PDA

View Full Version : Uncle Dick about to have "the big one"??

FORD
11-13-2004, 03:26 PM
Cheney undergoing tests after episode of shortness of breath

Saturday, November 13, 2004 Posted: 3:01 PM EST (2001 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Vice President Dick Cheney is undergoing tests at George Washington University Hospital after experiencing shortness of breath, the White House said Saturday.

It is unknown whether Cheney, who has a history of heart problems, will be admitted. Dan Bartlett, White House communications director, said Cheney has been suffering from a cold recently. (Cheney's health history)

Because it was unclear if his shortness of breath was related to the cold or not, and given his history of heart disease, it was the recommendation of the White House medical unit that he go to the hospital for tests.
History of heart problems

Cheney, 63, has had four heart attacks.

His health has been a persistent concern since he was picked as President Bush's running mate in 2000. He had three mild heart attacks and quadruple-bypass surgery before he was 50 and one attack since.

His first came in 1978, at the age of 37.

He underwent quadruple bypass surgery in 1988. A coronary stent was inserted in November 2000, and what Cheney called a "pacemaker plus," a device to normalize an irregular heartbeat, was put into his chest in June 2001.

In May 2004, doctors gave Cheney a clean bill of health after his annual heart checkup. They found that his pacemaker had detected no irregular heartbeat.

Cheney, a former defense secretary and congressman, is considered a policy maker and, outside of the campaign trail, does not often appear in public.

Mezro
11-13-2004, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Cheney, 63, has had four heart attacks.

3 of which came upon hearing that McDonalds discontinued the McRib sandwich.

Mezro...I'm sorry Mr. Vice President, we don't have the Shamrock Shake either...

BigBadBrian
11-13-2004, 04:06 PM
Any bets on who his replacement will be? Hmm?

FORD
11-13-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Any bets on who his replacement will be? Hmm?

I'm guessing the BCE's own answer to Dr Mengele....
http://www.lisarein.com/fristquote.gif

Wayne L.
11-13-2004, 04:13 PM
Dick Cheney has been a good VP to President Bush the last 4 years while critics on the left in the Democratic Party who think he's running the show don't know who was really running the White House during the 8 years of the Clinton administration & it wasn't Bill but having heart problems is no laughing matter whether you're young or old & any idiot who thinks so should be locked up in a mental hospital for stupidity.

FORD
11-13-2004, 04:29 PM
We all know exactly who belongs in a mental hospital, KatyWayne, but who was laughing?

And yes, Bill Clinton was the actual President of the United States. Unlike Reagan or Junior who were merely empty suits.

Mezro
11-13-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Wayne L.
Dick Cheney has been a good VP to President Bush the last 4 years while critics on the left in the Democratic Party who think he's running the show don't know who was really running the White House during the 8 years of the Clinton administration & it wasn't Bill but having heart problems is no laughing matter whether you're young or old & any idiot who thinks so should be locked up in a mental hospital for stupidity.

Anybody who writes in a run on sentence should never call another person stupid.

Mezro...there is this great DVD called Schoolhouse Rock that will help you with punctuation...

Figs
11-13-2004, 04:57 PM
"This is the big one Elizabeth! I am coming to see you now!"

Switch84
11-13-2004, 05:06 PM
:( I'm not one to laugh at people's ailments, but shouldn't Cheney have stepped down for a possible second term? Why not have McCain be Dubya's veep?

Christ, this is turning into a fuckin' soap opera!

DAMN.

John Ashcroft
11-13-2004, 05:18 PM
Hell no!

He shouldn't step down. Unless his health dictates, and Newt Gingrich is willing to accept the VP position...

ELVIS
11-13-2004, 05:21 PM
Newt ??

Nickdfresh
11-13-2004, 05:25 PM
Wow! He had his first one at 37. I didn't know that.

John Ashcroft
11-13-2004, 05:26 PM
Newt would rock!

One of the last fiscal Conservatives of the party it seems (aside of Cheney that is).

In fact, I don't know if I've ever been more pissed at my party than when those spineless, self-serving, mother fuckers turned on Newt. Hell, most of them owed their seats to Gingrich and the "Contract with America".

ELVIS
11-13-2004, 05:29 PM
I like Newt...

He's been spot on with his election analysis on various radio and TV shows...

Mezro
11-13-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Switch84
Why not have McCain be Dubya's veep?

John McCain would do a great job.

Mezro...let's get the McCain train rolling...

Nickdfresh
11-13-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Mezro
John McCain would do a great job.

Mezro...let's get the McCain train rolling...

Sen. John McCain. Now that's one I can agree on. Though McCain may kick Junior square in the balls when no one is looking.

Switch84
11-13-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Sen. John McCain. Now that's one I can agree on. Though McCain may kick Junior square in the balls when no one is looking.

;) I have no problem with that as long as it keeps Dubya from hanging onto dumb shit like the illegal aliens amnesty.

I'd like to kick him myself!

LMMFAOBT

twonabomber
11-14-2004, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by Mezro
3 of which came upon hearing that McDonalds discontinued the McRib sandwich.

hey, there may be hope for Cheney. McRib is back! (at least here it is)

Loki
11-14-2004, 10:44 AM
haw haw. fools. the cheney golem hath no heart. tis a ploy to distract thine attention from the gathering storm. beware.

FORD
11-14-2004, 11:02 AM
So are you're saying they're using it to distract from election fraud, just like they did in 2000?

Well, actually these guys are notorious for recycling old scripts, so it's not out of the question.

Loki
11-14-2004, 11:06 AM
thou hast "got it". huzzah.

Nickdfresh
11-14-2004, 12:03 PM
I guess they're saying now that Cheney might just have an upper-respiratory infection. I can sympathize, I had one for about two months now. It really does elevate your heart rate.

Switch84
11-14-2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
I guess they're saying now that Cheney might just have an upper-respiratory infection. I can sympathize, I had one for about two months now. It really does elevate your heart rate.

:( Yeah, that's some wicked shit, especially if you're prone to lung ailments like Chronic Bronchitits (me).

Cheney having his first heart attack at 37? That's fucked up.