VH live at the US Festival 83

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wayne L.

VH live at the US Festival 83

I saw the bootleg video of Van Halen live at the US Festival back in 83 about eight years ago which is one of " VH's most legendary concert performances " during the DLR era in front of more than 300, 000 fans showcasing VH at their finest when they were the " kings of rock with few equals " at the time because this classic concert performance was at the height of their rock & roll prowess with the band " kickin ass with a vengence " with this ballsy, blistering, take no prisoners, concert performance which defines Van Halen in those days.
  • Sarge
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

Ok.. You talked about the band..
    Where is the review of the show?
    ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
    The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
    [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

Re: VH live at the US Festival 83

Originally posted by Wayne L.
      I saw the bootleg video of Van Halen live at the US Festival back in 83 about eight years ago which is one of " VH's most legendary concert performances " during the DLR era in front of more than 300, 000 fans showcasing VH at their finest when they were the " kings of rock with few equals " at the time because this classic concert performance was at the height of their rock & roll prowess with the band " kickin ass with a vengence " with this ballsy, blistering, take no prisoners, concert performance which defines Van Halen in those days.
      WOW !! Dude that sounds AWESOME !!

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Re: VH live at the US Festival 83

Originally posted by Wayne L.
        That could be the worlds longest sentence...

Dave was wasted and almost ruined the show...that's why they never commercially released the audio or video...there's my review.
        Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• DLR7884
          ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

LOL, and he's 100% right!

Ever hear the radio edit for YRGM and RWTD from that show?

DLR7884
          Originally Posted by WARF:
          DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Yes, as a matter of fact, I have a pretty sweet copy of RWD, Pretty Woman and YRGM/Happy Trails...and they are awesome! I think that Dave had sobered up towards the end of the set...I have a not-so-great copy of the video and Dave is stumbling around at the beginning...
            Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• DLR7884
              ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

They re-did Daves vocals for the radio and for some copies of the video.

He was loaded and on the copy I have the movement of his lips and the sound doesn't match.

If you listen to the radio, it almost sounds like his voice is deeper and more clear on the part the re-did.

DLR7884
              Pretty good versions of those songs though!
              DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

I don't think the vocals are overdubbed.. You may be mistaken...

Comment

• Cathedral
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

If they were i never heard anything from the overdubs.

But that isn't to say it didn't happen. as long as the music parts are in the right place they can transfer a studio vocal track onto the US Festival track.

I just never heard a polished version of that show.

You know it is going to be a great show when in the first song Dave substitues the right vocal line with "I forgot the fuckin words", lol...

By the way, Edward was quite fucked up as well and making plenty of his own mistakes.
                  right off the top of my head i can say he fucked up in Romeo Delight and Unchained.

Niow i want to see it again, maybe i'll throw it in after the game...

Comment

• diamond den™

Runnin' With The Devil and Little Guitars on the US Festival Video boots ROCK!!!!!!

Comment

• Cathedral
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2004

Go ahead and say that again, it deserves repeating...

Comment

• Fairwrning
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

"somebody get me a doctor/girl gone bad/i'm so glad"...the highlight of this show...band is tightest it gets all night...Dave skips backstage and does a line and a shot....(not necessarily in that order)..then comes back out and does 42 dropkicks across the stage near the end of "dance the night away".....
                        imo

Comment

• Cathedral
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

42 drop kicks?
                          Oh yeah, he was speedin big time wasn't he?
                          He's lucky he didn't have a coronary back then, lol.

Damn, that would have sucked a big furry donkey dong wouldn't it?

Comment

• Calderone
                            Commando
                            • Jan 2004

he mean say 4 drop kicks

Comment

• DLR7884
                              ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                              I don't think the vocals are overdubbed.. You may be mistaken...

The audio I have of the radio doesn't sound like the video.

I'll have to pull the audio tape out and watch the video at the same time.

DLR7884
                              Or I could be wrong....

Comment

Working...