PDA

View Full Version : Classic VH remastered...

Jack68
11-19-2004, 04:37 PM
Everybody back away from the pipe i might of missed it.The original albums are they remastered or just some of the tunes on the best of stuff?Van Halen always sounded great to me on cassette or whatever and the cds were great also,just wondering if they have fucked with perfection so to speak.

Vivian Campbell
11-19-2004, 04:52 PM
Yes, they are remastered. Yes, they are perfect sounding. BUY THEM NOW!!

Switch84
11-19-2004, 05:19 PM
:D :D They tweaked them into PERFECTION! Get them! Enjoy them! LOVE THEM!!!!

Jack68
11-19-2004, 05:25 PM
MUST OBEY........

Switch84
11-19-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Jack68
MUST OBEY........

:D Good Boy!!!! Here's your first 5 point shout out for getting the Remasters!

Jack68
11-19-2004, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Switch84
:D Good Boy!!!! Here's your first 5 point shout out for getting the Remasters!

Hell Yeahhhh!

Nickdfresh
11-19-2004, 09:00 PM
I just picked up Van Halen I and 1984 and they are much more vibrant and clear because of the newer CD high resolution technology.

LickMyCream
11-19-2004, 09:26 PM
They sound too harsh and digital. Stick with the originals. Seriously.

Jack68
11-19-2004, 09:28 PM
I always go back to Fair Warning but i skip around alot on the other 5.1984 really grew on me i diddnt really like all of it at first but its like different stages of a rocket.I just bought Diamond Dave and the best of on Rhino,should be good .Im only just getting in to Daves later years ,i like the sound so far.I m looking at the track listing i cant believe he covered tomorrow never knows by the beatles.Gotta drive to Atlantic city mananna gonna crank both discs..Cant wait to get the remastered 6 pak.Ill check out Daves solo stuff for sure.That fuckin u2 song is still banging around my head though.ok you fuckers youve sucked me in.
Jack

hot for david
11-19-2004, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Vivian Campbell
Yes, they are remastered. Yes, they are perfect sounding. BUY THEM NOW!!

that true , i got 1984 n' van halen I n' are really a beautiful !!!!:)

Nickdfresh
11-19-2004, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by LickMyCream

Get a real stereo!

BIG GOOSE
11-20-2004, 04:20 AM

Agreed !! Way to fuckin trebly and pinched.
The best sounding by far version of VH1 is the Steve Hoffman mastered version on DCC Compact Classics.The only version where Mikey's bass sounds great.

EbDawson
11-20-2004, 04:30 AM

To each his own I guess.

Eb says Buy the Remasters! WACF never sounded so good!

Eyes of the Night
11-20-2004, 11:57 PM
I dig the remasters ... I can finally hear the bass!;)

rustoffa
11-21-2004, 12:18 AM
If you don't have a really nice turntable, try a DAC. (digital to analog converter)

It's interesting, because I have a decent turntable and bought a really expensive DAC anyway.

The process of digitalizing analog recordings compresses everything, good and bad.

If you want to really feel the joy, go on EBAY and purchase a bad-ass MARANTZ receiver from circa 1978....plug your bad-ass turntable or tube DAC into it and rock the fuck out.

Neil Young....."listening to digital music is like looking through a screen door."

Nickdfresh
11-21-2004, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by rustoffa
If you don't have a really nice turntable, try a DAC. (digital to analog converter)

It's interesting, because I have a decent turntable and bought a really expensive DAC anyway.

The process of digitalizing analog recordings compresses everything, good and bad.

If you want to really feel the joy, go on EBAY and purchase a bad-ass MARANTZ receiver from circa 1978....plug your bad-ass turntable or tube DAC into it and rock the fuck out.

Neil Young....."listening to digital music is like looking through a screen door."

They don't make recievers like they used to do they?

I posted an article in the Non-DLR forum on the new DVD formats coming out in a year or so. The new "bluelaser" DVD technology will have 5X the current storage capacity which may bode well for music. Maybe this will finally mean an end to the limited CD format?

rustoffa
11-21-2004, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
They don't make recievers like they used to do they?

:D
Well, there's all manner of audiophiles.

While I will buy cable by the foot, I won't pay 40 dollars a foot for it.

It's all bullshit.

A friend of mine has an old Technics receiver feeding the Infinity's that legends were made of. He put this simple system together about 25 years ago and it's jaw-dropping compared to what you'd waste god knows what on now.

This motherfucker also has a reel-to-reel collection....
That's right....THE SHIT.

Nickdfresh
11-21-2004, 01:15 AM
I bought a newer 110 watt Onkyo receiver (org. $1500) to get all of the new DVD 7.1 audio shit and six-channel sound for DTS to replace my old $400 80 watt Onkyo 1993 model. I found to my horror that the new model does not have nearly the power of the older receiver. I went down to the stereo shop to shove it back up the the guys ass and he said "they just don't wire 'em like they used to!" I hate electronics companies! The best explanation I got was that they put so much R & D into the movie soudtrack stuff that they have ignored the music side of things. It is all bullshit!

Starwood
11-21-2004, 01:21 AM
They RAWK. Do yourself (and your neighbors) a favor.

Nickdfresh
11-21-2004, 01:23 AM
WTF?

EbDawson
11-21-2004, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by rustoffa
[BA friend of mine has an old Technics receiver feeding the Infinity's that legends were made of. He put this simple system together about 25 years ago and it's jaw-dropping compared to what you'd waste god knows what on now.

[/B]

Man, those old Technics components were the best!

Kristy
11-21-2004, 03:24 AM
Well, I went out and bought all of the re-mastered series and think they sound fucking incredible (especially 'Fair Warning'). Come on, what in the fuck does a hippy douchebag like Neil Young know? The guy is practically brain dead dinosaur as we speak. Sure, he's written a good tune here and there but most of his playing sounds like a garbage disposal with faulty wiring to me.

fanofdave
11-21-2004, 12:27 PM
the remasters are worth the purchase.
get them.