He is a good Christian
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

But he's not Catholic.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• diamond den™

Originally posted by FORD
      But he's not Catholic.
      But you are a RETARD.

Comment

• Switch84
        Veteran
        • Feb 2004

But he's not Catholic.
        A Catholic is a Christian. We all believe in the Holy Trinity. Some of us just have different religious practices, but we worship the same God. Protestants, Pentecostal, Methodist, Episcopalian, whatever! We're all Christians.

They all have their versions of a 'priest' anyway. Some kind of a ruling body.
        Last edited by Switch84; 11-12-2004, 03:40 PM.
        "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
        Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• diamond den™

Originally posted by Switch84
          A Catholic is a Christian. We all believe in the Holy Trinity. Some of us just have different religious practices, but we worship the same God. Protestants, Pentecostal, Methodist, Episcopalian, whatever! We're all Christians.

FORD is a communist

Comment

• Cathedral
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

And you're a dead man walking...

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Granted, but "priest" is Catholic terminology (or Episcopalian) and neither is likely to ordain a Southern Protestant such as Mr Presley. (Forget whether he's Baptist or Pentecostal or whatever, but those are the two most likely in the South)
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

Episcopalians have priests? I thought they had ministers?
                Roth Army Militia

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Ally_Kat
                  Episcopalians have priests? I thought they had ministers?
                  No, I'm pretty sure they copied the whole Catholic hierarchy. Priests, Bishops, and Archbishops anwyay. Not sure if they have Cardinals, and when it started out as the Anglican church across the Pond they recognized the King of England as "Pope", so I'm not sure where that went with the American branch.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Figs
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jun 2004

Don't tell me I can't get a divorce you fucker!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

No, I'm pretty sure they copied the whole Catholic hierarchy. Priests, Bishops, and Archbishops anwyay. Not sure if they have Cardinals, and when it started out as the Anglican church across the Pond they recognized the King of England as "Pope", so I'm not sure where that went with the American branch.
                      I think the Archbishop of Canterbury is the actual ranking religious figure. Could you imagine this queen as your Pope?

Comment

• Figs
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jun 2004

I think Henry VIII was the original head of the Church of England, but at some point the leadership was changed from the Monarch to the Archbishop...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I think what he means Switch is that all of Panda-Molesters Northern Ireland bullshit has a lot to do with the conflict between Catholics (IRA)and Protestants (UDA) there (mostly Presbyterians & a few Anglicans).

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

Yeah, you're right. It looks very similar

---

The Episcopal Church takes its name from the Greek word episcopos, meaning overseer or governor. Theologically, bishops are considered to be successors to the Apostles. Bishops, therefore, have the two-fold responsibility for the apostolic mission of the Church and for the oversight of that mission within a given geographic area, the Diocese. The bishops are members of the House of Bishops of the Episcopal Church in the United States of America.

Bishops confer Holy Orders upon deacons, priests, and other bishops, and administer the rite of Confirmation in addition to the usual priestly services. They visit the congregations, meet with the clergy, administer Confirmation, and preach the Word.
                            Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Switch84
                              Veteran
                              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                              I think what he means Switch is that all of Panda-Molesters Northern Ireland bullshit has a lot to do with the conflict between Catholics (IRA)and Protestants (UDA) there (mostly Presbyterians & a few Anglicans).

Oh. BUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAA!!!
                              "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
                              Blackflag on DLR

Comment

Working...