lucky wilbury
11-17-2004, 05:47 PM
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=41506

NBC cameraman an anti-war activist
Man who shot footage of Fallujah killing has presence on Web

Posted: November 17, 2004
5:00 p.m. Eastern

© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

Kevin Sites, the NBC cameraman who shot video of the controversial shooting of a Fallujah insurgent by a U.S. Marine, is an anti-war activist whose photographs of Iraqi prisoners are featured on at least one anti-war website.

Sites was embedded with the 3rd Battalion, 1st Marine Regiment in Fallujah when he shot the video of the Marine shooting an injured enemy fighter in a mosque. From the dialogue on the footage, it appeared the Marines were unsure if the insurgent was dead or faking death. Some fighters in Iraq have feigned death only to pull out a weapon or blow themselves up to kill Americans.

The U.S. military is investigating the incident to determine what happened and what, if any, punitive action should be taken against the Marine.

Sites was serving as a pool cameraman, giving access to the video to many networks.

Images Against War is one website where Sites' photography appears, giving two separate pages to his work. One of the pages, labeled "Kevin Sites 2," features photos of captured Iraqis with one caption saying detainees on a truck were enduring "a long ride into uncertainty." Most of the photos featured on the site engender sympathy toward U.S. enemy fighters and antipathy toward American military personnel.

Images Against War, which is based in Germany, has a comments page where posters have lashed out at Sites.

"The kindest things I can say about you is that you are a traitor and a terrorist sympathizer," writes one poster. "I would say I feel pity for you, but that would be a lie. All I feel for you is disgust. … Shame on you. I look forward to the day that the betrayal of this Marine haunts your every moment."

Dennis Karr posted: "Kevin Sites has to be the lowest of the low, a traitor for sure, only breathing right now because of our brave soldiers whom he surely hates."

Wrote yet another: "Good luck riding along with our troops now ... you're going to need it."

Sites also has his own blog. Here is part of his entry for Nov. 10, when he was accompanying Marines on their assault on Fallujah:

" The Marines I'm embedded with are nearly ebullient. This looks to be a cakewalk. One jokes they'll be sipping 'pina coladas by the Euphrates River by fifteen-hundred.'"

In his account, Sites describes dead Iraqis in detail and says the Marines are "operating with liberal rules of engagement."

His site includes a disclaimer explaining he is a freelance journalists on assignment for NBC, "but this site is a personal website not affiliated with or funded by NBC News."

Sites' bio says he was captured by Iraqi Fedayeen militia outside Tikrit while traveling with Kurdish fighters and spent four hours in captivity before being released.

DLR'sCock
11-17-2004, 05:51 PM
Maybe he forced the soldier to shoot the wounded guy laying on the floor...

Switch84
11-17-2004, 05:53 PM
:rolleyes: I'm not surprised. The wrong dude was shot that day, imo.

As if war isn't hellish enough, our troops have the added burden of a Hanoi Jane type media following them around.

ELVIS
11-17-2004, 05:57 PM
Well, hope and pray that the Bush administration stands behind this soldier...

Big Train
11-17-2004, 06:00 PM
Cock,

He isn't responsible for the shooting, but he is in control of the way he chooses to feed the information for our understanding and perception.

DLR'sCock
11-17-2004, 06:12 PM
look, i am not going any further with this subject of actual warfare, it's pointless, and I would actually rather discuss it verbally with someone than type out endlessly on this damn pc..........but I do find your statement quite ironic in general....the applications are limitless....

i guess the truth is.....and perception and viewpoint based on the shaping of our minds over a lifetime's worth of experience and education based on our surroundings and basic matter to begin with are also....

Big Train
11-17-2004, 06:34 PM
umm ok

Nickdfresh
11-17-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by lucky wilbury
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=41506

NBC cameraman an anti-war activist
Man who shot footage of Fallujah killing has presence on Web

Posted: November 17, 2004
5:00 p.m. Eastern

© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

Images Against War, which is based in Germany, has a comments page where posters have lashed out at Sites.

"The kindest things I can say about you is that you are a traitor and a terrorist sympathizer," writes one poster. "I would say I feel pity for you, but that would be a lie. All I feel for you is disgust. … Shame on you. I look forward to the day that the betrayal of this Marine haunts your every moment."

Intimidation of journalists. The first step towards taking a giant shit on democracy. Maybe we can have this guy arrested under the "Patriot Act."

Nickdfresh
11-17-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Switch84
:rolleyes: I'm not surprised. The wrong dude was shot that day, imo.

As if war isn't hellish enough, our troops have the added burden of a Hanoi Jane type media following them around.

Maybe they shouldn't act like undisciplined retards with a rifle. The camera was on, but he obviously wasn't looking for Marines killing wounded guerillas. He ran in to tell the Marines that the insurgents were wounded from the day before.

lucky wilbury
11-17-2004, 07:20 PM
so what if thats the case. they just took recent fire from there and were going back in there. there is NO reason for this tape to have EVER been broadcast. NONE. i'd be willing to bet that this guy got this this and the first thoughts that went through his head were not "oh this is shocking" but "this is my claim to fame". any objective person and i mean ANYONE knows this would do more harm then good to the us. this is something that after it was filmed the guy should have said to the marines this happen and its on tape and here's the tape. no if and or buts. this isn't news worthry

and this goes back to what i said over a year ago that if this media would have exisited in ww2 we would have lost. they would have braodcast the day and time for d day etc etc. all they want is the scoop and the reprecusions to the us be damned

FORD
11-17-2004, 07:26 PM
Advocating the murder of journalists who tell the fucking truth.

My god, do you fascists even LISTEN to the shit that spews from your brainwashed heads?

Switch84
11-17-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Maybe they shouldn't act like undisciplined retards with a rifle. The camera was on, but he obviously wasn't looking for Marines killing wounded guerillas. He ran in to tell the Marines that the insurgents were wounded from the day before.

:rolleyes: Maybe we should let all of the troops go home and let the camera crews and armchair quarterbacks fight the war? I'm sure things will be peachy keen with no worries.

lucky wilbury
11-17-2004, 07:31 PM
ford the only fascist on the board is you. you've been editing posts because YOU don't like them. and don't tell me it's sarges rules because sarge has NEVER edited anyones post over ANY word. EVER.

FORD
11-17-2004, 07:33 PM
:rolleyes: Maybe we should let all of the troops go home and let the camera crews and armchair quarterbacks fight the war? I'm sure things will be peachy keen with no worries.

I say we let the troops go home, and let the BCE themselves fight their own stupid illegal war.

Nickdfresh
11-17-2004, 07:34 PM
so what if thats the case. they just took recent fire from there and were going back in there. there is NO reason for this tape to have EVER been broadcast. NONE. i'd be willing to bet that this guy got this this and the first thoughts that went through his head were not "oh this is shocking" but "this is my claim to fame". any objective person and i mean ANYONE knows this would do more harm then good to the us. this is something that after it was filmed the guy should have said to the marines this happen and its on tape and here's the tape. no if and or buts. this isn't news worthry

Your insane. I heard retired senior military officers debating this on MSNBC last night on the topic of Military censorship. An ex-colonel was asked if he were the cameraman would he have taken the footage or turned the camera off. He said he would have kept on the camera though he would have discussed it with his producers. To the man, each veteran condemned what the Marine did, not what the cameraman did. If you want to blame anyone, blame the Pentagon. If they cameramen on the frontlines, this stuff is going to happen. And quite frankly, I think when you get into situations of suppressing what you don't want reported but you gladly provide access to only what you do what reported, that is a very dangerous day for freedom, a far greater danger than fucking terrorist blowing things up. If the military was smart, they would play the Margaret Hassen, a diminutive middle-aged woman, execution video as a contrast to show how brutal the enemy is.

FORD
11-17-2004, 07:37 PM
ford the only fascist on the board is you. you've been editing posts because YOU don't like them. and don't tell me it's sarges rules because sarge has NEVER edited anyones post over ANY word. EVER.

Wrong, Agent Zimmerman.

Sarge made it clear that he didn't want racist bullshit on this board.

As for any posts that have been "edited" recently, it would only be ridiculously large pictures of spaceships or some other godawful bullshit from our resident panda-raping shiteater, because they wasted bandwidth and made the threads unreadable.

And the webbies are aware that all of this has transpired.

Big Train
11-17-2004, 07:38 PM
See that's where I differ. Embedded reporters don't add anything to the debate, it is just so jerk offs in the media can get their Geraldo kicks riding along, hoping to see something or be somewhere when something happens, in search of the elusive Emmy or other such nonsense.

Tell me what purpose "embedded" reporters serve. You can get whats going on from the nightly news, without seeing some dickhead on a grainy camera or running between guerillas and soldiers, making the job harder for all.

Nickdfresh
11-17-2004, 07:38 PM

So who holds the "players" accountable? What if the military is fucking up like in Vietnam? I frankly have the right to critique the performance of the military, FBI, CIA, NSA, or DNC for that matter with the best information available.

lucky wilbury
11-17-2004, 07:43 PM
i've heard the complete opposite of you. the video serves NO news purpose. it's been the history of the us press to volunteeraly kept things out of the press that might impact the war,troop morale or support for the war. all the way up to vietnam. hell the press used to HELP the military put out propaganda to effect the enemy. i don't blame the marine. he thought that guy is playing dead and might be pulling a pin on a greneade. when in doubt take em out. our guys earlier had gone over to help an insurgent and what did he do? he blew himself up and klled our guys. you bring up the hassan video and guess what the arab media REFUSES to show that but they running this one 24/7. again what purpose other then to harm the us and the us military does showing the video do?none nbc should have said we'll wait on showing the video but they didn't they quick ran out with it.

lucky wilbury
11-17-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Wrong, Agent Zimmerman.

As for any posts that have been "edited" recently, it would only be ridiculously large pictures of spaceships or some other godawful bullshit from our resident panda-raping shiteater, because they wasted bandwidth and made the threads unreadable.

BULLSHIT. you closed thread because you didn't like the words in them and you edited posts. if thats sarges intent he would have edited EVERYTHING by hitch flappo and the rest of them. even when its in main it stayed and sarge even posted in threads it contained. just be honest you didn't like it so you took it out.

just checked main there are 19 threads that used the n word all un edited out. everything was left alone. every other variation or every other word shows up there too. all UNEDITED

ODShowtime
11-17-2004, 07:49 PM
and this goes back to what i said over a year ago that if this media would have exisited in ww2 we would have lost. they would have braodcast the day and time for d day etc etc. all they want is the scoop and the reprecusions to the us be damned

We have to find a middle ground. I agree it was very beneficial to the US war effort during WWII to have a muzzle on the media.

If there's no media, nothing is standing in the way of the US saying one thing, Iraqis saying another, and the objective part of the public having no clue who's telling the truth.

The problem is that all these A-rabs over there watching Al Jazeera 20 people to a TV set is that they don't have the framework to comprehend why it is understandable that Marines are a little nervous and don't trust dead Iraqis. They just sit there and get all salty at the soundbite "US Marine shoots unarmed Iraqi in Mosque" and they don't even get a moderate voice saying that other insurgents used this technique to kill Marines.

Another problem is that, probably, many of these Iraqi insurgents are not trained soldiers at all. They have never heard of the Geneva conventions. They don't know it hurts others of their kind when they pull tricks like playing possum.

It's all fucked up, which is why we should do everything in our power to avoid guerilla warfare.

John Ashcroft
11-17-2004, 07:52 PM
Sorry Ford, Lucky's got you pinned here. You've edited my posts many times simply because you didn't agree with what I was posting (and I dare anyone to find a single "racist" post of mine). Of course, I will give credit where credit's due. You haven't done that to me in a long, long time. In fact, not once since the Army came back online.

Switch84
11-17-2004, 07:54 PM
So who holds the "players" accountable? What if the military is fucking up like in Vietnam? I frankly have the right to critique the performance of the military, FBI, CIA, NSA, or DNC for that matter with the best information available.

:p Wasn't an officer with them, or the ranking NCO? Surely they didn't abandon their squad and let them run amuck! At what point will you trust the judgment of our officers and NCOs running the show? Or do you want Emmy-hungry attention whores (like this bootleg Geraldo that filmed the shooting) commanding our troops?

I have no problem with questioning the government. What I have a problem with is folks thousands of miles away from the war zone safely ensconsed in their Lazy Boys second guessing a man that's looking death in the face on a daily basis.

lucky wilbury
11-17-2004, 07:58 PM
i'm breaking this done into one question for every one since we'll keep going in circles over what the marine did but the question is: what purpose does it serve to show the video?

FORD
11-17-2004, 07:59 PM
BULLSHIT. you closed thread because you didn't like the words in them and you edited posts. if thats sarges intent he would have edited EVERYTHING by hitch flappo and the rest of them. even when its in main it stayed and sarge even posted in threads it contained. just be honest you didn't like it so you took it out.

just checked main there are 19 threads that used the n word all un edited out. everything was left alone. every other variation or every other word shows up there too. all UNEDITED

So is this coinciding with the CIA purge, that you must eliminate all "liberal" influence wherever you go now?

I rarely go to Main (no time to deal with the Hagar sheep) and I'll bet if the word's over there it's either that certifiable lunatic Cook, or the Brits who nobody takes seriously anyway.

And Sarge hasn't been around.Unfortunately, he's preparing for his trip to PNAC-land :(

FORD
11-17-2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft
Sorry Ford, Lucky's got you pinned here. You've edited my posts many times simply because you didn't agree with what I was posting (and I dare anyone to find a single "racist" post of mine). Of course, I will give credit where credit's due. You haven't done that to me in a long, long time. In fact, not once since the Army came back online.

I do remember editing a post or two of yours over at Von's board a long time ago. If I remember, it wasn't the words you said, but rather the fact that you said them about 5000 times, and were wasting bandwidth. You probably blamed it on the calico cats? ;)

Nickdfresh
11-17-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Big Train
See that's where I differ. Embedded reporters don't add anything to the debate, it is just so jerk offs in the media can get their Geraldo kicks riding along, hoping to see something or be somewhere when something happens, in search of the elusive Emmy or other such nonsense.

Tell me what purpose "embedded" reporters serve. You can get whats going on from the nightly news, without seeing some dickhead on a grainy camera or running between guerillas and soldiers, making the job harder for all.

Did you ever think that the military likes the PR of the wiz bang laser guided wonder weapons, and the scenes of their soldiers, sailors, coastguardsmen, and (yes Ashcroft) even airmen showing extreme heroism, intelligence, and valor under fire?

They never seem to have a problem with anything when things are going well (like the tanks rolling to Baghdad March of 2003, when the embedded reporters were more like cheerleaders). That's the choice the American people, the Administration, and the Pentagon have to make; they either have to take the good and the bad, or not take anything at all! I'm going to get a beer--BRB!

Big Train
11-17-2004, 08:04 PM
I'll respond just as simply: NONE

John Ashcroft
11-17-2004, 08:08 PM
I do remember editing a post or two of yours over at Von's board a long time ago. If I remember, it wasn't the words you said, but rather the fact that you said them about 5000 times, and were wasting bandwidth. You probably blamed it on the calico cats? ;)

Could be, but actually my "cut and paste" tirade was in response to your "editing" of a previous post...

And I'm quite sure the simple text of "Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore, Algore" didn't take up significant bandwidth... Surely much less than the average sig used by the typical poster. And certainly nowhere near the level of Dennis' bullshit. ;)

And btw, those fucking cats are evil!

Nickdfresh
11-17-2004, 08:09 PM
I'll respond just as simply: NONE

You'd go crazy wondering what was happening.

Then the Administration would have been thrown out because total censorship would have reeked of an incompetent cover-up! The Soviet Union lost Afghanistan, and they had total control of the media. You can censor pictures, and you can suppress causualty information, but you can't suppress a kid coming back to his mother in a pine box. Afghanistan was the final nail in the coffin of the Evil Empire, and they controlled their press all along.;)

Switch84
11-17-2004, 08:19 PM
:) None.

Nickdfresh
11-17-2004, 08:33 PM
Breschnev Wins! Long live the heroic leader of the Soviet Socialist Republic for his ridding Iraq of its fascist banditry.

By the way, all of the reporters not in Iraq will be covering military funerals near you.

Nickdfresh
11-17-2004, 08:33 PM
Mission Accomplished!

John Ashcroft
11-17-2004, 08:35 PM
I thought socialism was the answer to everything? (According to you libs)...

Nickdfresh
11-17-2004, 08:40 PM
I thought socialism was the answer to everything? (According to you libs)...

You wouldn't know socialism from your ass from a whole in the ground. But "commies" control the media and censor what they don't like.:rolleyes:

Switch84
11-17-2004, 08:42 PM
Breschnev Wins! Long live the heroic leader of the Soviet Socialist Republic for his ridding Iraq of its fascist banditry.

By the way, all of the reporters not in Iraq will be covering military funerals near you.

:D Darling Nikki, do you think airing troop activities will change what's going on over there? And what's wrong with reports via newspapers? Promote reading! Too many folks (especially kids) get their info from the boob tube.

READ, MOTHERFUCKERS! READ!!!

lmmfaobt

John Ashcroft
11-17-2004, 08:45 PM
You wouldn't know socialism from your ass from a whole in the ground. But "commies" control the media and censor what they don't like.:rolleyes:

I'll bite. Expain socialism to me buddy. You seem to know all about it. So educate us all... Please.

FORD
11-17-2004, 08:45 PM
:D Darling Nikki, do you think airing troop activities will change what's going on over there? And what's wrong with reports via newspapers? Promote reading! Too many folks (especially kids) get their info from the boob tube.

READ, MOTHERFUCKERS! READ!!!

lmmfaobt

Read WHAT? Murdoch owned newspapers and the WashingMoonie Times?

The only newspapers worth reading anymore, you can't subscribe to in this country.

Thank God for www.guardian.co.uk

John Ashcroft
11-17-2004, 08:50 PM

The only newspapers worth reading anymore, you can't subscribe to in this country.

So even you don't read the New York Times??? I love it! They're soooooo fucked! Their days are surely numbered.

Nickdfresh
11-17-2004, 08:51 PM
I'll bite. Expain socialism to me buddy. You seem to know all about it. So educate us all... Please.

I don't have time to go into a lengthy politcal dissertation. But the first thing is that liberals aren't socialists, they're CAPITALISTS! "Liberal Elitests" are rich why? Because they are Trotsky lovers? They hate ketchup? I think not. Warren Buffet is one of the richest men in America and he owns my local (lame-ass) newspaper. He's a bed wetting liberal, but he makes plenty of dough. He even wants to pay more in taxes!

Switch84
11-17-2004, 09:36 PM

;) How about we just read your enlightening views of the world on a David Lee Roth fansite?

NUTHIN' BUT YEAH!

lucky wilbury
11-17-2004, 09:42 PM
So is this coinciding with the CIA purge, that you must eliminate all "liberal" influence wherever you go now?

I rarely go to Main (no time to deal with the Hagar sheep) and I'll bet if the word's over there it's either that certifiable lunatic Cook, or the Brits who nobody takes seriously anyway.

And Sarge hasn't been around.Unfortunately, he's preparing for his trip to PNAC-land :(

like i've said before i don't care who says what in these forums just let it go with the exception of spammers or people just being stupid.the words were in hitchs posts. as far as the cia thing the only people who are leaving were clinton appointees who do nothing but gum up the works and who have failed at their jobs to boot. just one less level of shit as i understand it

Nickdfresh
11-17-2004, 10:09 PM
We have a lot of spammers though.

And I don't remind removing assholes from the CIA. But it seems they're being replaced by even bigger, less experienced ones.

BigBadBrian
11-17-2004, 10:14 PM
Wrong, Agent Zimmerman.

FORD, you may be able to bullshit some of the new guys like Nick and OD and some of the other people here, but some of the other long-time people here ARE WELL FUCKING AWARE of all your past censorship as a mod both here and at DDLR. Don't even try to deny it. :gulp:

Nickdfresh
11-17-2004, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
FORD, you may be able to bullshit some of the new guys like Nick and OD and some of the other people here, but some of the other long-time people here ARE WELL FUCKING AWARE of all your past censorship as a mod both here and at DDLR. Don't even try to deny it. :gulp:

If you have a specific example, please offer it.

diamondD
11-17-2004, 11:45 PM
Well he got moved to the Music forum over there for doing it for one. It's not exactly an example, but it was the end result.

FORD
11-17-2004, 11:46 PM
He doesn't. He's just stirring shit as usual. He'll probably post another half-assed death threat again next.

diamondD
11-17-2004, 11:46 PM
BTW Dave, why aren't you in Little Rock celebrating the Clinton Presidential Library opening? All the other super-libs are here.

diamondD
11-17-2004, 11:51 PM
Or are you avoiding it because Bush 1 and 2 are both here and you are afraid of being recognized by the BCE and detained? ;)

FORD
11-18-2004, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by diamondD
BTW Dave, why aren't you in Little Rock celebrating the Clinton Presidential Library opening? All the other super-libs are here.

Couldn't take the time off right now. Too bad he didn't do it next week. Hell, he could have cooked up a big turkey and everything. Nicknamed it Ken Starr as he was chopping its head off ;)

lucky wilbury
11-18-2004, 01:19 AM
you see that thing? it looks like a double wide on stilts

ELVIS
11-18-2004, 01:48 AM
:D

Big Train
11-18-2004, 03:22 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nickdfresh
[B]You'd go crazy wondering what was happening.

Actually, I wouldn't. It's not like I wouldn't know generally what was going on. I don't need the blow by blow, like some sort of war version of SportsCenter, to get the picture. Suppressing the media hardly.

I agree that sometimes it is convenient, but I would again argue that we don't need to see soldiers doing their jobs on a daily basis with some dickhead running alongside trying to tape EVERYTHING. There is no purpose for it.

Nickdfresh
11-18-2004, 07:25 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nickdfresh
[B]You'd go crazy wondering what was happening.

Actually, I wouldn't. It's not like I wouldn't know generally what was going on. I don't need the blow by blow, like some sort of war version of SportsCenter, to get the picture. Suppressing the media hardly.

I agree that sometimes it is convenient, but I would again argue that we don't need to see soldiers doing their jobs on a daily basis with some dickhead running alongside trying to tape EVERYTHING. There is no purpose for it.

Many in the Military would disagree. They like featuring soldiers like they're on Sportscenter. Like in Grenada when the Delta Force, our most elite counter-terrorist unit, specifically trained to do small scale hostage rescue and assassination missions, was sent to take the airport because it was a glamorous mission featuring our best.

They suffered heavy casualties because they weren't designed to take on large scale infantry taskings.

diamondD
11-18-2004, 08:57 AM

I've been watching it go up every day and as it started taking shape, I had to shake my head.

diamondD
11-18-2004, 08:59 AM
Couldn't take the time off right now. Too bad he didn't do it next week. Hell, he could have cooked up a big turkey and everything. Nicknamed it Ken Starr as he was chopping its head off ;)

Well, if you ever plan to visit the Sin Shrine, let me know. :gulp:

BigBadBrian
11-18-2004, 09:08 AM

DAMN! I just saw it on TV. You're right. Just appropriate for that trailer trash!

:gulp:

Nickdfresh
11-18-2004, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
DAMN! I just saw it on TV. You're right. Just appropriate for that trailer trash!

:gulp:

As Alanis says, "You outta know!"

Big Train
11-18-2004, 12:50 PM
Nick still doesn't change a thing, whether it is convienent or not. Like the tag line about assualt weapons "it serves no useful purpose"...