PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Temple

Junk Yard Dog
11-15-2004, 11:43 PM
From the rumor mill:
Diamond Dave is teaming up with former STP boys the Deleo brothers to form Diamond Temple. Mike Mangini is rounding out on drums. This promises to be a kick ass group. Guess Dave got tired of carrying stretchers down six flights of stairs. The boys hit the studio mid January with plans to open for Audio Slave on their summer 05 tour. This should be interesting and I know they will sound great.

scottydabodi
11-15-2004, 11:47 PM
JYD!! GIMME A HEADBUTT, PAL!!! Diamond Temple? Dave already has a better band than the DeLeo Dummies... DeLeo trying to play "Elephant Gun" would make me CRY I'd be laughing so hard....

Junk Yard Dog
11-15-2004, 11:56 PM
I'm tellin ya it's a done deal.
Dave's looking to make some real cash and the Deleo brothers are proven money makers. Look how they carried druggie Scott through all those tours and CD's and made millions. Dave is hedging his bets this time, he has found the sweet sound of KA-CHING !$$$$$$$$$

scottydabodi
11-16-2004, 12:08 AM
Yeah, but where's my HEADBUTT, JYD? Let's dance in the ring!! DeLeo's = Bad Idea. Brian Young = Genius idea.

scottydabodi
11-16-2004, 12:08 AM
JYD, I'm givin' you 5 star vote just for your name!! Kick ass!! R.I.P. JYD.

Rikk
11-16-2004, 12:09 AM
I think this would be awesome!!!!!!!!! I love STP. This would be a great band.

But I still kind of doubt this one.

Panamark
11-16-2004, 03:11 AM
Well a quick check of Daves tour schedule doesnt include dates
mid january...

http://www.rayluzier.com/tour.shtml

Hmmmmmm

DavidLeeNatra
11-16-2004, 06:00 AM
did somebody say ... B U L L S H I T ?

DlocRoth
11-16-2004, 10:52 AM
I think I'll hold off on this one.....

Figs
11-16-2004, 11:04 AM
`

WACF
11-16-2004, 11:05 AM
I doubt it...but.

Just a thought but I wonder how Dave would do if he went under a name such as Diamond Temple verses the solo DLR monicker?

Like it or not people do dismiss dave as nostalga act...you may fool the masses into taking a listen...

CROWBAR
11-16-2004, 12:52 PM
Dude, this is SO bogus! Now drop an' give us fifty!

bueno bob
11-16-2004, 01:27 PM
Well...

lms2
11-16-2004, 02:10 PM
The name Diamond Temple... I can believe

A new band... would be believable if I had not heard so many reviews saying how tight this band is... coupled with the rumors of two or three albums worth of new material...

But Dave selling out for cash... not believable.

And I really don't see any band of Dave's as an opening act at this stage in the game.

bueno bob
11-16-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by lms2
And I really don't see any band of Dave's as an opening act at this stage in the game.

Absolutely not...not considering how hard he had to fight for headlining the Sam & Dave tour...he wouldn't do an opening act if a loaded gun was pointed at his head, I don't think, anyway...

lms2
11-16-2004, 02:14 PM
There are a few differences between this scenario and that one... IMO.

Mezro
11-16-2004, 04:45 PM
Diamond Temple = Pimple.

Mezro...squeeze this rumor...you'll get plenty of cheese...

Rikk
11-16-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by lms2
There are a few differences between this scenario and that one... IMO.

Shut up!:mad:

Junk Yard Dog
11-16-2004, 06:52 PM
I love this, you guys are great. Yes I admit it I was pullin your chain. I was listening to some STP in the car and thougt wow you know that would not be bad Dave teaming with former STP bros.
You know with Scott teaming with G n R boys and Chris teaming with the Rage
guys I thought why not Dave and STP. You have to admit they would make money, lots of it. And it would be cool to hear what they sound like. Sorry if I freaked anyone I was just meant it to be a fun post.
Those that called me on the bullshit I salute you.

DavidLeeNatra
11-16-2004, 06:55 PM
you nasty little mofo... :D

bueno bob
11-16-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Junk Yard Dog
I love this, you guys are great. Yes I admit it I was pullin your chain. I was listening to some STP in the car and thougt wow you know that would not be bad Dave teaming with former STP bros.
You know with Scott teaming with G n R boys and Chris teaming with the Rage
guys I thought why not Dave and STP. You have to admit they would make money, lots of it. And it would be cool to hear what they sound like. Sorry if I freaked anyone I was just meant it to be a fun post.
Those that called me on the bullshit I salute you.

Awww, it's a slow news week anyway, short of the "Dave the Hero" story :)

Terry
11-16-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by scottydabodi
JYD!! GIMME A HEADBUTT, PAL!!! Diamond Temple? Dave already has a better band than the DeLeo Dummies... DeLeo trying to play "Elephant Gun" would make me CRY I'd be laughing so hard....

Wouldn't even care if Roth went on the road with the DeLeo brothers and kept the classic VH and solo Roth to a minimum. Dean could pull off enough of the CVH standards to keep everyone happy, and Roth's been ignoring his solo catalog live for so long, why bother starting now (when was the last time "Elephant Gun" was aired live anyway? 1988...maybe? Even Brian Young couldn't pull off Elephant Gun)?

Besides, outside of Ray, have heard nothing else out of Dave's other current band members that suggests they're really adept at anything beyond being in a shit-hot Van Halen cover band (brian demonstrates the ability to transcend this at times).

Dave could sure tear up those Pilot songs if given a chance though.

Here's a setlist I'd dig:

1. NEW ROTH/DL TUNE ( N R/DL T )
2. Dirty Movies
3. Wicked Garden
4. N R/DL T
5. Vasoline
6. Fools
7. N R/DL T
8. Secrets
9. Can't Get This Stuff No More
10. N R/DL T
11. Army Ants
12. Sex Type Thing
13. Running With The Devil
14. Take Your Whiskey Home
15. N R/DL T
16. Interstate Love Song
17. Everybody Wants Some
18. Aint Talkin Bout Love

You could alternate what STP and CVH/solo Roth tunes were played as the tour went on.

All of this Roth/STP stuff is bullshit, anyway. Maybe the DeLeos should hook up with the ex-lead singer from Talk Show. Heard he's got a lot of free time on his hands these days, too.

Junk Yard Dog
11-16-2004, 10:12 PM
I thought Talk Show sucked, that was the STP guys just getting fed up with Scot's continuing problems and trying to show him they could go on without him and the CD flopped! Suddenly Scotts herion addiction got managable again!

I dig your wish set list very well done. I had read that the DeLeo brothers were talking to Chris Robinson from the Black Crowes and I really thought Dave was a better fit than Robinson.

Rikk
11-16-2004, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Terry
1. NEW ROTH/DL TUNE ( N R/DL T )
2. Dirty Movies
3. Wicked Garden
4. N R/DL T
5. Vasoline
6. Fools
7. N R/DL T
8. Secrets
9. Can't Get This Stuff No More
10. N R/DL T
11. Army Ants
12. Sex Type Thing
13. Running With The Devil
14. Take Your Whiskey Home
15. N R/DL T
16. Interstate Love Song
17. Everybody Wants Some
18. Aint Talkin Bout Love

Dude, that is one sweet fucking set list. I would love to see a show like that.

This band would be awesome.

Dutch
11-17-2004, 03:23 PM
Geez, talk about desperation. Are things getting so stagnate on the boards we're having to start making shit up?

Terry
11-17-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
Dude, that is one sweet fucking set list. I would love to see a show like that.

This band would be awesome.

Even if it will never come to pass, I'd dig seeing that too. Much more so at this point than another round of Dave hitting the road and doing virtually all classic VH tunes without VH, and only because he's done that fairly recently and for for a few years running now. Pretty obvious he'd do some VH stuff no matter what, but mixing up his setlists would be a good idea.

Hey, talking about the above hypothetical beats being reduced to responding to the overload of Van Hagar 2004 threads, no matter which way you cut it.

Vanstonica
11-18-2004, 09:01 AM
I don't think this is going to happen, but I'd sure as hell buy front row seats if it did.

...and about Dave not headlining; I don't think he'd really have a problem with it. I know this is a few years back, but I thought the opening slot with Bad Company was a great move for him. It got his name back in the spotlight.

Let's just hope this "Diamond Temple", if it takes place, doesn't turn into another "Slash's Snakepit". One guy with legit talent trying to bil out a bunch of hackers.