• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ally_Kat
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

It's 'Don't Bring Your Guns to Work Day'

It's 'Don't Bring Your Guns to Work Day'

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (Reuters) - Employees at a Little Rock office building have been asked to leave their deer hunting rifles at home because the president and three former presidents are coming to town to open Bill Clinton's presidential library.

Acxiom Corporation distributed a memo to the 420 employees in its 12-story sales and marketing building in Little Rock's River Market district -- near the Clinton library -- reminding them of its policy forbidding weapons on company property.

"This would not be a time to violate that policy," said Dale Ingram, spokesman for Acxiom.

The Acxiom building overlooks the library, where President Bush and former presidents Jimmy Carter, George H.W. Bush and Clinton are to speak.

Deer hunting season in Arkansas began last weekend, and overlaps with the dedication, on Thursday, of Clinton's library.

Deer hunters in Arkansas take the sport so seriously that many of them keep their rifles and shotguns and other equipment in their cars, which makes it easier for them to get in a few hours in the woods before or after leaving work.

"With hunting season opening, associates should be especially mindful not to have firearms, ammunition or other weapons in their vehicles," the Acxiom memo noted.
    Roth Army Militia
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Why the Hell would you take a gun to work anyway??? :confused:

Yo Jeff! Is this a common practice down there or what?
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Ally_Kat
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

Re: It's 'Don't Bring Your Guns to Work Day'

Originally posted by Ally_Kat
      Deer hunting season in Arkansas began last weekend, and overlaps with the dedication, on Thursday, of Clinton's library.

Deer hunters in Arkansas take the sport so seriously that many of them keep their rifles and shotguns and other equipment in their cars, which makes it easier for them to get in a few hours in the woods before or after leaving work.

Roth Army Militia

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Keeping guns in your car is dumb too. It's an invitation for theft.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• BigBadBrian
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Too bad somebody doesn't bring a gun to FORD's office.

“If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• ODShowtime
            ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

It was thanksgiving dinner day at work for me. God-damn, turkey is not a good meal choice at 11:30 AM on a work day...
            gnaw on it

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ODShowtime
              It was thanksgiving dinner day at work for me. God-damn, turkey is not a good meal choice at 11:30 AM on a work day...
              Somebody have their calendar set to the wrong week?
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                Too bad somebody doesn't bring a gun to FORD's office.

Gee a death threat..... how typical of a mindless brainwashed Busheep
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• ODShowtime
                  ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

No, you know, the big office party. I got hooked up today. Mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, real good turkey the CFO brought from the country club, all kinds of casserol shit. There's a whole dessert rack I'm afraid to look at. My coworker had three plates and now he's almost passed out. mmm turkey...
                  gnaw on it

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

No, you know, the big office party. I got hooked up today. Mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, real good turkey the CFO brought from the country club, all kinds of casserol shit. There's a whole dessert rack I'm afraid to look at. My coworker had three plates and now he's almost passed out. mmm turkey...
                    Don't know how you can stand it. The thought of turkey now makes me want to pukel. I can handle a big turkey dinner like that maybe once a year. Why do organizations pre-empt the Main Event? They should serve Ham or Roast Beef or seafood. People will be so damned burnt out on turkey. We need a PUKE smiley.
                    “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• ODShowtime
                      ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                      The thought of turkey now makes me want to puke
                      That's how I feel right now too man...
                      gnaw on it

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

And your looking forward to dinner tonight?

Comment

• ODShowtime
                          ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

yeah in like 6 or 7 hours
                          gnaw on it

Comment

Working...