PDA

View Full Version : Van Hagar In Classic Rock

Shaun Ponsonby
11-22-2004, 01:04 PM
Van Hagar were interviewed in Classic Rock Magazine. They didn't even MENTION Dave. The guy that wrote the article did-but not the others. Ungrateful cunts.

Also, there were some fans at soundcheck shouting out requests to the Van Halens and Mike Anthony (apparently, Spammy doesn't 'do' soundchecks)-and they were ALL Dave songs. Ha!-what does that tell you?

Also Also-check out the picture of Spammy on stage with Eddie. If I didn't know any better, I'd say Eddie has just stuck his guitar up Spammy's ass. So, there is justice!!!

Switch84
11-22-2004, 01:28 PM
:D Justice, indeed! Viva la ROTH!!!!!!

bueno bob
11-22-2004, 05:51 PM
It's no real wonder. I firmly believe to this day that 5 out of 10 people at any Van Halen/Hagar concert since 1986 have been there solely to hear the old six pack material and for no other reason.

And with Van Hagar's dismal tour turnout this go-around, what does that bode for the future?

How many tickets would they have sold if they had opted out of doing ANY David material once word got out that they wouldn't play any?

Van Halen's very life depends on David's six pack contributions.

To not see that is to have one's head in the sand.

Nickdfresh
11-22-2004, 10:21 PM
Eight out of ten go to the concerts to hear Crazy Eddie's guitar and two out of ten, are, well retarded.

BITEYOASS
11-22-2004, 10:25 PM
This drives edward into further madness! :D

Roamin' Off
11-24-2004, 11:54 PM
Ok.... I have been lurking here for atleast a year of 2, and reading all these posts. I know this is a pro DLR site and I know I am going to get slammed for this but I have to air this....

I went to the "Sam and Dave" concert tour in Florida (I live in the Bahamas and it was the closest to me getting to the US to see something CLOSE to a Van Halen Concert as I could get) I am a fan of BOTH Roth and Hagar and both versions of VH. I was really looking forward to seeing Dave as I had read the press, seen the footage years ago and really wanted to see Dave kick ass.....

Anyone who was at that show knows who won that night and it had nothing to do with who you like best.... Sam was on top of his game. Roth came across as crass, a drunk and looked as if he had contracted something or was sick or something.

I was really dissapointed in Dave. I was suprised at Sammy for doing a much better show. I saw Sam with the "sisters" in 91 and was not impressed but that was the only version of VH being dealt at the time.

If anyone else was at the West Palm beach show, I am sure they saw what I saw. I think there is a reason dave was not welcomed back to the fold, the "Sisters" probably don't need him embarrassing them or him when they perform.

And I am a fan, just stating an unbiased opinon on a first hand view of the show I saw live. when was the last time y'all saw Dave live?

keep an open mind ya DLR SHEEP!!!

And by the way, Ed looks horrible in all the pics I have seen of the Van Hagar tour. What the hell does he have on his head a fuckin' poodle? And yea, Sam definately could eclipse the sun if they held an outdoor concert but see what you look like when you approach 60 man,Too many tacos or somethin. They all need some help.

Alex Mogilny
11-25-2004, 01:38 AM
Comparing Van Hagar to Van Halen is like comparing Black Dio to Black Sabbath.

It just doesn't fit. Dave is an original. Sam is a wannabe.

Dave and Ed are like Keith and Mick, Page and Plant.

Sam and Ed are like the fucking Nelson Twins.

Van Halen is timeless rock and roll. 5150 sounded dated in 1988.

Who Gives a shit if Dave can sing....Plant lost his voice in 1973. The effects in the studio did wonders for him on the albums, it would do the same for Dave. Who gives a shit who "sings" better live. You could make an argument that Barbra Streisand is a better singer than Sam Hagar. Would you go see Streisand instead of Van Hagar because Streisand is better singer? The answer is no. The reason you go to the show is "The show".

DAVE IS THE SHOW!

Some people just don't get...you probably never will. So go back to the fucking Bahamas put on your fucking Jimmy Buffett and relax.

Panamark
11-25-2004, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by Roamin' Off
Ok.... I have been lurking here for atleast a year of 2, and reading all these posts. I know this is a pro DLR site and I know I am going to get slammed for this but I have to air this....

I went to the "Sam and Dave" concert tour in Florida (I live in the Bahamas and it was the closest to me getting to the US to see something CLOSE to a Van Halen Concert as I could get) I am a fan of BOTH Roth and Hagar and both versions of VH. I was really looking forward to seeing Dave as I had read the press, seen the footage years ago and really wanted to see Dave kick ass.....

Anyone who was at that show knows who won that night and it had nothing to do with who you like best.... Sam was on top of his game. Roth came across as crass, a drunk and looked as if he had contracted something or was sick or something.

I was really dissapointed in Dave. I was suprised at Sammy for doing a much better show. I saw Sam with the "sisters" in 91 and was not impressed but that was the only version of VH being dealt at the time.

If anyone else was at the West Palm beach show, I am sure they saw what I saw. I think there is a reason dave was not welcomed back to the fold, the "Sisters" probably don't need him embarrassing them or him when they perform.

And I am a fan, just stating an unbiased opinon on a first hand view of the show I saw live. when was the last time y'all saw Dave live?

keep an open mind ya DLR SHEEP!!!

And by the way, Ed looks horrible in all the pics I have seen of the Van Hagar tour. What the hell does he have on his head a fuckin' poodle? And yea, Sam definately could eclipse the sun if they held an outdoor concert but see what you look like when you approach 60 man,Too many tacos or somethin. They all need some help.

Too bad you didnt get to read all the great reviews about Dave
from the other venues. Did you know your fat hero cancelled
the last shows ??

Rikk, Im afraid there is another one trying to sneak in.......

Roamin' Off
11-25-2004, 07:27 AM
Ya know, y'all need how to learn to read what people say.... I never said anything about his voice, I said he didn't put on a show. Y'all say Dave is the show and Sam's a wanna be. well. ok, but if you were at THAT show, you would have seen an old guy trying to re-create the past glory and not doing a great job at it and insulting the audiance while he was doing it. It wasn't a show (his half) THAT is what dissapointed me. He had some good parts, but he looked terrible and did not look like he was enjoying performing as I have seen in past performances.

That is what I meant. Fuck the rest of ya if you can't see that and are closed minded sheep.

As for the music, I like the Roth era stuff to the majority of the Sammy stuff. My favorite album is Fair warning. We can't live in the past though man. Can't we all just get along? Jeez!!!Wuz gonna say come down here a while and get a new perspective, but fuck that! Y'all can live in 1978 forever if you like and not see Dave for what he is TODAY.

That was my point. I even slammed EVH and Sam for the 91 show and his poodle hairdo in the rececnt Van Hagar stint and got no cudos for that? Man! tuff crowd!

moose
11-25-2004, 09:48 AM
Rama , November 4th 2004. Dave put on a stellar show. Don't need the display of kicks and jumps(the guy is 50) but he still can entertain the people. Nuff said!

Terry
11-25-2004, 10:08 AM
Roamin', considering what Van Halen have offered us this year, can you blame anyone for "living in the past"?

Classic Van Halen is timeless music.

Yes, Roth can't jump quite as high as he used to, and his voice is a little rough at times these days, but the spirit and passion are still there and on full display even on the off-nights.

I never thought Sammy or Van Hagar were special to begin with, and that stuff hasn't gotten any better with age for me, so is it really gonna matter if Sam and Van Hagar nail that material live and Dave has some rough spots?

A polished Cabo turd is still a turd, and I'm not gonna focus on the present with Van Halen until they offer up something worthwhile. Doesn't have to be Roth on vocals for that to happen either. Ed and Co just have to start making an effort. What was that Van Hagar 2004 tour if nothing else than an exercise in living in the past, 1986 to 1995 specifically? I don't even bother including those three new 2004 tracks as proof of Van Halen "moving on", because it took substandard shit like that to make what 'Van Halen' did in the mid 1980s to the mid 1990s look almost decent by comparison.

Nickdfresh
11-25-2004, 10:18 AM
Ya know, y'all need how to learn to read what people say.... I never said anything about his voice, I said he didn't put on a show. Y'all say Dave is the show and Sam's a wanna be. well. ok, but if you were at THAT show, you would have seen an old guy trying to re-create the past glory and not doing a great job at it and insulting the audiance while he was doing it. It wasn't a show (his half) THAT is what dissapointed me. He had some good parts, but he looked terrible and did not look like he was enjoying performing as I have seen in past performances.

That is what I meant. Fuck the rest of ya if you can't see that and are closed minded sheep.

As for the music, I like the Roth era stuff to the majority of the Sammy stuff. My favorite album is Fair warning. We can't live in the past though man. Can't we all just get along? Jeez!!!Wuz gonna say come down here a while and get a new perspective, but fuck that! Y'all can live in 1978 forever if you like and not see Dave for what he is TODAY.

That was my point. I even slammed EVH and Sam for the 91 show and his poodle hairdo in the rececnt Van Hagar stint and got no cudos for that? Man! tuff crowd!

Nickdfresh
11-25-2004, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Jerkin' Off
Ya know, y'all, I need to learn not to be such a self-nullifying fucktard.... I never said anything about his bulging crotch even though I could't take my eyes off of it, I said he didn't put on a show. Y'all say Dave is the show and Sam's a wanna be. well. it's true! If I had a fuck'in clue, I would have seen that Sammy Hagar has turned into a fat, embarrassing Jimmy Buffet like DOUCHEBAG, insulting the audiance while he was doing it. It wasn't a show (his half) THAT is what dissapointed me. Sammy had some good parts, like his big fat ass I would like to lick, but he looked terrible and did not look like he was enjoying performing as I have seen in past performances.

That is what I meant. Fuck me 'cause I'm a closed minded sheep and Spam lover.

As for the music, I like the Roth era stuff to the majority of the Sammy stuff. My favorite album is Fair warning. We can't live in the past though man. We can't all just get along as long as I sing the paraises of that fat embarrassing piece of Spam! Jeez!!!Wuz gonna say come down here a while and get a new perspective, but fuck that! Y'all can live in 1978 forever if you like and not see Dave for what he is TODAY, a clearly superior speciman that Spammy Gagar.

OFF TO THE SHEEP PEN WITH YOU THY LOVER OF SPAM!!!!!!

secrets
11-25-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
Van Hagar were interviewed in Classic Rock Magazine. They didn't even MENTION Dave. The guy that wrote the article did-but not the others. Ungrateful cunts.

Absolutely, I saw that too but refused to buy a mag that promotes Van Hagar in any way.

IHaveBigboobs
11-26-2004, 04:18 PM
I have 2 small dogs at home called Sam and Dave. Sam is the cuter one but slightly retarded (underestimate of the year!!) and Dave is a very bright dog but ugly as sin. Coincidence? I think not! Want to see pictures of ugly as sin Dave? You might see a resembalence in your oh holy piece of shit singer and my little dog Dave. Please let me know- sooo happy to share with die-hard fans who are still worshipping a played out wannabe rockstar from how many years ago that looks ill. Want something that looks healthy and still has spunk and knows he is not 25 anymore so he does not dress in skin-tight gold jumpsuits look at my buddy Sammy. Now thats a star and thats a real preformer. World- move on- Dave is old and looks like shit! Sammy is the man- Roth Army my ass!

Oh yeah and by the way- my screenname is correct- I do have big boobs. Wanna see a picture of them too?

Hope no one is offended by this post but...geeezzzz...lets move on from the David Lee Roth thing. In his Hey day he was great. Hot as hell and knew how to use a mic, but now- retire buddy, buy a rocking chair, take up knitting and jerk off! Enough said. Point made.

fanofdave
11-26-2004, 04:23 PM
welcome to the site. glad to hear you have big boobs.
we love 'em that way. go ahead and post a picture of
them; we'll be the judge of what's big. i hope they
look better than sammy or dave.

IHaveBigboobs
11-26-2004, 04:34 PM
Firstly: Roamin' Off had some good points. Nickdfresh is is a jackass that needs to move out of his parents home grow up and stop being a close-minded fuck. Get a job, get a life, stop wacking off to the sound of Dave's raspy voice and read what someone wrote before jumping on their ass.

If Roamin'off is talking about the same concert that I think he is- I went to it to. I am not sticking up for this guy cause I dont know him from Adam but merely cause he was decent about what he wrote and you guys slammeed him- I went to the Sam and Dave concert . Sucked. i was dissapointed with Dave. i expected more out of Dave. Man he looked like shit too. Sammy on the other hand did an awesome job!

Nickdfresh you got way too much time on your hands buddy.

IHaveBigboobs
11-26-2004, 04:38 PM
Fanofdave, Will you take the picture?

Nickdfresh
11-26-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by IHaveBigboobs
I have 2 small dogs at home called Sam and Dave. Sam is the cuter one but slightly retarded (underestimate of the year!!) and Dave is a very bright dog but has a very large penis. Coincidence? I think not! Want to see pictures of ugly as sin Dave? I have pictures of me sucking off my dog named Dave. He really like me. You might see a resembalence in the way I sodomize my two puppies. Please let me know- sooo happy to be really gay and beastual. Want something that looks healthy and still has spunk and knows he is not 25 anymore so he does not dress in skin-tight gold condoms when he bends me over. Now thats a star and thats a real preformer. World- move on- Dave is king and looks fit! Sammy is the gayman I want up my ass!

Oh yeah and by the way- my screenname is correct- I do have big boobs. Wanna see a picture of them too? I'm a shemale!

Hope no one is offended by this post but...geeezzzz...I'm such a flaming loser that no one ever talks to me. In this day he was great. Hot as hell and knew how to use a mic, but now Sammy- retire buddy, buy a rocking chair, take up knitting and jerk off! Enough said. Point made.

Are you really a she male?

Switch84
11-26-2004, 04:50 PM
[B
Hope no one is offended by this post but...geeezzzz...lets move on from the David Lee Roth thing. In his Hey day he was great. Hot as hell and knew how to use a mic, but now- retire buddy, buy a rocking chair, take up knitting and jerk off! Enough said. Point made. [/B]

:rolleyes: One question, Booby. Why would you surf a DAVID LEE ROTH fansite and ask the members of such site (Rothaholics one and all) to 'move on' from admiring DAVID LEE ROTH? Obviously your boobies are bigger than your brain. You'd probably attend a paraplegic seminar and ask why everyone's in wheelchairs.

Go away, attention whore.......

Nickdfresh
11-26-2004, 04:51 PM
Firstly: Jerkin' Off had some gay points. Nickdfresh is a mother fuckin' badass that owns me because I am a total retard. Get a blowjob, I give them freely! I enjoy wacking off to the sound of Dave's raspy voice and finding some unsuspecting passed out drunk guy and jumping on their ass.

If Jerkin'off is talking about the same concert that I think he is- I one of the douchebags that went to it to. I am not sucking off this guy much, but cause I dont know him from Adam but merely cause he was a fucktard sheep and he wrote a bunch of rambling autistic shit like I do- I went to the Sam and Dave concert . I Sucked the entire band off. i was dissapointed with Dave. i expected more out of Dave. But he was so heterosexual that he wouldn't touch my transexual ass. Man he looked like a God compared to that troll Sammy. On the other hand, Sammy gave an awesome blowjob!

Nickdfresh you got way too much time on your hands buddy.

Uhh, douchebag, you're the one that wrote two concecutive rambling non-sensical posts. I have too much time, no...

Nickdfresh
11-26-2004, 04:52 PM
You are my bitch! You have been officially:

Nickdfresh
11-26-2004, 04:58 PM
Fanofdave, Will you take the picture? I have my penis tied back like Buffalo Bill in the Silence of the Lambs.

ATTENION WHORE ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Switch84
11-26-2004, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Uhh, douchebag, you're the one that wrote two concecutive rambling non-sensical posts. I have too much time, no...

:D HAHHA!! Two for the price of on $2 whore, Darling Nikki! 'Roamin4maleass' is so obviously 'Titlesswonder'!

Haters never win and winners never hate.....

NUTHIN' BUT YEAH!

ALinChainz
11-26-2004, 05:09 PM
Both from the Bahamas, and they sound the same.

Bet they are.

Signed up under two user names to have someone agree with him ... or her.

:rolleyes:

Switch84
11-26-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by ALinChainz
Both from the Bahamas, and they sound the same.

Bet they are.

Signed up under two user names to have someone agree with him ... or her.

:rolleyes:

:mad: Yeah, the douche bag! He's too stupid to realize that his IP number can be checked, fucker.

Here's a 5 star shout out to a fellow Michigan native! WE ROCK!!!

Hecubus
11-26-2004, 05:28 PM
OK...some of that was enough to turn a stomach....

Switch84
11-26-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Hecubus
OK...some of that was enough to turn a stomach....

:D Yep! Just like this stupid weed-smoking Bahamian asshole with a DLR-envy complex.

Hecubus
11-26-2004, 05:39 PM
especially the pic of the band...

Switch84
11-26-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Hecubus
especially the pic of the band...

:D BUWHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!! Fuck the Bahamas! If it wasn't for tourists spending big loot there, those fucking islands would implode financially. They have nothing else to offer the world.

Entertain me, pour me a drink, get naked and roll me a fatty, Bahama Boy!

LMAOBT!

Roamin' Off
11-26-2004, 11:16 PM
OK, now you all really pissed me off. Check the ip addy asshole, It ain't the same person, but that should show you the dedication some fans have for Van Halen to actually fly in from another country to see a show. Where did you come from? The fuckin dumpter in the ally outside the Arena. Real fuckin far, bet ya had to suck off the security guys to get you in the Cheap Seats.

Maybe Boobs went over a bit on the Dave Bashing, I know I didn't as I am a fan, but you fuckers got nothin better to do than sit around and alter others posts and insult people who have a different opinion than yourselves.

I wonder what the Diamond one would say. I know, he would take crittisizm in stride because Dave has class. Unfortunately none of it showed that night on stage.

And to that no pussy gettin sit at home jeckin off to a Diamond one poster who keeps altering posts at an attempt to be funny, I hope you go blind from Jerkin the gurkin too much buddy, You no imagination, head in the sand cocksucker.

Oh, and go back to school and learn reading comprehension you tunnel vision one-sided fuck before you comment and edit others opinions.

I am a Dave fan, I speak the truth, If the truth ain't what you wanna hear, thats is your problem.

And by the way, the last time I checked, the Name is Van Halen, Not Van Hagar and not Van Roth. (unless Roth and Hagar majically woke up dutch one morning).

Switch84
11-26-2004, 11:21 PM
OK, now you all really pissed me off. Check the ip addy asshole, It ain't the same person, but that should show you the dedication some fans have for Van Halen to actually fly in from another country to see a show. Where did you come from? The fuckin dumpter in the ally outside the Arena. Real fuckin far, bet ya had to suck off the security guys to get you in the Cheap Seats.

Maybe Boobs went over a bit on the Dave Bashing, I know I didn't as I am a fan, but you fuckers got nothin better to do than sit around and alter others posts and insult people who have a different opinion than yourselves.

I wonder what the Diamond one would say. I know, he would take crittisizm in stride because Dave has class. Unfortunately none of it showed that night on stage.

And to that no pussy gettin sit at home jeckin off to a Diamond one poster who keeps altering posts at an attempt to be funny, I hope you go blind from Jerkin the gurkin too much buddy, You no imagination, head in the sand cocksucker.

Oh, and go back to school and learn reading comprehension you tunnel vision one-sided fuck before you comment and edit others opinions.

I am a Dave fan, I speak the truth, If the truth ain't what you wanna hear, thats is your problem.

And by the way, the last time I checked, the Name is Van Halen, Not Van Hagar and not Van Roth. (unless Roth and Hagar majically woke up dutch one morning).

:argh: :sleepy: Say that again, I wasn't paying attention...........

Switch84
11-26-2004, 11:33 PM
:asshole: :lol: :bananna: Folks, the audacity of this Bahamian spliff smoker coming into the HOUSE OF ROTH and insulting our Toastmaster General is indeed DUMB!

You think Davy Baby's a has-been? Wow, THIS is the best the Bahamas have to offer the music world.....Who will remember these mofos in 26 years?

IHaveBigboobs
11-27-2004, 04:35 AM
We are not the same.Sick fucks. I promise you this. I PMed him and he is on an island called Abaco and I am in the capital called Nassau. There are many people in the Bahamas you retards.And I know many others that go to this site here in Nassau. Whats your point? Grow up.

Nickdfresh
11-27-2004, 03:09 PM
Show me your tits Bigboobs! Post them in the Picture forum under "Ladies it's time to show us your pictures" NOW!