Clear All
  • lucky wilbury

NBC cameraman an anti-war activist

Man who shot footage of Fallujah killing has presence on Web

Posted: November 17, 2004
    5:00 p.m. Eastern

© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

Kevin Sites, the NBC cameraman who shot video of the controversial shooting of a Fallujah insurgent by a U.S. Marine, is an anti-war activist whose photographs of Iraqi prisoners are featured on at least one anti-war website.

Sites was embedded with the 3rd Battalion, 1st Marine Regiment in Fallujah when he shot the video of the Marine shooting an injured enemy fighter in a mosque. From the dialogue on the footage, it appeared the Marines were unsure if the insurgent was dead or faking death. Some fighters in Iraq have feigned death only to pull out a weapon or blow themselves up to kill Americans.

The U.S. military is investigating the incident to determine what happened and what, if any, punitive action should be taken against the Marine.

Sites was serving as a pool cameraman, giving access to the video to many networks.

Images Against War is one website where Sites' photography appears, giving two separate pages to his work. One of the pages, labeled "Kevin Sites 2," features photos of captured Iraqis with one caption saying detainees on a truck were enduring "a long ride into uncertainty." Most of the photos featured on the site engender sympathy toward U.S. enemy fighters and antipathy toward American military personnel.

Images Against War, which is based in Germany, has a comments page where posters have lashed out at Sites.

"The kindest things I can say about you is that you are a traitor and a terrorist sympathizer," writes one poster. "I would say I feel pity for you, but that would be a lie. All I feel for you is disgust. … Shame on you. I look forward to the day that the betrayal of this Marine haunts your every moment."

Dennis Karr posted: "Kevin Sites has to be the lowest of the low, a traitor for sure, only breathing right now because of our brave soldiers whom he surely hates."

Wrote yet another: "Good luck riding along with our troops now ... you're going to need it."

Sites also has his own blog. Here is part of his entry for Nov. 10, when he was accompanying Marines on their assault on Fallujah:

" The Marines I'm embedded with are nearly ebullient. This looks to be a cakewalk. One jokes they'll be sipping 'pina coladas by the Euphrates River by fifteen-hundred.'"

In his account, Sites describes dead Iraqis in detail and says the Marines are "operating with liberal rules of engagement."

His site includes a disclaimer explaining he is a freelance journalists on assignment for NBC, "but this site is a personal website not affiliated with or funded by NBC News."

Sites' bio says he was captured by Iraqi Fedayeen militia outside Tikrit while traveling with Kurdish fighters and spent four hours in captivity before being released.
  • DLR'sCock
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

Maybe he forced the soldier to shoot the wounded guy laying on the floor...

Comment

• Switch84
      Veteran
      • Feb 2004

I'm not surprised. The wrong dude was shot that day, imo.

As if war isn't hellish enough, our troops have the added burden of a Hanoi Jane type media following them around.
      "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
      Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Well, hope and pray that the Bush administration stands behind this soldier...

Comment

• Big Train
          Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Cock,

He isn't responsible for the shooting, but he is in control of the way he chooses to feed the information for our understanding and perception.

Comment

• DLR'sCock
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

look, i am not going any further with this subject of actual warfare, it's pointless, and I would actually rather discuss it verbally with someone than type out endlessly on this damn pc..........but I do find your statement quite ironic in general....the applications are limitless....

i guess the truth is.....and perception and viewpoint based on the shaping of our minds over a lifetime's worth of experience and education based on our surroundings and basic matter to begin with are also....

Comment

• Big Train
              Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

umm ok

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Re: NBC cameraman an anti-war activist

Originally posted by lucky wilbury
                http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=41506

Man who shot footage of Fallujah killing has presence on Web

Posted: November 17, 2004
                5:00 p.m. Eastern

© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

Images Against War, which is based in Germany, has a comments page where posters have lashed out at Sites.

"The kindest things I can say about you is that you are a traitor and a terrorist sympathizer," writes one poster. "I would say I feel pity for you, but that would be a lie. All I feel for you is disgust. … Shame on you. I look forward to the day that the betrayal of this Marine haunts your every moment."

Intimidation of journalists. The first step towards taking a giant shit on democracy. Maybe we can have this guy arrested under the "Patriot Act."

Last edited by Nickdfresh; 11-17-2004, 07:49 PM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Switch84
                  I'm not surprised. The wrong dude was shot that day, imo.

As if war isn't hellish enough, our troops have the added burden of a Hanoi Jane type media following them around.
                  Maybe they shouldn't act like undisciplined retards with a rifle. The camera was on, but he obviously wasn't looking for Marines killing wounded guerillas. He ran in to tell the Marines that the insurgents were wounded from the day before.

Comment

• lucky wilbury

so what if thats the case. they just took recent fire from there and were going back in there. there is NO reason for this tape to have EVER been broadcast. NONE. i'd be willing to bet that this guy got this this and the first thoughts that went through his head were not "oh this is shocking" but "this is my claim to fame". any objective person and i mean ANYONE knows this would do more harm then good to the us. this is something that after it was filmed the guy should have said to the marines this happen and its on tape and here's the tape. no if and or buts. this isn't news worthry

and this goes back to what i said over a year ago that if this media would have exisited in ww2 we would have lost. they would have braodcast the day and time for d day etc etc. all they want is the scoop and the reprecusions to the us be damned
                    Last edited by lucky wilbury; 11-17-2004, 08:24 PM.

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Advocating the murder of journalists who tell the fucking truth.

My god, do you fascists even LISTEN to the shit that spews from your brainwashed heads?
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Switch84
                        Veteran
                        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                        Maybe they shouldn't act like undisciplined retards with a rifle. The camera was on, but he obviously wasn't looking for Marines killing wounded guerillas. He ran in to tell the Marines that the insurgents were wounded from the day before.

Maybe we should let all of the troops go home and let the camera crews and armchair quarterbacks fight the war? I'm sure things will be peachy keen with no worries.
                        "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
                        Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• lucky wilbury

ford the only fascist on the board is you. you've been editing posts because YOU don't like them. and don't tell me it's sarges rules because sarge has NEVER edited anyones post over ANY word. EVER.

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Switch84
                            Maybe we should let all of the troops go home and let the camera crews and armchair quarterbacks fight the war? I'm sure things will be peachy keen with no worries.
                            I say we let the troops go home, and let the BCE themselves fight their own stupid illegal war.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by lucky wilbury
                              so what if thats the case. they just took recent fire from there and were going back in there. there is NO reason for this tape to have EVER been broadcast. NONE. i'd be willing to bet that this guy got this this and the first thoughts that went through his head were not "oh this is shocking" but "this is my claim to fame". any objective person and i mean ANYONE knows this would do more harm then good to the us. this is something that after it was filmed the guy should have said to the marines this happen and its on tape and here's the tape. no if and or buts. this isn't news worthry
                              Your insane. I heard retired senior military officers debating this on MSNBC last night on the topic of Military censorship. An ex-colonel was asked if he were the cameraman would he have taken the footage or turned the camera off. He said he would have kept on the camera though he would have discussed it with his producers. To the man, each veteran condemned what the Marine did, not what the cameraman did. If you want to blame anyone, blame the Pentagon. If they cameramen on the frontlines, this stuff is going to happen. And quite frankly, I think when you get into situations of suppressing what you don't want reported but you gladly provide access to only what you do what reported, that is a very dangerous day for freedom, a far greater danger than fucking terrorist blowing things up. If the military was smart, they would play the Margaret Hassen, a diminutive middle-aged woman, execution video as a contrast to show how brutal the enemy is.

Comment

Working...