleg concert films, yet no official release from the band 20 years down the road. The US festival? Largo? Brazil? It's fucking criminal to deny the millions of fans who supported them and made them rich this one last request. Not ever gonna get back with DAVE? Cool. Give us the concert films you cocksuckers!
Even their video release GH was short on the DAVE material. The live clips from 79 & 81. Some of us remember they exist. Fuck, some of us have 'em on tape. Self serving bastards.

Loki
11-09-2004, 10:41 AM
shitty shitty bang bang indeed. fools!

flappo
11-09-2004, 11:23 AM
it was all a joke

:)

of course i love dave and the boys

i just thought main could do with a bit of a shakeup

:D

ZahZoo
11-09-2004, 11:28 AM
Once again Flappo pisses on our leg and attempts to tell us it's raining...

Loki
11-09-2004, 11:29 AM
shake thou main, shake. huzzah huzzah.

Golden AWe
11-09-2004, 11:56 AM
i only love them in a manly way nowadays

MUSICMAN64
11-11-2004, 05:50 AM
I MUST AGREE. THEY COULD HAVE RULED FOR SO LONG BUT INSTEAD THEY TURNED INTO A FOREIGNER/JOURNEY TYPE OF BAND WITH INTERCHANGEABLE SINGERS. IS IS STEVE PERRY? IS IT LOU GRAMM? IS THAT THE THIRD LEAD SINGER FOR VH?

IT REALLY SUCKS THAT OUR FAVORITE AND HAS BEEN REDUCED TO THIS. CAN YOU IMAGINE ALL THE GREAT ALBUMS THEY COLD HAVEPUT OUT AFTER 1984. I THINK I MAY CRY JUST THINKING ABOUT IT.

lms2
11-11-2004, 05:53 AM
I love them all, but without Dave in the band, the remaining three members should be sued. They should have to maintain this site as it is the only place us true fans can go for comfort. However, no amount of money can make up for what the sisters have cost the world by cheating Dave and themselves out of what could have been.

Cool thread Flappo!

Nickdfresh
11-11-2004, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by Matt White
I don't wanna sue the members that are in Van Hagar, I'd rather run them over with a bus.

They're

Nickdfresh
11-11-2004, 05:55 AM

They're not worth ruining a perfectly good bus! That fat fuck Sammy would really do some damage and possibly endanger the driver!

lms2
11-11-2004, 06:00 AM
Yes, but the bus is replacable.
Come to think of it, so is Hagar! HAR HAR HAR

Panamark
11-11-2004, 06:14 AM
Yup, since 5150 its been all downhill. (With a faint glimmer of hope in 96) The current tour is a disgrace, insult and embarrassment to all
true fans of this once revered Rock Band.

Bring on DLRBand 2.

Fuck Van Hagar.

I think Van Hagar has one week to go.. Good riddance.
Send Spammy back to his Mumu and Curler nights in Cabo.
Thats where he belongs

rustoffa
11-11-2004, 07:39 AM
Man, I wonder how inspired the last few van hagar shows will be?

I'd guess they're counting the seconds 'til it's over.

Panamark
11-11-2004, 07:56 AM
I wonder if Ed will finally figure out Unchained and RWTD ??

(Not that the hagar sheep would ever pickup the mistakes)

Hopefully Spam and Ed come to blows again...

YEAH !!

Apollo
11-11-2004, 08:14 AM
I dont think there will ever be a reunion and I doubt that Van Halen will ever release anything listenable ever again.

RIP VAN HALEN

I just wish they (or Warner Bros) would release some goodies from the vault.
Unused songs, concert recordings, demos the lot.

Is Eddie too drunk to have any business sense? They would make millions. Or do they hate Roth that much that they keep this shit back just so he wont make 1/4th?

kentuckyklira
11-11-2004, 12:43 PM
David Lee Roth´s "Eat em and Smile" and "Skyscraper" are amongst my favorite all time albums!

If that band had stuck together they would have kicked some serious ass. They might even have stopped crap like Nirvana and Rage Against the Machine from happening!

lms2
11-11-2004, 05:22 PM
Well, it will be interesting to see what 2005 brings for Dave, be it a solo project, the release of the material his band made mention of at the Rama show, or a reunion with the original three... which even if UI am not sure thats what any of us wants anymore, I will not rule it out till one of them is dead.

Warham
11-11-2004, 05:35 PM
I can't think of a band that's damaged their reputation more than Van Halen.

Perhaps Jefferson Airplane/Starship, after 'We Built This City', but I'd still give the nod to Van Halen.

lms2
11-11-2004, 05:39 PM
Van Halen did alot of things. ;) The sad thing is I think they still could.

Denny
11-11-2004, 05:45 PM
do they?

be honest

I like this instead

scottydabodi
11-11-2004, 07:21 PM
VH is finished without Dave... I mean, if you really look at it, all of DLR's solo cd's all sound like really good CVH cd's, whereas all Van Hagar cd's sound like a really bad Foreigner cd... get the picture?

johnnybaby
11-11-2004, 07:44 PM
VH could never be the same without DLR. They should have changed their name instead of acting like an imposter.

Switch84
11-11-2004, 09:02 PM
:D Do you think they'll be a pariah in the minds of promoters after this tour? I think so, unless they have DAVID LEE ROTH with them.

Warner Brothers may drop them yet AGAIN!

Serves them right. FUCKERS.

DLRDUDE
11-11-2004, 09:18 PM
"Since 5150" Oh you better keep your mouth shut or the vulchers will get you. Don't you remember they just SUCK

scottydabodi
11-11-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Switch84
:D Do you think they'll be a pariah in the minds of promoters after this tour? I think so, unless they have DAVID LEE ROTH with them.

Warner Brothers may drop them yet AGAIN!

Serves them right. FUCKERS.

Oww!!! Switch hits us with more truth again!! Great post!!

CCC: No Dave, No Tour.
Alex: But, err, duh, Dave's a dick.
Mikey: Yeah, he gets all the chicks...
Ed: Uhh... Dave who? **BBBUUURRRAAAPPPP!!!**
Alex: No way, man, he makes us rehearse and stuff... and Ed don't like to practice, it gets in the way of his, err, drinking...
Mikey: Whatever yous guys says!! Thank you!!
Ed: Errr.... mmmm.... beer.

JCOOK
11-12-2004, 05:21 AM
do they?

be honest

Sorry flappo but if nobody cared we wouldn't be talking

Golden AWe
11-12-2004, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by JCOOK
Sorry flappo but if nobody cared we wouldn't be talking

read all the posts, cunt

he was kidding

you're such a corky

Bad Muthafucker
11-12-2004, 09:01 AM
...being the support act for bon fucking crap jovi was the final nail in the coffin of their reputation

what?!?!?!? i've been off line for a few days, so did i miss something here? is van halen really opening for bon jovi?????????

rustoffa
11-12-2004, 09:10 AM
You didn't miss anything. Trust me.
:D

Shaun Ponsonby
11-12-2004, 11:41 AM

Matt-I'm really beginning to like you! (in a non-sexual way, obviously)

Terry
11-12-2004, 11:52 AM
do they?

be honest

Sad thing is I agree with most of these sentiments in a general way, with a few qualifications:

Always dug what Roth did after he left Van Halen, and can't agree that Eat 'Em and Smile and the DLR band are pisstakes of what he did in Van Halen. Unlike what Ed and Co did after Dave left, Dave still managed to bring along some of the classic spirit with him after he left, and it surfaced consistently in his solo work, though intermittently at times (Your Filthy Little Mouth was interesting on its own terms, but you couldn't blame someone for saying Roth lost the plot somewhere around here. Diamond Dave, after a roaring return to form with the DLR Band, was a letdown for me).

Seemingly, Roth's only strategy now as he sees it is to go out on the road and play classic VH. Was great to see it in 1999. By 2003, it became tiresome, regardless of how well his band performed them. Wouldn't quite say he's a joke to those that still dig him/the diehards, but he is in danger of becoming boring and repetitive.

What is now out on the road as Van Halen most definitely is a bad joke with no punchline. Cringeworthy at best and makes me ashamed to call myself a fan and pissed off that I have to qualify what era of the band I'm a fan of. Ed, Al and Mike have relegated themselves to this pathetic display long before Ed got sick. Alcoholism, unlike cancer, is something Ed chose to embrace (although the cigs didn't help). His bad decisions and their selfish attitude.........let's face it, about all they have to say to the millions who prefer the classic lineup over or to the exclusion of all others is "fuck you".........have gone a long way to eroding the goodwill of their fan base.

Classic Van Halen can't get it together, and there won't be a reunion.

About the only bright spot is that what the classic lineup created together can't be eroded or negated by Ed and Al's indifference and Hagar's protestations to the contrary.

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame or not, classic VH will always have a place at the apex/alongside the greats. That is bulletproof.

Bill Lumbergh
11-12-2004, 11:56 AM
I agree wholeheartedly that Dave's setlist has gotten stale. Time to release a new record with a tour that fully supports the new material.........

Shaun Ponsonby
11-12-2004, 12:07 PM
scottydabodi-you are one funny little evil Star Wars bad guy. If I hadn't already given you a 5-star rating, you'd be gettin' one now. Incidently, I am referring to your post at the bottom of page 1

BITEYOASS
11-12-2004, 01:10 PM
Since ole' Edward wants to fuck up everything and put no effort into improving his life, then he should just get in that fuckin coffin and be buried already, becuse he chose the grave instead of Dave!

Switch84
11-12-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by scottydabodi
Oww!!! Switch hits us with more truth again!! Great post!!

CCC: No Dave, No Tour.
Alex: But, err, duh, Dave's a dick.
Mikey: Yeah, he gets all the chicks...
Ed: Uhh... Dave who? **BBBUUURRRAAAPPPP!!!**
Alex: No way, man, he makes us rehearse and stuff... and Ed don't like to practice, it gets in the way of his, err, drinking...
Mikey: Whatever yous guys says!! Thank you!!
Ed: Errr.... mmmm.... beer.

:D :D :D I could see that very conversation happening, too!

Killer post, Scotty D!

manwiththedogs
11-12-2004, 02:16 PM
It`s really (almost) unbelievable that two human beings could hold so much hatred and resentment for another. Even to the point of not caring what their loyal fans think or want. It blows me away every time I think about it. Poor guys, all that money, fame, adoration, whatever cant mean a thing when you spend all your time scheming and hating.

Bad Muthafucker
11-12-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
I agree wholeheartedly that Dave's setlist has gotten stale. Time to release a new record with a tour that fully supports the new material.........

i totally agree. couldn't have said it better.

Terry
11-14-2004, 10:29 PM

Totally. About 18 tunes in a show, give or take two or three. No reason why Roth couldn't do just a dozen or so VH tunes and fill out the rest with solo stuff. Plenty of his post-1985 output stands up alongside classic Van Halen.

Bill Lumbergh
11-15-2004, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Terry

Plenty of his post-1985 output stands up alongside classic Van Halen.

Nice to hear that from someone on this site. We all know Classic Vh is the best of the best, but it seems like even Dave feels that no one cares about his outstanding(for the most part) solo work. Time for Dave to embrace his hard core fans.

Rikk
11-15-2004, 01:49 AM
I could name a bunch of CVH tunes that are great but nowhere near as amazing as LITTLE TEXAS, KING OF THE HILL, DAMN GOOD or SHY BOY (yes, I know he didn't write SHY BOY).

Bill Lumbergh
11-15-2004, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by Rikk
I could name a bunch of CVH tunes that are great but nowhere near as amazing as LITTLE TEXAS, KING OF THE HILL, DAMN GOOD or SHY BOY (yes, I know he didn't write SHY BOY).

It's criminal how overlooked Damn Good is. In fact Skyscraper as a whole is a great album IMO.

Rikk
11-15-2004, 01:58 AM
It's criminal how overlooked Damn Good is. In fact Skyscraper as a whole is a great album IMO.

Fuck yeah! KNUCKLEBONES, HOT DOG AND A SHAKE... Some great tunes on that album!

frets5150
11-15-2004, 03:22 AM
Panamark What the fuck is that!!!