PDA

View Full Version : It's 'Don't Bring Your Guns to Work Day'

Ally_Kat
11-17-2004, 12:23 PM
It's 'Don't Bring Your Guns to Work Day'

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (Reuters) - Employees at a Little Rock office building have been asked to leave their deer hunting rifles at home because the president and three former presidents are coming to town to open Bill Clinton's presidential library.

Acxiom Corporation distributed a memo to the 420 employees in its 12-story sales and marketing building in Little Rock's River Market district -- near the Clinton library -- reminding them of its policy forbidding weapons on company property.

"This would not be a time to violate that policy," said Dale Ingram, spokesman for Acxiom.

The Acxiom building overlooks the library, where President Bush and former presidents Jimmy Carter, George H.W. Bush and Clinton are to speak.

Deer hunting season in Arkansas began last weekend, and overlaps with the dedication, on Thursday, of Clinton's library.

Deer hunters in Arkansas take the sport so seriously that many of them keep their rifles and shotguns and other equipment in their cars, which makes it easier for them to get in a few hours in the woods before or after leaving work.

"With hunting season opening, associates should be especially mindful not to have firearms, ammunition or other weapons in their vehicles," the Acxiom memo noted.

FORD
11-17-2004, 12:25 PM
Why the Hell would you take a gun to work anyway??? :confused:

Yo Jeff! Is this a common practice down there or what?

Ally_Kat
11-17-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
Deer hunting season in Arkansas began last weekend, and overlaps with the dedication, on Thursday, of Clinton's library.

Deer hunters in Arkansas take the sport so seriously that many of them keep their rifles and shotguns and other equipment in their cars, which makes it easier for them to get in a few hours in the woods before or after leaving work.

FORD
11-17-2004, 12:29 PM
Keeping guns in your car is dumb too. It's an invitation for theft.

BigBadBrian
11-17-2004, 12:59 PM
Too bad somebody doesn't bring a gun to FORD's office.

:gun:

ODShowtime
11-17-2004, 01:09 PM
It was thanksgiving dinner day at work for me. God-damn, turkey is not a good meal choice at 11:30 AM on a work day...

FORD
11-17-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
It was thanksgiving dinner day at work for me. God-damn, turkey is not a good meal choice at 11:30 AM on a work day...

Somebody have their calendar set to the wrong week?

FORD
11-17-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Too bad somebody doesn't bring a gun to FORD's office.

:gun:

Gee a death threat..... how typical of a mindless brainwashed Busheep :rolleyes:

ODShowtime
11-17-2004, 01:13 PM
No, you know, the big office party. I got hooked up today. Mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, real good turkey the CFO brought from the country club, all kinds of casserol shit. There's a whole dessert rack I'm afraid to look at. My coworker had three plates and now he's almost passed out. mmm turkey...

BigBadBrian
11-17-2004, 01:47 PM
No, you know, the big office party. I got hooked up today. Mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, real good turkey the CFO brought from the country club, all kinds of casserol shit. There's a whole dessert rack I'm afraid to look at. My coworker had three plates and now he's almost passed out. mmm turkey...

Don't know how you can stand it. The thought of turkey now makes me want to pukel. I can handle a big turkey dinner like that maybe once a year. Why do organizations pre-empt the Main Event? They should serve Ham or Roast Beef or seafood. People will be so damned burnt out on turkey. We need a PUKE smiley. :gulp:

ODShowtime
11-17-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
The thought of turkey now makes me want to puke

That's how I feel right now too man...

Nickdfresh
11-17-2004, 01:51 PM

And your looking forward to dinner tonight?

ODShowtime
11-17-2004, 01:54 PM
yeah in like 6 or 7 hours